• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Thrill Drive 3 on PS2; arcade exclusive...till now :)

VGEsoterica

NOT an April Fools joke...because I don't like them!

So for awhile there has been a raw dump of Thrill Drive 3 that you could use to flash a PS2 hard drive with and THEN wire up a Konami Python 2 IO to so you could play this arcade exclusive that ran ON a PS2. Very cumbersome...only someone like me would do that lol

BUT recently someone made a fork of PCSX 2 to play the DDR / Bemani games. Thrill Drive 3 would boot (sometimes) but was uncontrollable due to analog passthrough issues.

So myself and a member of my Discord submitted a git ticketto get it running for ANYONE to go enjoy and play today :)...so that's exactly what I want everyone to do :)

Because I hate gaming April Fools jokes...consider this the anti-joke! Super hard to find before if at all...and now easy!

Last edited:

Deft Beck

I've always had spotty results with that build of OPL meant for BEMANI games. It's supposed to fix the audio drift issue but it never worked for me on the mixes past beatmaniaIIDX 7th Style.

EDIT: Oh, this is PCSX2. Lol, misread the message.

Last edited:

VGEsoterica

I've always had spotty results with that build of OPL meant for BEMANI games. It's supposed to fix the audio drift issue but it never worked for me on the mixes past beatmaniaIIDX 7th Style.

EDIT: Oh, this is PCSX2. Lol, misread the message.
yes its different and new. It can be fiddley...especially if you get id running on OG hardware with the IO. So this is MUCH easier

Top Bottom