• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Think this is one of the most epic movie scenes ever

SpiceRacz

20190404-8egJZ1RhzV0hkxD0sFj4

YT won't let me post the video, but this scene from Lost Highway is really unsettling. David Lynch at his best.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
One more since tomorrow is Halloween, the opening to Ghost Ship was fucking epic!

I watched that over the weekend. That wasn't bad at all. Tight script, good banter between the crew, some comedy, good cast. I forgot how I missed these types of films!

Yeah, that opening though 👀

winjer

Gold Member
The only problem is that when I watch it in the original, I don't understand all of it. And when I watch it in German, a lot of the humor is lost. But yeah, I'm going to start it in the next few days.

A few of their jokes are with language puns. But not many.
Most of their jokes require general knowledge and history, than language knowledge.
And although it's very silly humor, it's also very intelligent.

For example, one of the best jokes in The Holy Grail is the "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
It's funny by itself. But if one considers that at one point in history, these were real insults. As in hamsters reproduce a lot. And poor people in mediaeval times, made wine out of elderberries.
So this is an indirect way of calling someone's mother a whore, and the father a drunkard.

Top Bottom