• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

There is a chance for Next Gen to be delayed to 2021

The chance of this happening is very slim. Corona virus would need to mutate & vastly increase lethality.

That said, I'm more than OK with a delayed release to holiday 2021. I was hoping for it to be honest. My backlog is truly insane and I'd prefer to see devs eke out one more year to maximize current Gen hardware.

Obviously wouldn't want a delay to happen at the expense of human lives. But I'm more than OK if the delay were to happen.

Ar¢tos

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure manufacturing for consoles coming in Q4 doesn't even start until summer at the earliest.
Making 7nm chips takes 4-5 months. If you want to have enough units for a worldwide release, then manufacturing probably has started already.

Oh it'll come out in 2020 ... with a special surprise when unboxing:

unYj6zz.jpg

A simpsons gif for everything

Jayjayhd34

i hope you are well aware that this is a hell of a lot more serious than the flu, production lines in the affected areas have already shutdown, there's literally drones patrolling the streets telling people to put their masks on and go home:

Can anyone verify this it looks and sounds fake.

DonJorginho

Banned
Can anyone verify this it looks and sounds fake.

It literally has a TIK TOK logo in the bottom right and the echos of the "drone" should mean we hear the outside noise, but we can't lol and footage is sped up whilst the voice track remains the same.

mango drank

Agreed, he should post it in the monthly contest thread.

I can't take full credit. I thought of that scene from the Simpsons on my own, after seeing this thread, but then when I Googled for images from that episode, I found out other people had already linked the Wuhan outbreak to that scene and had made memes out of it. Simpsons did it, squared.

Jtibh

Banned
Chinese markets suffered big times today with 8 percent drop.

Oil and gas industry is impacted as well and also the 11th confirmed case in the us adds to the change in the market.

Some factories are shut down for the whole month of february.
Even if manufacturing continues , transportation becomes a big issue at the moment.

I expect rising costs in manufacturing and shipping.

So even if we dont see a delay price will be impacted for sure.

I cant post all the links here from today but i advise everyone to do some self search.

Again i am writing about the economy and not about the spread of the virus and such.

CLW

It appears we are headed towards an inevitable deep world wide depression. No company in their right mind would want to release a completely discretionary product into that environment.

If I were a betting man I dont think we see a PS5 of Xsex until we get out of this economic funk which will likely take year(s). That may infact give Sony time to create a PS5 Pro to match/top Xsex.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I keep hearing that April 31st is going to be the peak of this whole thing. So it'll start going downhill after that. I don't think we've hit the worst of this so far. I don't honestly think we know the impact from all this. So many people getting laid off from their jobs. How many of those could have been new console owners for holiday 2020?

Last edited:
Top Bottom