• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Story, how Microsoft Squandered Their Reputation Overnight.

MormaPope

Banned
Gamers writing off a console before seeing actual games. Well, before seeing more than a couple seconds of a couple games. RIP in peace, gamers.

If a console required me to prick my finger and put a blood sample on the power button to authenticate that I'm indeed The One, so I can play GTA VII and KOTOR 3, I would probably build a PC.

And exclusives don't really matter to me, Cyberpunk 2077 and GTA V are my most anticipated games.

It's not even out yet. Why are you making a big deal out of nothing?

What constitutes a big deal? I'm a Xbox/Xbox 360 owner with observations and assertions. If people want to argue my points, then those people can make a thread that argues against what I'm saying in this thread.

geeze while I was dissipointed with the announcement and this is is coming from someone who love his xbox and has Been on XBL for 10yrs. I'm going to wait until E3-I think alot of people will. M$ needs stuff to counter
PS4 at E3 so I think (I HOPE) they will blow us away with games. Hey, if they don't, I'm pumped for PS4.
I see it as a win win either way.

Fox Mulder

For a forum that claims its all about the games. Some people sure like sure to pass judgment before any games are shown. Shit wait for E3.

I'm not going to take an ass fucking to play great games. I would be infinitely more excited if all these bullshit policies didn't exist.

Klocker

I wore a Balmertar with ONLY ON XBOX before the event in hopes none of the negative rumors were true. Every single negative rumor is true, and together constitutes the antithesis of what I will spend money on in a media product. If somehow Xbone was the only way to play games, I still would not buy it.

regardless.. This mob shit is irrational

The thread I posted earlier mirrors some of your sentiments... albiet less gloom and doom with some room to improve. Honestly though I think there's still time to right the ship, but Microsoft needs to be proactive in that approach and not expect people to overlook the flaws.

So, tell me, what exactly warranted this thread? Seriously, is stuff like this this just a cry for attention, or a really sad attempt at account suicide? Like someone who says they wanna kill themselves then proceeds to scratch their wrists with a dull knife?

I guess anger?
Your frustration is completely warranted though; I agree with the general idea of the thread but the focus needs to be on what they can improve or the thought process and the subsequent discussion rather than simply bitching.

I feel like it's too early to call the Xbone dead on arrival, but I have to admit the reveal yesterday did leave a bad taste in my mouth. If the PR is to be believed then there should be a ton of games at E3 along with some more finalized "policies".

Maybe that'll turn things around?

Maybe I'm too optimistic.

xJavonta

Banned
So, tell me, what exactly warranted this thread? Seriously, is stuff like this this just a cry for attention, or a really sad attempt at account suicide? Like someone who says they wanna kill themselves then proceeds to scratch their wrists with a dull knife?

Dayyuummmnnnnn

Druz

Kinect has to be plugged in so Microsoft can sell the Xbox at a higher price.

I don't agree with you here. Will it be higher priced? Maybe. Or maybe the same price with less markup. I like the idea that standardizing something in a console will allow developers to use these features without fear of isolating the people without it.

SkareKro

I'm not going to take an ass fucking to play great games. I would be infinitely more excited if all these bullshit policies didn't exist.
The problem though is that this is the way the industry seems to be going. Sony stayed quiet(which was smart) but even they said it was the publishers decision. So lets wait and see how this all plays out before we grab the pitchforks.=)

MormaPope

Banned

I simply wanted to say my perspective and how I felt about the Xbox brand overall through the years.

If you feel this thread is inflammatory and such, lock it down and wipe it off the front page. I don't really feel what I'm saying is malicious or a "cry for attention though".

xJavonta

Banned
I don't agree with you here. Will it be higher priced? Maybe. Or maybe the same price with less markup. I like the idea that standardizing something in a console will allow developers to use these features without fear of isolating the people without it.

Good way of looking at it, and it makes sense for MS

Forum rules don't apply to mods?

SkareKro

I simply wanted to say my perspective and how I felt about the Xbox brand overall through the years.

If you feel this thread is inflammatory and such, lock it down and wipe it off the front page. I don't really feel what I'm saying is malicious or a "cry for attention though".
I personally don't have a problem with your thread. Im just saying this is Extremely too early.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
The hate is irrational. It's 4chan level.

I'm sure I've seen some mods join in on the fun too. It's sad, really.

Replace 'hate' with 'MS defending' and you get a more accurate statement.

MormaPope

Banned
Also, if someone wants commit account suicide they usually don't do a detailed or thought out OP. Kind of offended by that comment to be honest.

Piper Az

Wow, GAF is on fire with doom and gloom over Xbox One!!! The wind of console opinion changes so quickly here, esp during console launch time.

Biker19

Banned
And it shows how outdated the plan is.

In the world of fast evolving smart devices, smart tvs, roku, Apple TV, and dvr's, a do everything living room device already seems like a dinosaur.

This is the biggest flaw in their plan. By the time they got into the position to execute the "dream" they've had since they entered the console space, it was already an outdated notion.

Not that anyone over there actually realized that...

I agree. This device is going to fail in the long run, especially when competing with both Google & Apple for the living room space. Not to mention that people can do most of the exact same things that the Xbox One is doing under computers, laptops, tablets, smart TV's, DVR's, & on smartphones.

The problem though is that this is the way the industry seems to be going. Sony stayed quiet(which was smart) but even they said it was the publishers decision. So lets wait and see how this all plays out before we grab the pitchforks.=)

We already know Microsoft's plans. So there is every reason for people to bitch. If Sony announces the same or similar, then I expect people to bitch about them too.

Who knows, maybe all this bitching will force some changes BEFORE launch.

SkareKro

I've been around since '99 (lurking mainly), and I don't remember shit being this crazy. Maybe im just getting old forgetting stuff.

xJavonta

Banned
Replace 'hate' with 'MS defending' and you get a more accurate statement.

Not at all. It's not so much defending MS as it is conducting themselves as adults and not as an internet troll.

Continue with your oh-so healthy discussion about the XOne though. I'm sure the jokes and gifs will bring light to some great talking points.

I'm pretty sure most people on these forums already hated Microsoft before the Xbone event. All of this is just more of the same.
I thought that the Xbox was overrated but it had Halo and XBL.

The 360 was my favorite console on this gen.

So you lose, sir. Good day.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Why not just rename this forum to PS4U

It's really getting pathetic

Agreed. The trolling and thread shitting is out of control. I've tried to go into threads like "Name something you like about the XB1" to have positive and constructive conversations and it's full of trolls. The mods have lost control of this place or just don't give a fuck.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I've been around since '99 (lurking mainly), and I don't remember shit being this crazy. Maybe im just getting old forgetting stuff.
It's only crazier because of the amount of members now. The 360 trolling and hate was pretty similar in tone after MTV.

The Tribe has spoken.

xAILX0v.gif

I finally get to use that gif

Trolling is out of control and having a sensible discussion is out of the question as most people tend to ignore facts.

Hell, a mod even reopened the troll .gif/pic thread. Speaks volumes.

xJavonta

Banned
Agreed. The trolling and thread shitting is out of control. I've tried to go into threads like "Name something you like about the XB1" and it's full of trolls. The mods have lost control of this place or just don't give a fuck.

m0dus is the only mod I've seen not hopping aboard the train so far.

Rare occasions like this are when I start to read OCN again

Klocker

We already know Microsoft's plans. So there is every reason for people to bitch. If Sony announces the same or similar, then I expect people to bitch about them too.

we don't know their exact plans yet a lot to tell

premature as has been said already

Ra1den

There has never been such an abysmal console reveal like what we saw yesterday. That's why.

Agreed. The trolling and thread shitting is out of control. I've tried to go into threads like "Name something you like about the XB1" to have positive and constructive conversations and it's full of trolls. The mods have lost control of this place or just don't give a fuck.

Or maybe there is just nothing positive to say about the XBone?

No we don't, they've even said SEVERAL TIMES that they don't have anything locked down yet, which is why they're so cagey on answering anything definitively.

SkareKro

It's only crazier because of the amount of members now. The 360 trolling and hate was pretty similar in tone after MTV.
Yeah I remember Xbox1.5 and all that. If you truly are about great games, then you'll wait till the games are shown.If all they show at e3 is Kinect sports etc ,then u can jump on em all u want. I Don't care.

eastmen

Banned
The hate for the xbox makes me laugh.

1) It looks a lot better than the ps3 and xbox 360. IT actually fits right in with my high end components instead of looking like a kids toy.

2)The tv features seem great to me. Esp if they work with my media center. As it is now I have to switch over from tv to my xbox 360. If I could just be watching tv and get a notification from a friend to play a game and just click accept and i'm playing that's even better.

3) The situation with used games doesn't bother me. I only ever buy used if I can't find it new. Trading in games is a money sink for me

I'm waiting for e3 to see the games and if there is a reason to buy this. The games are truly what matter to me and if ms has more of the ones I like than the ps4 then I will buy it.

There has never been such an abysmal console reveal like what we saw yesterday. That's why.

The ps3 one was worse. $600 and oh get a second job.

The ps4 one is just as bad as this one to me. Way to long and no actual console shown .

MormaPope

Banned
By all means, speak your mind. I'm curious, though. You're quite literally writing the epitaph for the new machine A) not having seen any games, and B) when microsoft themselves are backpedaling about the policies you're lamenting.

There are plenty of threads already teeming with similar opinions that would LOVE your handy ballmer720.gif, yet we get a new one every hour or so.

Sorry. It reeks of childish melodrama at this point, and it serves no one. If you've been here for more than a month. By all means, continue.

I felt like doing a personal retrospective of how I felt being a Xbox and Xbox 360 owner. I listened to the details and all the explanations about some of the features for the Xbox One, being a 360 owner primarily gave me insight and perspective on the 360.

I explained in my OP that the current infrastructure negates any positives of new software being shown. Microsoft might've not explained the infrastructure correctly, but they have explained it nonetheless.

If I'm not breaking rules or doing anything malicious, that makes your aggressive comment about me wanting to get purposefully banned make me feel as if I can't speak my mind. I appreciate basic criticism more than back handed remarks.

Or maybe there is just nothing positive to say about the XBone?

Ridiculous. I thought the conference was a steaming pile of shit and could easily name several things I liked

Top Bottom