• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Xbox Live Gold paywall for F2P online games, does not negatively effect the Xbox userbase of those games

turtlepowa

Banned
I don't like long cutscenes too, and sometimes when i just want to play the game non-stop because it's really good, i would just like to skip all of them _ long or short. But what you say is just stupid _ so you never played a Resident Evil game, you never played a COD single player, you never played Assassins Creed, Metro, Bioshock _ I just could go on and on and on...
I have no problem with some cutscenes, but everything more than 2 hours in a game is too much for me. If i turn on my console/gaming pc i want to actually play, otherwise i turn on my tv or read a book. From your games i only played one Assassins Creed (Odyssey) and after some time i just quick read subtitles till i knew what do to and skipped everything, because it was just too much.

ANIMAL1975

I have no problem with some cutscenes, but everything more than 2 hours in a game is too much for me. If i turn on my console/gaming pc i want to actually play, otherwise i turn on my tv or read a book. From your games i only played one Assassins Creed (Odyssey) and after some time i just quick read subtitles till i knew what do to and skipped everything, because it was just too much.
So we have the same playing standards but what what you said is just wrong nonetheless _ every game has scripted shit/cutscenes in some degree, even RPGs or open worlds (unless you only play sport games or battle royal) so the jab at ps action/adventure exclusives being Netflix, or movie games, or other warring shitword, is just getting tiresome and lost its clever sarcasm long ago.

turtlepowa

Banned
So we have the same playing standards but what what you said is just wrong nonetheless _ every game has scripted shit/cutscenes in some degree, even RPGs or open worlds (unless you only play sport games or battle royal) so the jab at ps action/adventure exclusives being Netflix, or movie games, or other warring shitword, is just getting tiresome and lost its clever sarcasm long ago.
Look at youtube for "Sony game XY all cutscenes". Sony is over the top with it, some are really as long as (half) a Netflix series. Like i said, some story is fine, but if it's >2 hours, i'm out. I just read it on Wikipedia later.

Last edited:

ZywyPL

Banned
Obviously, people have XBL Gold already for all the MP games out there, it's hard for me to imagine a single person who plays Fortnite and Fortnie only. Besides, after a whole X360 with paid P2P online people on consoles are simply used to paying for online.

ANIMAL1975

Look at youtube for "Sony game XY all cutscenes". Sony is over the top with it, some are really as long as (half) a Netflix series. Like i said, some story is fine, but if it's >2 hours, i'm out. I just read it on Wikipedia later.
Bill Murray Ok GIF

phil_t98

#SonyToo
What the fock does that have to do with free to play games being behind the multiplayer pay wall?
It means the money that is being spent is put towards as more secure on,line service. Yeah i dont like paying for online gaming but if it Means my details are more secure then so be it

Top Bottom