• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher: Season 3 | Official Teaser

Adeptus

Well, for me she is OK. I have many issues with this show, but Yennefer apperance is not one of the. For me, issue was big amount of stupid non-canonical story threads focused on her in 2nd season.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I started watching season 3 but then I saw jenniffer and was already not interested anymore. For some reason I can't stand the way she looks in the show.
You mean Anya Chalotra, the actress playing Yennifer?

She is highly make-up dependent, I think. She SHOULD look pristine at almost all times as Yen was notoriously vain about her appearance, but they are lax about it in S3. Opposite for the Ciri actress, Freya Allen, who is often laboring under a TON of make-up or maybe even a digital filter, masking the poor actress and making her seem more bug eyed and TOO pristine for what ought to be a semi-feral nigh savage at this point. I don't think either actress really put in the physical work for the part, happy to be wrong if Ciri starts sporting abs and lats and Yen a toned belly.

Fools idol

Banned
the second half of the season better have a big rabbit to pull out of the hat if this show wants any hope of not getting axed lol

8bitpill

GrCJ4hR.jpg

jason10mm

Gold Member
To be fair they have been redding up her hair with each season.

But just stop with Triss, if you start comparing all the video game sorceress depictions with who they cast......prepare thyself for disappointment. There are a couple in there but not many.

For god's sake don't compare Fringella. WTF they are doing with her is bizarre.

8bitpill

To be fair they have been redding up her hair with each season.

But just stop with Triss, if you start comparing all the video game sorceress depictions with who they cast......prepare thyself for disappointment. There are a couple in there but not many.

For god's sake don't compare Fringella. WTF they are doing with her is bizarre.
The show is the poor mans version of The Witcher. A Polished turd to be forgotten.

Why would they even bother making her hair more red as it goes forward. They didn't care much for who they casted to play Triss. The actress is hollow and brings no emotion to the role. You could careless about Triss existing in the Netflix series.

The fact that Cavill is being changed just makes me not want to watch season 3. Why should I even bother since it's prolly getting cancelled. Fuck Netflix.

Wrapped up season 3. It was just awful. It was painful to watch. The writing is horrible. Even more blackwashing. Making Dandelion bi. Just fucking awful.
It looks like they went all in for the third season.

As a big witcher fan, I started to watch the first episodes of the first season. Couldn't stand it. At least I didn't pay a netflix sub to watch the first episodes. Long live torrent

Valedix

Wrapped up season 3. It was just awful. It was painful to watch. The writing is horrible. Even more blackwashing. Making Dandelion bi. Just fucking awful.
Such a shame I really enjoyed season 1, never got around to season 2 but since Henry is no longer in it I see no point anyway.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I enjoy the books and games and season 1 was ok. As a viewer, I hoped they would improve it.

Henry was in seasons 1 to 3. I think he is out for 4. I a guessing 4 will be last season.
S1 had some great moments, the semi-episodic nature of at least Geralts story helped a lot. The most continuous flow of S2 and 3, with its over focus on Ciri and Yenn, neglecting Geralt, plus the pointless set up for that disasterous prequel series in S2, was the end. S1 is worth watching I think. But S2-3, even if S3 improved a little, is all for nothing as S4, if it even airs, is HIGHLY likely to be an absolute trainwreck as now you are gonna have a TON of Ciri stuff (and that actress just isn't up to the challenge), a very muddled Yenn storyline at this point which means these writers making shit up for her, and what will almost inevitably be a HUGE step down in Geralt with Liam whom I don't think has ever impressed me with a threatening look. Fringella is WTF, no way she ends up where she is supposed to be (book wise), and I've little hope they can make a new ensemble team for Geralt.

Quite frankly they should just skip to the finale ASAP by powering Ciri through her adventures as quickly as humanly possible, because Geralt wandering the wilderness looking for her is gonna be intolerable. The political aspects of the books have been very poorly handled on the show and thats what we are headed into.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
The DEI, ESG, Sweet Baby Incorporated crap just keeps getting worse. I guess it must be selling because the entertainment industry just keeps pushing it more and more it seems nowadays.

Top Bottom