• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher: Season 3 | Official Teaser Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

This summer, everything changes. The Witcher Season 3 begins on June 29th.

the-witcher.jpg
nz1109gef1wa1.jpg

Last edited:
Are fans of the games actually watching this? I heard one of those Hemsworth brothers is taking over and you know things are going to get much worse if that's the case.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I liked the first two seasons and I’ve finished all three games. I own the books, but I don’t know how to say they’re better. I like what I like about this series. The games are great and show shows real adult stuff. A win win.

Ok, let me rephrase: Read the books in polish, czech or spanish
I agree the books are superior to the TV show...but regardless from a narrative and writing perspective, the books aren't anything special. Andrej has a bad habit of over working and over writing many of the story's elements.

They don't come close to something like Game of Thrones or LOTR.

The games really elevated the Witcher's story/universe/world more than anything, Andrej even admitted it. The real heroes here are CDPR.

Books are OK, Games are badass, and at least season one of the TV show was good. Yennefer's character is so wishy washy and foolish, plus the ridiculous baddie. Absolutely rubbish writing for season 2. I will watch season 3, but won't watch any more after that.

MiguelItUp

I tried watching this and thought I liked it for a bit, until I stopped watching it, and never bothered to go back. As someone not familiar with the books, and only somewhat familiar with the games, I thought it was interesting enough. I just have a hard time keeping up with shows, especially multiple ones at once, lol.

Really curious how they're gonna approach the whole replacing Cavil thing, lol. It'll most certainly be hard to ignore for several reasons.

Last edited:

Rush2112

Banned
The fukin elves look like the casting crew drove through downtown LA, picked up a bunch of randoms, put fake ears on them and called it a day. Do they even know what the fuck elves are?

Last edited:

Braag

Season 2 was pretty bad. It was so detached from the books. And knowing Henry wont be in S4 I've lost what little interest I had.

Denton

The books honestly aren't that great either.
I obviously disagree, Witcher saga is my favourite fantasy, read all 7 books four times over the decades. Usually when new game is about to come out. To me they are perfect combination of humor and emotion plus badassery. Just like the games, incidentally.

Last edited:

Roufianos

Decent trailer.

I found the first two seasons ok, which is a bit of an underwhelming statement as I love the games (which have far superior writing).

Barely even worth getting invested in, as we all know it's gonna turn to even more shit after this. Do they really think the show can survive the recasting of a main character? Can't think of any big shows that have even tried this, outside of Dr Who, obviously.

Top Bottom