• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Stories of 2004...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Feel free to add to the list of what made 2004 2004 (and rank your top 10)

• Federal "Do Not Call" list

• The Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"/FCC crackdown on broadcast indecency

• The 2004 Presidential Election/Bush re-elected

• Controversy of "Fahrenheit 9/11," directed by Michael Moore

• Controversy of "The Passion of the Christ," directed by Mel Gibson

• Death: Ronald Reagan, 93

• The Ashlee Simpson "Lip-sync Jig"

• The on-going conflict in Iraq

• Death: Marlon Brando, 80

• The Abu Ghraib torture scandal

• The Dan Rather's "60 Minutes" debacle

• Death: Ray Charles, 73

• Britney Spears's 55-hour marriage to Jason Alexander

• Britney Spears flaunts new husband Kevin Federline

• Kobe Bryant's rape case

• NBA brawl: The Pacers vs. The Pistons vs. The Fans

• Martha Stewart goes to jail

• "Halo 2" mania!!

• Detroit Pistons win 2004 NBA Championship

• Death: Yasser Arafat, 75

• 2004's extremely active hurricane season (Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne)

• Same-sex marriage

• Death: Rodney Dangerfield, 82

• Madrid train blast

• The Boston Red Sox's World Series title

• Russian school massacre

• The Scott Peterson trial

• The Pledge of Allegiance's "Under God" issue

• Death: Julia Child, 91

• Death: Old Dirty Bastard a.k.a. O.D.B., 35

• Cicada invasion

• Transit of Venus

• Sky-high summer gas prices

• NASA rovers Spirit and Opportunity reach Mars

• Michael Jackson's indictment

• Death: "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott, 38

• Abortion issue

• Bill Clinton undergoes bypass surgery

• William Hung's God-awful rendition of "She Bangs"

• Stem-cell research

• Woman lies about Mega Millions lotto win

• 9/11 Commission; findings

• Death: Christopher Reeve, 52

• The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ad campaign

• Dick Cheney tells Senator Patrick Leahy, "Go fuck yourself."

• The Bush cabinet shuffle

• Ten Commandments controversy

• The on-going Israeli-Palestinian conflict

• U.N. oil-for-food scandal

• "Terri's Law" (The Terri Schiavo controversy)

• Teen queens turn 18! (Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen, Lindsay Lohan, and Amanda Bynes)

• Tom Brokaw steps down from NBC's "Nightly News"

• Dan Rather to step down as CBS anchor

• Ukraine election controversy

• Intelligence reform

• Iraq beheadings

• Sumatra earthquake

Here's my top 10 ranked list:

1. The 2004 Presidential Election/Bush re-elected
2. The on-going conflict in Iraq
3. Asian tsunami disaster
4. The Abu Ghraib torture scandal
5. Same-sex marriage
6. The Scott Peterson trial
7.The Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"/FCC crackdown on broadcast indecency
8. Sky-high summer gas prices/oil prices
9. 2004's extremely active hurricane season (Hurricane Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne)
10. Controversy of "Fahrenheit 9/11"

1. Bush Reelection
2. Yassir Arafat's Death
3. Ongoing conflict in Iraq
4. WATER THAT ISN'T WET
5. Evidence of water on mars.
6. The Scream was stolen ;_;

jenov4

WTF, Paris Hilton sex tape was this year? God, talk about media over exposure, I thought that shit happened in 2002.

MIMIC

Banned
Greenpanda said:
You've got room for cicadas, Britney Spears, and the lotto, but not for the Ukrainian elections?

I don't know how that one slipped. :p

And I took down the Paris Hilton one...I forgot that it came out in 2003. People talk about her so much that I thought it was this year.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Guys, Im sorry, this thread is going to have to be shut down. It turns out EA actually bought exclusive rights to the 'best stories of 2004' property, and this thread is dangerously close to a violation of copyrights.

GamerDiva

Banned
For me it's coming to the Gaming Age Forums and being called an attention whore by a skinny anorexic 13 year old girl whose made a hundred topics including one on masturbation, and posted dozens of pictures of her scrawny self, all things that an attention whore would do. :lol :)

MIMIC said:
• Britney Spears's 55-hour marriage to Jason Alexander

george-seinfeld-on-couch.jpg

"A very good year, indeed."

mrmyth

GamerDiva said:
For me it's coming to the Gaming Age Forums and being called an attention whore by a skinny anorexic 13 year old girl whose made a hundred topics including one on masturbation, and posted dozens of pictures of her scrawny self, all things that an attention whore would do. :lol :)

catfight.jpg

I have cystic fibrosis you fucking insensitive monster. It's hard for me to be a fat bitch like you because I have a medical condition that prohibits me from being a fat, disgusting slob like yourself.

I hate you, you're not even my real mom.

I believe GamerDiva to be some OAers joke character.

For one, I've not posted dozons of pictures of myself here on GA.

Number 2, how new are you? You seem to know a few things about my posting history. Either you've been here for a while in one form or another or you're a filthy stalker and I wish you would stop stalking me.

fart

Savant
we only have room for one case of cystic fibrosis here, lemurs.

you know what this means, guys.

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES.

impirius

The biggest and most surprising news is that certain online gaming websites overrate certain games.

And it'll be interesting to see who's behind GamerDiva when the big reveal comes.

s_vince.jpg

"It was me, Lemurs! It was me all along!"

fart said:
we only have room for one case of cystic fibrosis here, lemurs.

you know what this means, guys.

TWO MEN ENTER, ONE MAN LEAVES.

ONE MAN LEAVES, ONE WOMAN LEAVES.

WE ALL HOLD HANDS UNDER A RAINBOW OF TOLERANCE.

MIMIC

Banned
Another major story makes the list: the Sumatra earthquake (can't rank it since it's so late in the year...who knows how long this story will make headlines).

GamerDiva

Banned
Lemurnator said:
Number 2, how new are you? You seem to know a few things about my posting history. Either you've been here for a while in one form or another or you're a filthy stalker and I wish you would stop stalking me.

Oh get off of your high horse little girl. Just remember that you attacked me first for no reason so quit playing the victim and innocent card. And it's quite simple:

"Find all posts by Lemurnator" and "Find all threads started by Lemurnator"

P.S. Your topics are just atrocious! :) :lol :)

cvxfreak

1. 2004 election
2. Iraq War
3. Sumatra earthquake
4. Various famous deaths (Reagan, Reeve...)
5. Clinton library in Little Rock (I wanna go!)

MIMIC

Banned
effzee said:
• Woman lies about Mega Millions lotto win

when was this? i need to know this one...link me!

A Cleveland woman has told police she picked the winning numbers for the $162 million Mega Millions lottery jackpot but lost the ticket before the drawing, according to a police report.
Lottery Post/AP

^^and people believed her.

An Ohio woman on Tuesday collected a $162 million Mega Millions lottery prize, saying the winning ticket was in her hands all along and had not been lost, as another woman had claimed.
Lottery Post/AP

^^real winner steps forward

A hospital worker came forward Tuesday and collected a $162 million lottery jackpot, and another woman who told authorities she bought the winning ticket but lost it has filed a lawsuit seeking to halt any payout to the winner.
Lottery Post

She later drops the suit and is charged with filing a false police report...cries on camera to try to conjure some sympathy. :lol

Kuroyume

Banned

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
George Bush being re-elected was the biggest story and the biggest joke of 2004. How many bribes did he make to get re-elected.

And gamerdiva, STOP STALKING LEMURNATOR!!!!111!:p :lol

GamerDiva said:
...damn, Canada and its denizens must be WAYYY more boring than previously thought.

Anyway:

1. Bush getting elected the first time. (Seriously, America, WHAT... THE... FUCK...)

2. Iraq

3. Sumatra. While it is a tragic situation, it has yet to overshadow the goings on in Iraq, as much as the current adminsistration would like it to.

MIMIC

Banned
The Black Stallion said:
3. Sumatra. While it is a tragic situation, it has yet to overshadow the goings on in Iraq, as much as the current adminsistration would like it to.

I mean coverage-wise. The vast majority of today's news coverage is devoted to the tsunamis. But Iraq is still #2 on my list because it was thoroughly and extensively covered throughout the year (and also because its importance goes without saying).

shuri

Banned
GamerDiva said:
Oh get off of your high horse little girl. Just remember that you attacked me first for no reason so quit playing the victim and innocent card. And it's quite simple:

"Find all posts by Lemurnator" and "Find all threads started by Lemurnator"

P.S. Your topics are just atrocious! :) :lol :)

Thing is, she's 13. You're 20+ years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom