• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man has accident, memory loss of 10 years, thinks he is in 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrkgoo

Theres other things that would beat them out quite easily, as far as an Australian/NZ is concerned is all I'm saying.

Meh, it was bigger news that Obama won than our NAtional Party during the election, which took place around the same time in 2008. Obviously the NZ election was more relevant and significant to our daily lives, but that isn't to say that other worldly affairs aren't important or noteworthy.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
The weird passive aggressive thing you're doing in this thread, HolyCheck, is kind of awkward.

This reminds me of an even wilder story of the Polish man who went into a coma under communism and woke up 19 years later to find the Cold War over.

"When I went into a coma there was only tea and vinegar in the shops, meat was rationed and huge petrol queues were everywhere," Grzebski told TVN24, describing his recollections of the communist system's economic collapse.

"Now I see people on the streets with cell phones and there are so many goods in the shops it makes my head spin."

Szu

He's going to be soooo pissed when he sees spiderman 3 again.

That explains everything...

spiderman356k.gif

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
poor guy doesn't even know Brad dumped Jennfier for Angelina. He's in for quite a shock when he finds out they're getting married #brangelina #breakingnews

IceCold

I wonder how clearly he remembers the events before 2002? Does it seem like yesterday to him?, because i feel like most people forget what they did even a year ago and mundane things like what you had for dinner the night before or what you last saw on tv quickly get forgotton. This might be a stupid question, But if in his head its like he woke up any other day except in 2002 and he remembers everything than is it possible the brain records everything we've ever done and just looses the links to those memories?

Yes. In the article it mentions how he remember an accident he had quite vividly in 2002 because to him it happened only a couple of weeks ago.

The brain is amazing.

FootballFan

Didn't noticed that the news source was from those places..... that explains a lot more

Yeah some people are missing that, it is from a New Zealand site, Sir Edmund Hillary is huge for kiwis. Anyway, that list seems like just a bunch of random stuff he doesn't remember, not the most important things he doesn't remember.

God, I can't even imagine what it would be like to wake up tomorrow 10 years older with a teenaged kid...a couple, in his case. Living in a different country. How awful.

That explains everything...

spiderman356k.gif

This is one of my very favorite gifs <3

Really? This story is from New Zealand, where Edmund Hillary is often regarded as the most important New Zealander of all time, it would be far more significant for a person there than the death of Whitney Houston.

Edit: More on topic, the list is pretty meaningless anyway, as personal events would be far more important to the guy.

Huh, would've thought Peter Jackson winning an oscar would've made the list too then.

Sounds terrible.

Imagine waking up and losing 10 years of your life. All of a sudden you're ten years older. That's basically how this guy feels.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Sounds terrible.

Imagine waking up and losing 10 years of your life. All of a sudden you're ten years older. That's basically how this guy feels.

It's going to be even weirder when one day he wakes up and his memories are restored. Apparently that's what happens. o_O

But all those awesome movies and videogames he can experience again :D

Tomorrow there is going to be a thread about this in the gaming side. "If you could write yourself a note to remember, what games would you like to play first (and what would you omit) if you could forget everything that happened in the last ten years"

Really? This story is from New Zealand, where Edmund Hillary is often regarded as the most important New Zealander of all time, it would be far more significant for a person there than the death of Whitney Houston.

Edit: More on topic, the list is pretty meaningless anyway, as personal events would be far more important to the guy.

He doesn't even remember ever living in New Zealand, why would he care?

Kinyou

Tomorrow there is going to be a thread about this in the gaming side. "If you could write yourself a note to remember, what games would you like to play first (and what would you omit) if you could forget everything that happened in the last ten years"
I think I know what my note would look like:

619exa.jpg

Antioch

He doesn't even remember ever living in New Zealand, why would he care?

I was talking more about why Hillary's death was on that list. But like I said the list is pretty meaningless anyway since personal stuff would be far more important to someone who forgot the last 10 years of his life.

And unless you lived in New Zealand you probably wouldn't know that.

A very close friend dadhit his head in a car accident and lost about 15 years of memories.

I was hangning out at their house for every day for about 15 years and knew this man well.

first time I saw him after the accident he didnt know who I was until I told him, and he was like wow you have grown big since last time I saw you... he remembered me still as a kid of 17 years old.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
oh man...imagine all the amazing television he gets to rewatch again!

IceCold

A very close friend dadhit his head in a car accident and lost about 15 years of memories.

I was hangning out at their house for every day for about 15 years and knew this man well.

first time I saw him after the accident he didnt know who I was until I told him, and he was like wow you have grown big since last time I saw you... he remembered me still as a kid of 17 years old.

Did he get his memory back?

loosus

Banned
How do you even explain this to someone? If this ever happens to me, I will be FREAKING OUT. I don't know if I could take it, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom