• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Power of the Sharp X68000

RAIDEN1

Lots of anti Amiga sentiment in this thread. Yes the x68000 was way better but who the hell(teenagers perspective) had 3 grand to spend on this vs ~£400 for an Amiga 500.

It's not just about technology but it's about price performance.
On top of that the Amiga was a computer(more favourable in europe), I spent only maybe 1/3rd of my time gaming on my Amiga 500, the rest was DPaint, and 3D rendering with Imagine with some other time on DTP, Wirdprocessing and creating vector clip art.

I realise the x68000 was also a computer but there's no English DTP/3D modeling and design/Wordprocessing/DTP software for it.

I would have absolutely loved on back in the day but realistically unless my family was a potential future candidate for NTV cribs it wasn't going to happen.
That's why I am saying that had it not been for the Sharp not coming to the west then the fight for Commodore may have been very different..but for some reason they decided not too.....

Top Bottom