• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The possible console PS5 Slim leaked? (Update: possible video)

dotnotbot

Those upper parts are glossy? Oh ffs, please be fake. Stop using this stupid cheap glossy plastic everywhere, it's hideous. If this is real then I think I'm gonna get fat model before it becomes extinct.

EDIT: I thought only upper parts are glossy (something like PS4 fat) cause they're covered with plastic wrap on the video, but looking closely it seems like whole white case is glossy? Look at the light reflection at the bottom.

ln4dn5P.png

Last edited:

Bry0

Those upper parts are glossy? Oh ffs, please be fake. Stop using this stupid cheap glossy plastic everywhere, it's hideous. If this is real then I think I'm gonna get fat model before it becomes extinct.

EDIT: I thought only upper parts are glossy (something like PS4 fat) cause they're covered with plastic wrap on the video, but looking closely it seems like whole white case is glossy? Look at the light reflection at the bottom.

ln4dn5P.png
Could just be a case made as a test of their tooling that’s missing the final finishing. Doesn’t necessarily mean the final product will be glossy.

Last edited:

RCU005

Regarding the video, If it’s supposed to have a detachable disc drive, then it seems like it is part of the cover now. The “black lines” might be there to give it a sense of symmetry between the front and the back, but there is no need. I wonder if the top parts detach at all.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I still can't believe someone at Sony thought they could get this off.

Are you kidding me? lol
It was a series of them. There was another version that had the black woman dominating the white woman. But yeah, art be wild, lol.
Wasn't one of them with the black lady standing over the white chick choking her out or something?

No one brings that one up though and honestly even if they went with just that one as an old white dude I have more stuff to worry about if this offends me or not

Mr.Phoenix

I called it, said the PS5 sim would look very similar to the current PS5. Where is my cookie?

This design, if this is real, doesn't surprise me. My only gripe is that this means no more faceplates.

I am not sure about this though, why does this case exist? It's not like phones where mock-ups of the device have to be sent to third parties for them to make cases and stuff.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It was a series of them. There was another version that had the black woman dominating the white woman. But yeah, art be wild, lol.
What did that one say? I can't make sense of the context of the opposite since the PSP was black at first.

Was the black PSP coming back for revenge?

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Wasn't one of them with the black lady standing over the white chick choking her out or something?

No one brings that one up though and honestly even if they went with just that one as an old white dude I have more stuff to worry about if this offends me or not
What did that one say? I can't make sense of the context of the opposite since the PSP was black at first.

Was the black PSP coming back for revenge?
It was done in the Netherlands in 06.
MDoKABa.jpg

hXx3Ost.jpg
8zPYmCt.jpg
t615OrD.jpg

Kind of a sexy ad, lol.

hinch7

Assuming that is real.. Not a fan of more glossy plastic used. Those scratches so easily and are generally a pia to keep clean and new looking. The two type C ports at the front is also a strange decision.

Alright for newer buyers I guess who don't like the size of the regular one otherwise seems like a cheaper, cut down model. Probably a tad more efficient too considering its size reduction and the recent rumors that it was doing away with liquid metal as its TIM.

Last edited:

damidu

its still extremely weird looking console with that drive attached,
wished they went with complete re-design honestly

ReBurn

Gold Member
I called it, said the PS5 sim would look very similar to the current PS5. Where is my cookie?

This design, if this is real, doesn't surprise me. My only gripe is that this means no more faceplates.

I am not sure about this though, why does this case exist? It's not like phones where mock-ups of the device have to be sent to third parties for them to make cases and stuff.
My main gripe is that if it's real then it looks like the drive won't work with the existing digital edition. I was thinking of getting the current digital version as a second system if they do a discount on it and getting an external drive to keep around in case I need it. I was also hoping it would be a bit slimmer.

I'm really on team "this is an elaborate 3-D printed fake" though.

DaGwaphics

My main gripe is that if it's real then it looks like the drive won't work with the existing digital edition. I was thinking of getting the current digital version as a second system if they do a discount on it and getting an external drive to keep around in case I need it. I was also hoping it would be a bit slimmer.

I'm really on team "this is an elaborate 3-D printed fake" though.

Yeah, I think someone is looking to pull a fast one on us. It's too early in the life-cycle to go with something that looks that cheap.

They don't go to that level of cheap plastic till you reach the super slim or 360e type stage, basically when you are down to just the stranglers. Even if somehow this user had an accurate schematic of the design to work from, I just don't think Sony is releasing it with plastics that look like that. They would have gone from a poor design to an even uglier design with really cheap looking plastics. And that's one thing you can't even complain about with the original, the plastics look to be good quality with the details of the PS button texture and all that.

#TeamFake

Edit: Although now that I'm thinking about it, if they've really gone for maximum reduced costs maybe this is $350/$400 for DE/Disk. I could maybe overlook it being an eyesore if I could get a good Ebay price on a used one of these down the road. The super slim ps3 still ran fine if I'm remembering correctly, I doubt they'd risk anything that could hurt the actual function.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

I don't know if it's real or not. But when they mentioned external or add-on CD drive, I was expecting a separate box, or something connected by a cable. It didn't even dawn on me they could incorporate the drive into the shell like this with a bay. Then sell it without the drive and make it really easy for casuals to pop the drive in. Also expand the NVME easily. It's actually pretty clever and probably what they wanted initially before 2 SKUS. I expect next generation to launch with this in mind.

This isn't as farfetched as the NX fakes, this one seems reasonably plausible and functional. I look forward to seeing who was right or wrong. If anything, it's just a refresh, not sure I'd call is slim.

It does look a lot smaller but that disc drive is ruining it. Good thing it’s detachable/optional because I will not be using it!! Once that’s ripped off and tossed in the trash then It’ll look even better.

Looking forward to the official reveal. I still think it’s the worst PS design ever but I might still get one. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Top Bottom