• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Joined a while ago but I keep forgetting to do this intro thing.
Hi there, my name has alot of "M"s in it so you can just call me M for short.
I'm from Zimbabwe (little country in Africa),
Been a gamer for decades,
& love the way this community is pretty much "think for yourself, say how you feel"
better than reddit IMO

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Joined a while ago but I keep forgetting to do this intro thing.
Hi there, my name has alot of "M"s in it so you can just call me M for short.
I'm from Zimbabwe (little country in Africa),
Been a gamer for decades,
& love the way this community is pretty much "think for yourself, say how you feel"
better than reddit IMO
Better than Reddit......we have set are bar very low.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Tiger Woods Lol GIF by NBC

DETACA

Banned
Welcome [MEMBER NAME], welcome to [FORUM NAME].

I hope you enjoy your time here. Remember to post in the [POPULAR THREAD TITLE] thread, and avoid [UNPOPULAR MEMBER NAME] at all costs.

Have fun.

woaaa, girl with brain. how brilliant! amazing sister!

Last edited:

mikeysdeli

Neo Member
Hello, I have just joined,

I haven't been on a forum in some time, maybe CAG or gamefaq was the last one.

I have generally enjoyed games from Capcom, Sega (Atlus), older consoles like Saturn, Dreamcast, Neo Geo Pocket and some of the more obscure JRPGS - however my favourite series is Shin Megami Tensei, with SMT II being my favourite.
I have enjoyed Team Ninja, Platinum and older Natsume games. More recently I have found Dotemu to be a good developer.

I play mostly on the Xbox Series X and Switch at the moment, patiently waiting Soul Hackers 2. I would like to buy a PS5 shortly as I have a large collection of PS4 games, my PS4 is now too loud to play frequently.
The most recent game I have finished is Ace Attorney on Switch and I am now playing Two Point Campus which is great.

Used to play fighting games, mostly Dead or Alive but I don't anymore as I no longer have the reflexes or patience to play against other users. Other fighting games I enjoy are King of Fighters series, Street Fighter Alpha and Fighting EX Layer.

Other than games I enjoy Gundam model kits and looking after my dog. It sounds like I don't go outside much but I live a fairly social life and will be married soon, thankfully.

I will be mostly replying to threads on the above subjects

I am not really interested in the current trends in 'indie' games, voxel graphics, platformers, rogue'anything', or inaccurate attempts of 'retro' bit style graphics. These are fine just not the market aimed at me, please enjoy them if you do. I do not own a PC and use a Macintosh machine most of the time unless I am working.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Hello, I have just joined,

I haven't been on a forum in some time, maybe CAG or gamefaq was the last one.

I have generally enjoyed games from Capcom, Sega (Atlus), older consoles like Saturn, Dreamcast, Neo Geo Pocket and some of the more obscure JRPGS - however my favourite series is Shin Megami Tensei, with SMT II being my favourite.
I have enjoyed Team Ninja, Platinum and older Natsume games. More recently I have found Dotemu to be a good developer.

I play mostly on the Xbox Series X and Switch at the moment, patiently waiting Soul Hackers 2. I would like to buy a PS5 shortly as I have a large collection of PS4 games, my PS4 is now too loud to play frequently.
The most recent game I have finished is Ace Attorney on Switch and I am now playing Two Point Campus which is great.

Used to play fighting games, mostly Dead or Alive but I don't anymore as I no longer have the reflexes or patience to play against other users. Other fighting games I enjoy are King of Fighters series, Street Fighter Alpha and Fighting EX Layer.

Other than games I enjoy Gundam model kits and looking after my dog. It sounds like I don't go outside much but I live a fairly social life and will be married soon, thankfully.

I will be mostly replying to threads on the above subjects

I am not really interested in the current trends in 'indie' games, voxel graphics, platformers, rogue'anything', or inaccurate attempts of 'retro' bit style graphics. These are fine just not the market aimed at me, please enjoy them if you do. I do not own a PC and use a Macintosh machine most of the time unless I am working.
Welcome. Do you own a deli?

I've been posting for a few days but guess I'll do this.

I registered in 2011 apparently but just found out. I'm into most nerd stuff except anime and wrestling. Glad to see no politics are allowed here because fuck that. I've seen it destroy my parents' minds and try to avoid it.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
How do you all insert screenshots/personal photos into your posts? I've been working on a data analysis that dives into GAF's engagement trends and want to share the findings in Off-Topic, but can't seem to get an image hosting site to pass the image through to my post.

Edit: Someone awesome told me that you just have to click the "+Image" button below the post text box. Myself, like many other people, assumed it would be in the top edit ribbon ABOVE the box, but it's not.

Last edited:

Hectodux

Neo Member
Hi everyone, long time lurker here (one year to be exact) will probably still be a lurker, since i am shy in online life as i am IRL.

One quick question: do i have to ask for a special permission to create a giveaway ?I have a code for shadow of mortal from amazon prime that i want to share with you guys.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Hey all!

Two quick questions:

1) Is there a way to see all the responses to a post? You know how when someone replies to another post you can see the original post in their reply? Can you do it the other way where you view all the comments to that reply?
2) Is there a better place to ask NEOGAF navigation/end-user questions like this?

Thanks!

FeralEcho

Hi everyone.Been lurking GAF for like 10 years and finally have an approved account now.

I'm from Romania,been a gamer since the Genesis days and I love this dam site and all you beautiful people in it.You made all those past E3's so damn enjoyable so thank you.

Anyway I own a PS5,Series S and a Switch so you'll see me in alot of threads.

Also thanks to the mod team for approving my account and to EvilLore for keeping NeoGaf a place where people aren't censored for their beliefs or thoughts on a subject as opposed to some other garbage purple place.

You guys rock!See You Around!

Hello I’m Jonniejiggles, this is a nickname I’ve used all over since it was given to me while working at McDonald’s as a teenager.

I’m old enough that I did lay away to buy the NES with my paper route money.

I used to lurk here a lot many years ago but lost interest after the big shake up, rediscovered this place recently.

These days I mostly play whatever games my kids have on the go as life is busy.

That’s what she

Neo Member
Hi there, as long time lurker here and finally made an Account (tbh mostly to have the dark theme saved by default 😂). I used to read Neogaf mostly during the PS3 area and had then at one point stopped following it. What brought me back was the speculation thread about the new (now current) gen consoles which was legendary imho (I miss it really somehow 😄)

Now Neogaf is back as my Number 1 source to keep me up to date what’s happening around the business. I don’t play that much as I used to, but still enjoy and looking forward to the heavy hitters like GoW and whatever Kojima is doing next.

Since English us not my native tongue I am not sure if I post often, but I think this at least a good opportunity to thank the site owners and the community for the hours of entertainment throughout the years that I had reading this site (it may sound more cringe that it’s meant to be, but don’t kno to say it better).

Famipan

Hi there! I'm Famipan and I like Jack Baker from RE7 (it's his Japanese nickname, although I'm no "family puncher" myself).

I own a digital PS5 which I cannot afford PS5-games for so I see this as an opportunity to start a crusade against my neverending backlog. So far I'm very content with the satisfaction from finishing old indie gems and these days I have almost no time or concentration for playing through any game that is longer than 10 hours.

I also prefer the DualShock4 over the DualSense and I'm eagerly waiting for Sony to get their stuff together and release a proper DualSense that is smaller, lighter and has a proper non-mushy D-pad and no gimmicky tickling haptic feedback. I just prefer the simple low frequent vibration that the DualShock3 and 4 had.

I have been browsing the other forum a lot but prefer NeoGaf where I can discuss things in honest.

ShinyMan

Neo Member
After god knows how long, my account was finally approved!

Hey guys! I've known about this site and lurked around it for a really long time now, and I decided I wanted to create an account to interact with the community. Glad to finally be a part of it :messenger_grinning:

Hello! Jack Package, long time reader of many years who finally realised he could get an account!
Super Mario Bros was my first game, so I've a soft spot for Nintendo, but I have all sorts of consoles (and a PC), very much platform agnostic. Late 30s, a bit jaded by modern gaming to the point I've recently started getting into shmups and despite being horrible at them, enjoy myself!

I've written a couple of things as a fan for the odd site like Digitiser and Botchamania, perform stand up, and work full time for a soulless corporation. Fortunately I work from home, which helps my conscience a lot.
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Top Bottom