• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF "Introduce Yourself" Thread

Star-Lord

Hi
I love gaming on pc i do this to keep myself busy when am less busy
hi everybody, I've been reading neogaf off and on for a very long time, but finally decided to make an account. I game mostly on PlayStation, but do have a crappy PC. I live in central Canada on the prairies. I am also a disabled gamer with a condition called spinal muscular atrophy.
Hey everyone, finally got accepted!
Welcome one and all, enjoy your stay and remember to please respect the rules.

Hope to see you around!

Krathoon

Quite frankly, I have found NeoGaf to be way more supportive than the Penny Arcade forums.
You can post a thread about a particular video game series and lots of people participate.
Not so much on the Penny Arcade forum.

Crayon

I bought this crusty old account from Crayon for $2.00. I am currently wracked with buyers remorse.

I just thought I would check in the other day because I was thinking about some members I missed. Some are still here, which is nice. I noticed the forum looks a little more like it did 15 years ago. Refreshing, to say the least.

So hello, old and new.

John Marston

GAF's very own treasure goblin
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Welcome HOME everyone you made it!

Don't forget to eventually post in "Pics that make you laugh" so EviLore can judge if you're worthy.

Hohenheim

Hi!

Longtime lurker here. Been enjoying the forums here and have discovered lots of great games by lurking in the shadows. Basically using this forum for all my gaming news and info, along with a few podcasts. (ACG, Sacred symbols and Xbox two)

Recently finished Ghostwire Tokyo (great!) and Hyper Echlon (amazing!) Currently playing The Quarry with my girlfriend, and trying to finish my all solo ng+ in Elden Ring when she falls asleep.
Enjoying my PS5, Series X and Switch. The only time I use my computer for gaming is when I have my yearly addiction-period with the latest FM.

Besides gaming I love movies and books (mostly horror and sci-fi) and making music. Also a big anime fan.
My favourite movies are either Antichrist or Wild at Heart.
My favourite band is probably King Crimson.

The first game I owned was Turtles 2: the arcade game on NES, which probably helped shape my interest in gaming from a early age. Nowadays I enjoy stuff from most genres. indies, AA and triple A's.

My most played games this year is Elden Ring and The Binding of Isaac (after the latest dlc stuff).

Glad to be here!

NeoGaming

Neo Member
sup i'm omega_zero_zx i just moved from gbatemp and that chat they have is toxic as hell
anyways i mostly play friday night funkin and ddlc work on 3ds homebrew and play a bit of the megaman game series.
i also watch a lot of old school beyblade and beyblade burst db.

Kev Kev

In essence, I don't care and neither should you.
200.gif

NeoGaming

Neo Member
sup i'm omega_zero_zx i just moved from gbatemp and that chat they have is toxic as hell
anyways i mostly play friday night funkin and ddlc work on 3ds homebrew and play a bit of the megaman game series.
i also watch a lot of old school beyblade and beyblade burst db.
also can someone show me to the 3ds homebrew forums.

jasiEL

Neo Member
Ello ello, my name is jasiel
I'm actually here on a quest in search of a mysterious game played long long ago when I was just a wee Lil lad. I was told that this is the place where I could tap into the deep treasure trove of gaming knowledge to help unlock this mystery that has for the longest time plagued me and the minds of those that played it...heres hoping someone in here may have come across or perhaps even played this game also.

Aaaanywho, cheers for accepting me and I look forward to interacting with everyone.
Thanks.

Lystic

Neo Member
Well hello there.
I'm someone who loves games. Board games, card games, video games. I like thinking about game design. I have tried designing some games. But mostly I enjoy playing games.
Avid fan of Android: Netrunner, Flesh and Blood, WARS, Arkham Horror LCG, Mission: Red Planet, Skull King, and Dune: Imperium. Been dabbling in Gloomhaven Jaws of the Lion, Keyforge and Sorcery TCG. Looking to get a Crokinole board this year.
I love almost all kinds of video games aside from realistic sports titles and realistic racing games (though I've had fun with Dirt Rally 2.0) My favorites are the main Zelda games, Chrono Trigger, Populous: The Beginning, Dungeon Keeper, Company of Heroes though I'm bad at it.
Most run of the mill games bore me easily, I greatly value novelty and I love finding games that are overlooked gems.

And I'm basically just here to see what's up. Haven't had a place to talk about games for a while so... I don't have big plans or anything. Oh and I have an energy problem so, you're not going to see me be very active. Guess that's that.

Last edited:

Zero_Karisma

Neo Member
Hello gamers! New guy here.

Started visiting Neo a few months before the new generation of consoles launched in 2020. I enjoyed the educated speculations as much as the mob fan boys knowledge of what to expect with these new systems.

Started gaming with my dads Atari and then quickly moved into the NES in the late 80s. Moved into the SNES and Genesis with the next generation. Had a N64 but PS1 quickly became the dominate platform for that generation. I respect Nintendo but have fallen out of that ecosystem. Tried to get into Microsoft with their first system and the 360. Loved old school Halo!

Now a days only have time for one ecosystem. Been playing Returnal and Stay.

Love the new subscription service. Add some older first party titles and some new indie games every once in awhile and I’m happy with the service. (Please make Little Devil Inside one such title)

Still waiting for what I’d call a “next gen experience”

thuthu

Neo Member
Hi members, both new and old. ;)

We've set this imaginatively titled thread up as a friendly, welcoming space for people to just say "Hi" and maybe share a few words about themselves. This was my introduction from the thread we created for staff members, it doesn't need to be anything of that size though, anything would be great.

Maybe tell us what sort of games you like, what games your looking forward to, what non-gaming things you're interested in and maybe even a little bit about your choice of avatar.

REMINDER: THE DEFAULT AVATARS WILL BE REMOVED SHORTLY SO YOU'LL NEED TO UPLOAD ONE VIA YOUR ACCOUNT AT THE VERY TOP OF THE PAGE OR REQUEST A CUSTOM AVATAR HERE - Official NeoGAF Avatar Request Thread (work in progress)
We actually have several hundred brand new members that have just been joined up (Neophytes), I've added a few links below so that newer members can find their way to threads that may be of use to them.

------------------------------
BASIC MEMBERSHIP TYPES

There are three main types of membership on NeoGAF which I'll give a brief overview on below. You may also see other types of members in the community but these are the "standard" membership types.

Neophytes - The absolute newest of members.
  • Unable to create new threads. (Neophytes can now request to have a thread created on their behalf, follow this link for details.)
  • Unable to send messages using the NeoGAF messaging service. Able to receive messages though.
  • Unable to edit own posts after five minutes.
  • All posts are unpublished until a member of staff validates and publishes the posts.
  • Unable to enter NeoGAF Giveaways.

Neo Members - Have been seen to contribute positively to the forum.
  • Unable to create new threads.

Members - Have demonstrated a sustained positive contribution to the forum.
  • No member restrictions.

Although number of posts are also a factor in people moving from one type of membership to another, the reason we're not listing specifics is because it isn't solely based on that so somebody who has contributed positively could well be moved earlier than somebody with twice as many posts. Don't spam posts and expect to be moved earlier because it's very easy for the move to be delayed if we see that you're having a negative effect of the community.

Although being a full Member is permanent, in the general sense, it is possible for people to have rights removed if its deemed fit by the team. This would be unusual but it certainly isn't unheard of.

As some may already have noticed, we now have a Giveaways Tab at the top of the page, we're currently hosting our first giveaway and it's very much a work in progress but each individual giveaway can be set with a required minimum membership level rather than there being an overall requirement, so it's always worth checking there. Neophytes will not normally be able to enter though but as this one is a bit of test run for us, it is actually possible.

If you are a Neophyte and are wanting to contact staff for something and it isn't appropriate to use the Report Function (Reporting inappropriate posts) or the Error Reporting & Feedbackthread then you are able to do this using the Contact Us tab at the very bottom of the page or by using this email address - support@neogaf.com

Although you may find that you have more or less privileges than other members with different membership types, it doesn't mean that one type of member has authority over other members, it's not a rank and should never be treated as such.

------------------------------​

Welcome to all members and thank you all for your contributions here, there's been a lot of support from the community here recently and we all hope that the you will lead by example for the new people rather than just relying on us to tell people what to do.

giphy.gif

USEFULL THREADS

FEEL FREE TO USE THESE THREADS, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR.​

MOD NOTE - For your first post dont just put "Hi" or "Hey" or "Yo" or something. We get a lot of bots so to distinguish please make your first post at least a sentence to show you arent a robot. And we can learn more about you that way! Thank you.
hi grumpy

Top Bottom