• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered - Announcement Trailer (Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, PC)

Take charge of your tale in The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered!

The unique stories of 7 heroes springs to life as you explore the mystical land of Avalon and face unknown dangers along the way. Classic RPG gameplay has never felt more engaging with features such as battle formations, combat roles, and forging contracts to channel the power of elementals. An adventure unlike any other awaits you!

Coming Early 2024 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC!

Limited Edtion (PS5/PS4/Switch) up for preorder at the NIS America store with a standard edition most likely coming to retailers as well upon game release: https://store.nisamerica.com/products/the-legend-of-legacy-hd-remastered

LLHD_RP_NSW_ESRB_US_StorelLE3D_Transparent_3000x.png

Last edited:

saintjules

When I saw the artwork, I immediately knew people from SaGa were involved.

From wiki:

The Legend of Legacy was principally developed by Cattle Call, with game design by Grezzo and general supervision by Atlus. The staff included multiple industry veterans, many of whom had worked at Square on the Final Fantasy and SaGa series. From the SaGa series were designer Kyoji Koizumi, and promotional illustrator Tomomi Kobayashi. From the Final Fantasy series were art director Masayo Asano, character designer Ryo Hirao, and monster designer Yuichiro Kojima. Ryoji Shimogama, whose previous credits included the Resident Evil series and Parasite Eve 2, worked on monster designs with Kojima. The music was composed by Masashi Hamauzu, who had worked on both Unlimited Saga and Final Fantasy XIII. The script was written by Masato Kato, who had written the scripts for Chrono Trigger and its sequel Chrono Cross. The game was directed by Masataka Matsuura, who had previously worked on Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Labadal

I played the game on the 3DS. There's very little story, and gameplay is basically SaGa style.

It was nice to have during the barren wasteland that was SaGa releases, but it isn't as good, imo.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I remember hearing that this game needed some tweaks back when it came out on the 3DS, but I don't recall much beyond that. I do think I want to give it a shot, though - I really like FuRyu's brand of unapologetically old-school RPGs and the music is always fantastic.

Chastten

Banned
Oh man, I still have to pick up The Alliance Alive, but here's another game I'll have to pick up some time.

I was fully convinced I was gonna retire my good old Switch this year, but there are still at least 25 or so games coming in the next 12 months I wanna play. Weird, so late in a console's lifecycle. Usually I'm just picking up cheap older games at this point.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I imported this OST and Alliance Alive. Top tier music. The games are mediocre. Could be worth it for cheap but they are still charging a ton for Alliance Alive HD.

Sojiro

I played the game on the 3DS. There's very little story, and gameplay is basically SaGa style.

It was nice to have during the barren wasteland that was SaGa releases, but it isn't as good, imo.
My take as well. It was an alright game, I enjoyed my time with it, but it being a "not as good as a SaGa game" is a good way to put it for this game. It is nice they are doing a goodies package for it like they did the 3DS version though.

The land of Avalon is full of wonders and dangers. To prevail against the challenges ahead, you will need to gather your allies and muster your inner power! Awaken new skills in the middle of combat, harness the power of elementals in the form of Charms, and use Formations and Stances to give your party a strategic advantage before the battle starts.

The Legend of Legacy HD Remastered comes March 22, 2024 to Nintendo Switch, PS4, PS5, and PC!

Top Bottom