• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Remake Gameplay has leaked

Hugare

I'm buying this day one 'cause its one of my favorite games

But I dont know, man. I spent some time watching all the leaked cutscenes, and I feel way more emotional with the original ones

Maybe It's a case of uncanny valley or something, but that ranch scene, for example, I always get emotional on the original version, but didnt feel a thing on the new one

lachesis

I like Joel's new model, but he looks the same as the TLOU2, pretty much - a bit too old.
Tess got so old, she jumped from mid 30s to mid 50s it seems.
Sara looks like a real kid now.
Ellie looks way older than her age.

Some of the facial expression = better, but some are just way over the top. In certain cases I like the limited, sparse usage of such expression of the original.

So yeah... Mixed bag. But seeing the cut scene brings back all the memories. I am little bit more intrigued, but the game is not for me who've already played several times.
May just watch the cut scenes on the Youtube.

EruditeHobo

Looks like a significant graphical -- and more importantly, character performance -- improvement to me. Looking forward to TLOU2 AI applied to this game, which is one of the major issues IMO with the original.

People that were going to have an issue with a $70 price tag were never going to buy it anyways, no sense in undervaluing a product that the market will be very happy with at this MSRP.

Looking forward to it. Pre-ordered.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially

PS3 era game design with PS4 era style graphics look like:
lipstick_on_a_pig.jpg

I'm still buying it :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Top Bottom