• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us: Part II - State of Play announced 05/27 (1pm PT / 4pm ET / 9pm UK)

Matsuchezz

I think too that all these series of videos are unnecessary we just need the game to be released and be enjoyed, hated or whatever reaction it will get from people. June 19th cannot come soon enough!

mortal

Gold Member
I think too that all these series of videos are unnecessary we just need the game to be released and be enjoyed, hated or whatever reaction it will get from people. June 19th cannot come soon enough!
It's not unnecessary, it's just marketing for the game. Saturating the buzz before launch. Regardless you still have to wait till June 19th anyway.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
They're going over details, right?

The trailer from September 2019 showed runners crawling on the floor. I bet we can shoot their limbs similar to Resident Evil 2 Remake.

THEAP99

Banned
Hopefully what they show is on a current build and not the old one from September.

anyways, it must be tough marketing during a pandemic. Nice that they are only showing 8 minutes of new footage and not the whole thing.

Any new words on review copies or embargo? Review copies are out apparently, I just wonder when the embargo would be. Probably sooner than later (within the next two weeks) as these copies are sent out early, and the glowing reviews can only help the game.

pixelation

Hopefully they address the spoilers and let us know that it was all a big joke... I hope because if the spoilers are true then I won't be playing this game.

Any new words on review copies or embargo? Review copies are out apparently, I just wonder when the embargo would be. Probably sooner than later (within the next two weeks) as these copies are sent out early, and the glowing reviews can only help the game.

What is the typical review embargo time period? week of release?

They really need to stop talking about GoT and TLOU 2 for fucks sake. People who want to play or are interested in those 2 games will already be buying it anyway. Just start showing the PS5 stuff. But no, let's milk this crap. Good idea.

-Arcadia-

Banned
They really need to stop talking about GoT and TLOU 2 for fucks sake. People who want to play or are interested in those 2 games will already be buying it anyway. Just start showing the PS5 stuff. But no, let's milk this crap. Good idea.

Showing that great, exclusive gaming is on your platforms, especially this late in the game, is not a bad idea.

It creates the subconscious expectations of good first party things to come for PS5.

MrS

Banned
Hope this is not another delay announcement
The game has gone gold. They can't delay it again. I think sales numbers might be lower than they projected and this is just an attempt to try to sway some people who are still on the fence/upset by the leaks.

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Showing that great, exclusive gaming is on your platforms, especially this late in the game, is not a bad idea.

It creates the subconscious expectations of good first party things to come for PS5.
Yep, this is Sony's strategy they give compelling games leading all the way up into the next console launch and that last year is filled with great games too 🔥

Last edited:

GOT was badly in need of an event like that, we had seen very little gameplay. TLOU2 showing may be a consequence of the GOT thing doing well.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
people are at home hungry for new content. It's a smart marketing strategy. Why not put your game out there? We've still seen so little of actual gameplay. Infected gameplay would be nice to see.

Matsuchezz

It's not unnecessary, it's just marketing for the game. Saturating the buzz before launch. Regardless you still have to wait till June 19th anyway.
I understand it is marketing. The game is sold to me. I will try not to watch it. It is fine I do not want to spoil it watching all these videos.

GymWolf

From a gaming perspective, two things worry me. I'm a stealth player and a couple of things have been said that suggest it may not be the experience I like. The dogs bother me in that they follow scent so going out of line of sight is no longer an option; at least not a long term strategy. Secondly, although they've added climbing and crawling, they've also adjusted the AI to begin looking in those places you could be hiding. I fear that we'll be forced into constantly moving or eventually into direct combat. I like to hide and watch, planning my approach, and then execute on my plan. The thrill is to have gotten it perfect. If that possibility is stymied by the dogs or better AI then I'm not going to enjoy TLOU2.
Shoot an arrow to the head of the dog, problem solved.
They introduced pistol with silencers, so even without a bow you can put the doggos away and continue your plan execution.

And better ia during stealth is a gift from the sky, the stealth ia in the first game was retarded as fuck, i hope for a severe upgrade of the ia, it's not funny to stealtly kill 20 men if they are reterded idiots...

Last edited:

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Shoot an arrow to the head of the dog, problem solved.
They introduced pistol with silencers, so even without a bow you can put the doggos away and continue your plan execution.

And better ia during stealth is a gift from the sky, the stealth ia in the first game was retarded as fuck, i hope for a severe upgrade of the ia, it's not funny to stealtly kill 20 men if they are reterded idiots...

Do you think the dog will be alone? Every dog will have an owner and as soon as the dog is killed, the immediate area will be alerted, meaning any plans you'd worked through would go out of the window. That also appears to apply to people too. It's the reason I didn't like Farcry 5.

GymWolf

Do you think the dog will be alone? Every dog will have an owner and as soon as the dog is killed, the immediate area will be alerted, meaning any plans you'd worked through would go out of the window. That also appears to apply to people too. It's the reason I didn't like Farcry 5.
Well you can kill the dogs and then wait for the alert state to finish so you can kill all the humans the way you want.
I'm thrilled by the concept of dogs that force you to move around without staying still behind a cover during stealth.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Well you can kill the dogs and then wait for the alert state to finish so you can kill all the humans the way you want.
I'm thrilled by the concept of dogs that force you to move around without staying still behind a cover during stealth.

I HATE this concept "only" because that's LITERALLY how I played the first game the whole time. I have no idea how I can beat this 2nd game if I have to keep moving.

GymWolf

I HATE this concept "only" because that's LITERALLY how I played the first game the whole time. I have no idea how I can beat this 2nd game if I have to keep moving.
i mean, there is still the easy mode if you think the game can be too much to handle...

and tbh, i don't think that every enemy encounter i'ts gonna have dogs in it.

Same here I think I'm on my 8th playthrough 🤣
I thought I was crazy, but some of you should be classified as maniacs hahaha. I played through Final Fantasy VII Remake 6 times, but that is nothing because the game is short if you speedrun through it after not needing to explore for materia or side-quests.

Strategize

Outside of the gameplay sequence, I have no idea what this is gonna be. Just Neil talking about shit we already know about? Feels kinda pointless.

The difference between this and the Ghosts one, is that we still had tons of questions about Ghosts. Compared to this where we know what to expect gameplay wise.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Is that really bad thing? I actually like the fact you have to keep moving, it makes more exciting.

Outside of the gameplay sequence, I have no idea what this is gonna be. Just Neil talking about shit we already know about?
We`ll probably hear and see gameplay already presented from E3 and other events, then we`ll get 3 to 5 minutes of new footage. Naughty Dog is not showing because they don`t want to repeat the mistake of Uncharted 3 where they showed too much.

Last edited:

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I thought I was crazy, but some of you should be classified as maniacs hahaha. I played through Final Fantasy VII Remake 6 times, but that is nothing because the game is short if you speedrun through it after not needing to explore for materia or side-quests.
Lol Yeah I tend to play through games I really like a lot of times

Top Bottom