• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Part 2 Animator Leaves Naughty Dog.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Jonathan Cooper, who was an animator at Naughty Dog, recently announced on Twitter that he has left the studio. His LinkedIn profile actually shows that he left last month- a look at his profile also shows that he’s been involved in all of Naughty Dog’s recent major stuff. After working on Uncharted 4, he then moved on to Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, before working on The Last of Us Part 2 for over two years.

Completely unaware what his substantive contributions to those projects were, but the animation in each of those games is top grade and it doesn’t hurt to have a stint at ND on your resume.

All the best mate.

Ryu Kaiba

Turns out animating dykes scissoring isn't as easy as it is masturbating to it.

qV1kNWV.gif

Justin9mm

I assume that part of the development is done, he may of been made redundant as he is one of a few animators that are no longer required although considering his tenure, it's probably that he left on his own terms once he had finished his role as in doing the nice thing and not leaving them high and dry. I would say from now until release its probably just all mostly polish and bug fixing. With a game this size there is probably a lot of work in regard to those two things.

EDit: After release I'd love to see a small doco type vid of their development in the studio during that time and issues they had and showing some of the things and how they did it. I saw that one for God of War with Corey Barlog and a couple other leads, I find that stuff really interesting.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Not exactly sure how this is considered news. Artists and animators in the industry move around all the time. Might as well make a thread for every single instance.
The man makes a personal life update on his twitter and some gaming media outlet picks it up as "news" lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom