• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us 2 Factions multiplayer gameplay footage leaks online

Bryank75

Banned

Video taken down

The footage confirms a number of things about Naughty Dog's upcoming title, which was originally meant to be packaged with the main game, but spun off into its own standalone project after the studio realised how ambitious it was becoming.

Though it's blurry, you can see users playing as multiple avatars from the campaign, including what appears to be Mel, while another can be spotted firing a bow and arrow as two players duke it out with knives.

It's unclear how this footage has landed online, and whether it has leaked via the same method as the original Last of Us 2 hack, which published hours of campaign footage ahead of the sequel's release earlier this year.

What's also uncertain is when exactly Naughty Dog plans to announce and launch its multiplayer title. With the PS5 scheduled for release this Holiday, and a State of Play expected later today, it's very possible we'll be hearing an official announcement soon, and we'll keep you informed here on GamesRadar+ as soon as we learn anything more

Last edited:

saintjules

og51JU8.jpg

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
This is taking so long. I always thought this was gonna come soon after launch of the campaign. I keep forgetting about it.
maybe since Sony is not doing E3 they will make their own conference and show it? They been very quiet.

why compete for the attention on E3 news when after that you can do a event and have all the attention?

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
June 19th will be the one year anniversary and E3 Digital event takes place Jun 12th - June 15th.

Maybe they'll have their own State of Play the following week.

kyliethicc

I didn't expect this thread to come back to life.

When are we guessing this will hit? Early summer next year?
You too can play the last of us factions...exclusively on ps5 in the last of us part 2 remastered for 69.99...no free upgrades
I think they left it way too late personally. Will probably include it with that last of us 1 remake now I guess.
TLOU was June 2013, TLOU remastered was July 2014. Uncharted 4 was May 2016, Uncharted Lost Legacy August 2017. TLOUPt2 was June 2020, so my guess is around August-September (Covid probably pushed it back a bit, maybe from June/July-ish.) September 26th is "last of us day" when they do some announcements each year, so maybe the game will ship around then.

I suspect they'll sell it for $50 (like Morales Morales) with free PS5 upgrade, cross play, etc. The multiplayer will definitely be cross-gen. Could it be free or only like $20? Sure, but I kinda doubt it. Maybe PS Plus at some point. I also doubt the remake of Part 1 will come out this year. They may want to bundle Part 1 remake with Part 2 on PS5 for a collection, but who knows.

Sony is probably gonna have some big hour long stream around E3 for all their various upcoming announcements. My guess is right before or after Ratchet ships, just like last year's showcase.

Last edited:

TimFL

thanks for the bump I almost got a heart attack
Me too. The title implied that the MP wait we‘re going through is absolutely not justified if they do a barebones TLOU1 arcade style MP mode.

This has been so long in development, if it‘s anything other than a Red Dead Online style sandbox MP, it‘ll totally be dead on arrival.

kyliethicc

Me too. The title implied that the MP wait we‘re going through is absolutely not justified if they do a barebones TLOU1 arcade style MP mode.

This has been so long in development, if it‘s anything other than a Red Dead Online style sandbox MP, it‘ll totally be dead on arrival.
I think it'll have

1 - similar PvP (or PvPvE) deathmatch mode, like TLOU and Uncharted mp
(this is what the leaked footage showed, 4v4 etc)

2 - some kinda 2/4 player co-op PvE mode, sorta like what Ghost of Tsushima Legends

I doubt it would be anything like GTA / RDR online. But who knows.

TimFL

I think it'll have

1 - similar PvP (or PvPvE) deathmatch mode, like TLOU and Uncharted mp
(this is what the leaked footage showed, 4v4 etc)

2 - some kinda 2/4 player co-op PvE mode, sorta like what Ghost of Tsushima Legends

I doubt it would be anything like GTA / RDR online. But who knows.
The bare minimum I want them to do is Nr. 2 in that Downtown map. The map is already there, it's rather huge and so detailed but massively underused in the game. They could easily turn that into a PvE survival map where you and friends try to survive with a few RP mechanics (e.g. thirst/hunger/looting).

Ever since the first TLOU I wanted them to do a MMORGP, a proper DayZ. The market is flooded with cheap zombie MMORGP / Online games but none are of any real quality.

kyliethicc

The bare minimum I want them to do is Nr. 2 in that Downtown map. The map is already there, it's rather huge and so detailed but massively underused in the game. They could easily turn that into a PvE survival map where you and friends try to survive with a few RP mechanics (e.g. thirst/hunger/looting).

Ever since the first TLOU I wanted them to do a MMORGP, a proper DayZ. The market is flooded with cheap zombie MMORGP / Online games but none are of any real quality.
I get that, could be very fun. Troy Baker himself said he wants them to make a big co-op online open world game to just go around and hunt clickers with friends. I just can't see them making a Destiny or The Division, style huge shared world game. Or a battle royale.

I think it will have at least some mode (that maybe gets added post launch) that is only on PS5, maybe that wouldn't run on the PS4.

I'd like them to make PvPvE team deathmatch in Seattle, 4v4 Wolves vs Scars.. but with infected NPCs in the map too. Could be a fun twist.

Another idea would be an asymmetrical mode inspired by the singleplayer. 1 player is Ellie, the rest are Wolves. Maybe 1v7 or something in Hillcrest map. The Ellie player has to either kill all the Wolves or through a door to win, but with a time limit. The Wolf players just have to kill the lone player, or guard that door and wait for the time limit to end, to win. Give the Ellie player more weapons, ammo, skills, but give everyone else very little (for balancing.)

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Make it a massive open world factions Vs factions vs infected with controls points being the focus in order to take over Seattle bit by bit or as a previous poster mentioned make it a full on survival MMO aka DayZ done right (one can dream)

CloudNull

Banned
This thread has taken a turn.

I really enjoyed the original multiplayer in the last of us. It was a lot of fun for what it was. I hope they expand on it and nail the looting.

Reactions: Isa

SSfox

The way nothing has been shown about it make me feel they maybe planning on save it to sell it with TLOU1 Remake.

Top Bottom