• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The claws come out in exclusive new 'Logan' photos from Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/logan-exclusive-images-show-wolverine-x-23-claws/

AJnjwdi.jpg

VbmKjSp.jpg

Jackman and his returning director, James Mangold, describe their unconventional superhero movie as a Western crossed with a road movie. ”It's a darker version of Little Miss Sunshine, with the three of us on the road," Jackman told Empire, chuckling. ”Slightly more violence!"
UVokdnc.jpg

wJ9VjG1.jpg

Making a big impression in the film is the girl known only as Laura (Dafne Keen), aka X-23, seen in our exclusive pics with her claws out. In one intense scene, as Jackman recalled to us, Logan loses his temper at Laura. ”I just yelled, ‘SHUT THE FUCK UP!'" Jackman says. ”At the end of 40 minutes of this I went up to Maria, Dafne's mum, and I said, ‘Maria, I've got an 11-year-old and I'm just really sorry.' Maria said, ‘Aw, don't worry, she just called you a cunt. In Spanish.'"
Xavier needs claws. I feel like Patrick Stewart got left out. Poor guy.

Viewt

Did we always know that Laura's claws would be adamantium? In most of the footage they've shown thus far, they've always been covered with blood, so I couldn't tell if they were bone or not. These look too clean to be bone claws.

You'd think they wouldn't wanna coat a child's skeleton in metal, on account of her bones still growing...

guek

Banned
Did we always know that Laura's claws would be adamantium? In most of the footage they've shown thus far, they've always been covered with blood, so I couldn't tell if they were bone or not. These look too clean to be bone claws.

You'd think they wouldn't wanna coat a child's skeleton in metal, on account of her bones still growing...
In the comics, only her claws are coated

More importantly, where are muh feet claws

Sober

Making a big impression in the film is the girl known only as Laura (Dafne Keen), aka X-23, seen in our exclusive pics with her claws out. In one intense scene, as Jackman recalled to us, Logan loses his temper at Laura. “I just yelled, ‘SHUT THE FUCK UP!’” Jackman says. “At the end of 40 minutes of this I went up to Maria, Dafne’s mum, and I said, ‘Maria, I’ve got an 11-year-old and I’m just really sorry.’ Maria said, ‘Aw, don’t worry, she just called you a cunt. In Spanish.’”

lol amazing

How under-powered is Logan in this in comparison to the previous movies? The scene in the trailer where he's pinned to floor by the goons, would never have suspected that could happen.

//ARCANUM

How under-powered is Logan in this in comparison to the previous movies? The scene in the trailer where he's pinned to floor by the goons, would never have suspected that could happen.

Let's just say everything has story reasons (and really good ones), and this is the first comic book movie I've seen where the stakes feel real and tangible. Granted, it could fall apart in the 2nd and 3rd acts, but what I've seen is on the money.

neorej

ERMYGERD!

His healing factor has diminished, he's old, he's had a life of violence, he's mentally tired.

It's legit. And this is coming from a guy who is totally sick of comic book movies.
Let's just say everything has story reasons (and really good ones), and this is the first comic book movie I've seen where the stakes feel real and tangible. Granted, it could fall apart in the 2nd and 3rd acts, but what I've seen is on the money.

that's good to hear. genre has needed a huge shakeup for a long time now.

From someone that doesn't follow the comics, is this a standalone movie in another dimension / timeline? Or is it a direct sequel to a previous movie?

neorej

ERMYGERD!
From someone that doesn't follow the comics, is this a standalone movie in another dimension / timeline? Or is it a direct sequel to a previous movie?

According to Jackman, it's standalone. According to Mangold, it's part of the X-Men continuity, but set so far in the future that it isn't affected by the mainline X-men movies.

Personally, I consider both this and The Wolverine to be stand-alone spin-off movies, that are detached from the mainline X-Men movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom