• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Batman 2 delayed to October 2026 (Yes, that's a 6 at the end)

SJRB

Gold Member

lO7GYA2.png

Delayed from October 2025 to October 2026.

Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Probably more time so they can fit it into Gunns DCEU..

Reeves' Batman is its own thing outside Gunn's DC Universe. That will get its own Batman with Brave and the Bold, which is probably not happening until like 2028 at this rate.

Stitch

Gold Member
Reeves' Batman is its own thing outside Gunn's DC Universe. That will get its own Batman with Brave and the Bold, which is probably not happening until like 2028 at this rate.
yeah, but superman is out in 2025, they can change their minds and add credits scenes or something like that to batman to connect the movies. Warner is trying everything to get their own MCU 🤷‍♂️

I'd prefer they not widen the gap to over 4 years between The Batman and its sequel just to give room to yet another cinematic universe that seems destined for failure, but that's where we're at with WBD/DC/Hollywood.

The only way it could get more WBD-like is if they go to all the trouble of making the Penguin series, make a sequel to The Batman, and then just delete it all at the last minute.

I hope the villian is. but yeah wb seems like the konami of hollywood now. i also expect them to shit out more aquaman
iu

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I hope the villian is. but yeah wb seems like the konami of hollywood now. i also expect them to shit out more aquaman
iu

Aquaman isn't part of the DCU

Also, Matt Reeves hasn't even started to write the second film. Or has ONLY just begun. He had ALL this time to write the script and hasn't! Most scripts for big tentpole films take nearly a year to write. It took James Gunn 4 months to write all of Peacemaker and about that same time to do Guardians 3... Not everyone is like James Gunn (or Stephen King, for that matter)

Trilobit

The Batman 1 was subpar. It had no idea what tone it was aiming for. You should not have The Penguin waddling away with legs tied and in handcuffs in the same movie where another villain gets sexual gratification from beating someone to death.

Last edited:
Top Bottom