• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tron: Ares Official Release Date Announced

Draugoth

Gold Member
garrett-hedlund-as-sam-holding-a-disc-and-jared-leto-as-ares-in-tron-ares-header.jpg

Tron: Ares is set for an October 2025 release, Disney announced today. The film is the third feature-length installment in the franchise, which also spawned video games, comics, music, theme park attractions, and an animated series on Disney XD. This time around, Jared Leto will headline the movie.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Part 1 was a visual spectacle. Part 2 was a visual spectacle with a unusually great OST.

Not sure what part 3 is going to bring. Story is whatever in these, and the visuals are likely to look similar to part 2.

jason10mm

Gold Member
They need to set this in a post apocalyptic world or something crazy. Just Leto walking around in our world of today ain't gonna cut it. I want EVERYTHING in day glo neon stripes.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m super stoked for this movie. I hope that Disney money is enough to bring Daft Punk out of retirement for another banging soundtrack.

One of my best memories ever was going to Disneyland on a whim (I was supposed to be covering Blizzcon) and getting drinks at the Tron bar, then spending all night in the replica Flynn’s Arcade playing Space Paranoids and getting a high score on Donkey Kong. It was easily one of my favorite times ever. I still have a few of the Flynn’s Arcade tokens you had to use in the arcade machines.

If Disney brings back Tron world for the third movie, I will 100% be booking a flight to Anaheim/Orlando.

Last edited:
Top Bottom