• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Babysitter 2: Killer Queen hits Netflix Sep 10

xrnzaaas

It's stupid to bring back the cast EXCEPT for the most important character. If they couldn't make everyone return, they should've changed the whole cast.

How is the first one? I thought it was another trash quality netflix movie...
It was decent, but just decent imo. Samara Weaving (who isn't coming back for 2) was probably the best thing about the movie.

Last edited:

Arimer

Man the first one was amazing. Definitely a surprise when i just casually turned it on. Samara weaving made it though so i'll be hard to top.

bitbydeath

I haven't even watched the first one, what am I missing GAF?

E7pljs.gif

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I'm only here because I'm actually shocked this is getting a sequel. The first film is one of the worst Netflix originals I've ever seen. I'd even say it was worse than Message form the King.

Keihart

Just finished watching this, that third act was a fucking wreck.
The only explanation that i would i accept at that point it would be that everything in the sequel was hallucinations from Cole and that's why his counselor it's also a psychiatrist.

I loved the first movie, this was really disappointing.

Karppuuna

Avarege movie at its best, its start good mut fail in the later part, baybe 5/10 if you ask me.
Its starting good and you think that this might be good but it dosent, they run out of scrip and just fuck it in the core.

Last edited:

gradient

Resident Cheap Arse
Not a bad watch, but nowhere near as good as the first.

Unfortunately it falls into most of the usual sequel traps. Returning characters are exaggerated versions of their previous selves. It re-uses a lot of the style but without the same context it feels out of place and at times just outright stupid

Like the fight between the two girls. I don't know what that videogame style was about or how it was supposed to make sense with the fireballs and floating kicks

New characters were a mixed bag. Kinda liked the doofus jock, but the other two were kinda nothing.

Melanie gets a much bigger part, but tbh her role was a bit of a let down

The whole large and in charge evil girl routine was poorly done. Not a patch on Bee in the first and felt seriously overacted at points

Her tits looked great though

Despite most of the returning gang being too over the top, Max was still pretty good and had some of the funnier moments in the film

Flexing on the inflatable raft as it is dragged by the speedboat. Giving props to Cole at the end

On the whole, it was serviceable as a horror comedy, but a mere shadow of it's predecessor. The original remains one of the most fun horror-comedies I've seen in the past decade or so. This one... I'm not sure I'll be giving it a rewatch unless I need something on in the background while I work.

Last edited:

Forsythia

I liked it, it was fun. Only problem I have is the boring setting (rocks), but everything else was good. Give me a third one (with Samara of course!)

Top Bottom