• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The 2024 Olympics US city candidate is...Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't Look Back to cities which have already had the games. It's been such a Long Time since the east coast has had an Olympics. I'd be Feelin' Satisfied if the games came to the US. You may even see Amanda there, competing in the long jump. Be sure to have a Rock 'N Roll band play at the opening ceremony. I'd sure have some Piece of Mind if the Olympics could be held in Boston.
I'm totally sorry, I couldn't resist

I agree. Have at it Johannesburg.

Oh God no.

The horror. my ears!

Vuvuzelas_1.jpg

Once the proposed high speed rails that will connect Dallas, Houston, Austin, and San Antonio are finished, Texas would be the perfect Olympic host.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda sad that this is what it'd take for it to get the infrastructure support it desperately needs.

Not as sad as it's own residents decrying the best option to improve the quality of their own lives because they will have to deal with an unusual amount of tourists for a month.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Did Chicago end it's Olympic aspirations after being beat by Rio? Or is there a rule that they weren't eligible for this round?

Well, there isn't really another Airport to bulldoze in the middle of the night in order to make way for the Olympic Village this time.

America is the land of redemption, and we want redemption from the Boston Marathon bombing. The security would be insane in Boston if they're picked to host the olympics

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Twitter. AP. Buzzfeed.

Well, good luck Boston. A US city getting it will kill the movement in Denver to try and get the Winter Olympics for another decade.

Not that there's a chance in hell Denver would ever be picked to host the Olympics again.

Chicago tried and failed. LA has facilities and prior experience

The only way Chicago would be able to do it at this point is if the Federal government almost completely paid for it.

The city and the state of Illinois literally has money for nothing right now.

ccbfan

Hell yes.

As someone from NYC this is perfect.

Close enough to easily travel, yet far enough so the extra people don't effect my day to day life.

Boston is an amazing city. I don't want to see the Olympics there as they are a huge drain on the economy they do nothing for the people once the games are over and the people of Boston don't need to deal with ongoing stupid construction projects.

Blader

Boston is an amazing city. I don't want to see the Olympics there as they are a huge drain on the economy they do nothing for the people once the games are over and the people of Boston don't need to deal with ongoing stupid construction projects.

We deal with stupid ongoing construction on a daily basis as is.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'd like to see the Winter Olympics in the states again, but we have so few contenders. Salt Lake already had it a decade ago. Denver will never be allowed to host an Olympic games after 76. I bet Seattle could make a nice bid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom