• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tell Microsoft which Xbox games you want to play on 360!

Excelion

Banned
based on the list they already have 70% of my library, i'm kinda surprised they dont have the games running on the jade engine: BG&E, PoP, PoPWW, looking at the result of the poll, it's clear that's what they should focus on at this point.

My library probably already BC:
DOA, DOAX, Ninja Gaiden, DOAU, GTADP, GTASA, PGR, PGR2, Kotor, Kotor2, SC, SCPT, SCCT, Fable, Forza, RSC2 (?), Conker, PES4, Halo, Halo2, Jade Empire, NFSU, Soulcalibur 2, Spiderman

Missing:
Amped 2, BG&E, PoP, PoPWW, Otogi2, Top Spin, Crimson Skies, Project Zero 2, JSRF, PDO, Riddick, PsiOps

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
Che, can you address the issue regarding Steel Battalion and games that require other specialized controllers, please? What's the point of including them in your poll if we have no way to use said controllers?

snatches

My votes: Armed and Dangerous, Riddick, PDO, Psychonauts.
Thank God Psychonauts and PDO are doing so well...this really
brings a tear to my eye. I had thought the mainstream Madden
morons would ruin this for us......sigh.

IJoel

raYne said:
You must be joking? Err.. Live? Err.. the 360's UI?.. Err universal game settings? etc.

Oh, those are nice things, certainly. However, the only thing that stands out from that list is the Universal Game Settings, which is a great addition. But on the downside:
- No compatibility for USB memory media
- No video streaming from XP systems
- No way to transfer game saves from Xbox
- Split userbase

Now, don't get me wrong, we undoubtedly get a good value from the system. But they've simply cut support from things that would've been trivial to support in the first place, which makes it really disappointing.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Minotauro said:
Che, can you address the issue regarding Steel Battalion and games that require other specialized controllers, please? What's the point of including them in your poll if we have no way to use said controllers?

Not sure. I'm thinking, controller adapters, perhaps? The controller issue affects more than just Steel Battalion, of course. MS must be thinking about ways around it, as one of their first-party gems (Forza) also goes nicely with a wheel.

In other words, I'll have to find out.

Jesiatha

cybamerc said:
Keep in mind that M$ doesn't care about backwards compatibility and wasn't planning on supporting it until Sony and Nintendo announced full support for their respective back catalogues.

Oh really? I would assume the real reason (as posted on Michael Brundage's page) was that they wanted to be sure that the BC would work before it was announced - it is a VERY hard problem.

Also, your use of a dollar sign to replace the S is very clear.

And people - please vote for MotoGP 3!

raYne

Jesiatha said:
Oh really? I would assume the real reason (as posted on Michael Brundage's page) was that they wanted to be sure that the BC would work before it was announced - it is a VERY hard problem.

Nope, wasn't supposed to be supported at all from the beginning (how do people not know this by now?) Were that the case they wouldn't have to go back to nVidia after 360 dev was completed and license tech etc. I'm not even gonna bother reading what Michael Brundage posted, and I'll still say it's a bs PR excuse to try and soften the blow of current (at the time) progress with BC.
And people - please vote for MotoGP 3!
I'm not picking it up, so... Nevar!

xsarien

daedsiluap
I can't tell which part is the joke: The fact that 187: Ride or Die made the list at all, or that people are actually voting for it.

Anyway, I put my two cents in for Outrun 2 and Panzer Dragoon.

No compatibility for USB memory media
No way to transfer game saves from Xbox

They know we want this. It's easy for them to do it. It's all about trying to prevent exploits.

No video streaming from XP systems

Not streaming XviD from any system is a bigger issue IMO. When they limit video to WMV, I don't really give a shit what platforms they support.

Not sure. I'm thinking, controller adapters, perhaps? The controller issue affects more than just Steel Battalion, of course. MS must be thinking about ways around it, as one of their first-party gems (Forza) also goes nicely with a wheel.

They'll probably just require their new wireless wheel, and have the system bios emulate the older wheels. I suspect their new dance pad will be the same way (that it will work with X1 dance games).

Jesiatha

raYne said:
Nope, wasn't supposed to be supported at all from the beginning (how do people not know this by now?)

Thanks, I'll have to go let the team working on backwards compatability know.

raYne said:
Were that the case they wouldn't have to go back to nVidia after 360 dev was completed and license tech etc. I'm not even gonna bother reading what Michael Brundage posted, and I'll still say it's a bs PR excuse to try and soften the blow of current (at the time) progress with BC.

Do you really think this BC was thrown together in the past couple months? I'll just state this - the BC engine is the most complex "game" coming out for 360 at launch. By far.

raYne

Cool. While you're at it tell them that apparently if it's not 100% it's supposedly a failure, so they should just scrap it now and get it over with.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Jesiatha said:
Thanks, I'll have to go let the team working on backwards compatability know.

Do you really think this BC was thrown together in the past couple months? I'll just state this - the BC engine is the most complex "game" coming out for 360 at launch. By far.

Microsoft's constant hemming, hawing, deflection, avoidance, talking down, talking maybe, and kinda-sorta talking up the importance of backwards compatibility didn't really help the perception that it was a long-time consideration.

Don't blame the Internet because the boys in marketing don't have a clue.

Ironclad

Wario64 said:
as long as i can play outrun 2 and phantom dust, i'm happy

Yeah, no kidding. Outrun 2 is at 4%, Phantom Dust is at 3% and Panzer Dragoon Orta is at a whopping 9%. Hell, JSRF surprised me with 6%. Same for BG & E and Psychonauts. Just make these backwards compatible and I will be happy.

----

Banned
How can a game like ESPN NFL 2K5 even be on this list? It was the 3rd best selling Xbox game of 2004 and was only outsold by Halo and Halo 2. They have to ask if they should bother to support it?

The top ten selling games of 2004 are as follows:

1. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
2. Halo 2 (Xbox)
3. Madden NFL 2005 (PS2)
4. ESPN NFL 2K5 (PS2)
5. Need For Speed: Underground 2 (PS2)
6. Pokemon Fire Red /w Adapter (GBA)
7. NBA Live 2005 (PS2)
8. Spider-Man: The Movie 2 (PS2)
9. Halo (Xbox)
10. ESPN NFL 2K5 (Xbox)

TheDuce22

Banned
Its a sports game. There is a reason the previous years sports games sell for like 5-10 bucks, nobody wants to play them. Espn2k5 is in a slightly different situation because its the last in the franchise, ill give you that.

They should all be playable on 360, but I threw in some specific votes anyway. Panzer Dragoon Orta even being up for question is a joke.

Nice to see Fatal Frame 2 on the list, but then Fatal Frame 1...?

Mrbob

So Team Ninja games are confirmed to work on X360, huh?

Well, that's it. I'm trading in my Xbox towards the 360 near launch. I really just need Halo 2 and Ninja Gaiden powering my old Xbox gameage.

----

Banned
TheDuce22 said:
Its a sports game. There is a reason the previous years sports games sell for like 5-10 bucks, nobody wants to play them. Espn2k5 is in a slightly different situation because its the last in the franchise, ill give you that.
:lol
I know a lot of people who are still playing EA's Sega Genesis games. Considering how highly it was rated and how well NFL 2K5 sold I think MS should pull their head out of their ass. It's an embarassement to the company to even ask this type of a question. Whatever happened to supporting the "best selling Xbox titles?" I guess that E3 promise went out the window too.

And let me remind you that Madden 2005 isn't on the list even though ESPN 2k5 outsold it on Xbox.

Amir0x

Banned
ManaByte said:
Where's the option for "Every game or no purchase"?

I guess I won't have to make the comment.

This is what I want, no exceptions. But I know it's what I won't get. So it's pretty worthless feature for me, since it means I'm forced to keep my Xbox around anyway. So I don't care anymore.

Mrbob

I just thought about something.

Will Madden 06 Xbox work on 360?

I thought I read some games with previous Xbox versions in X360 launch titles will not be compatible.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Mrbob said:
I just thought about something.

Will Madden 06 Xbox work on 360?

I thought I read some games with previous Xbox versions in X360 launch titles will not be compatible.
It probably displays a message informing you to "upgrade" to the newer version of Madden for X360.

Top Bottom