• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Team Trump faces subpoena over sexual misconduct allegations

HotHamBoy

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-...bpoena-over-sexual-misconduct-allegations/amp

Though the story largely faded after last fall's election, Donald Trump was recorded in 2005 bragging about committing sexual assaults. The Republican said, among other things, that he kisses women he considers attractive -- "I don't even wait," Trump claimed at the time -- which he said he can get away with because of his public profile.

"When you're a star, they let you do it," Trump said on the recording. "You can do anything. Grab 'em by the pussy."

After Trump denied having done what he bragged about doing, 11 women came forward to accuse the Republican of sexual misconduct -- one of whom, Summer Zervos, is currently suing the president for defamation, after Trump insisted each of his accusers is a liar.

BuzzFeed reported yesterday the latest development in this ongoing litigation.
---
A high-stakes legal showdown is brewing for President Donald Trump, as a woman who said he groped her has subpoenaed all documents from his campaign pertaining to "any woman alleging that Donald J. Trump touched her inappropriately." [...]

Summer Zervos, a former contestant on the Trump's reality TV show The Apprentice, accused Trump of kissing and grabbing her when she went to his bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel in 2007 to discuss a possible job at the Trump Organization.... As part of that suit, her lawyers served a subpoena on his campaign, asking that it preserve all documents it had about her.
---
Note, while the lawsuit isn't new, we weren't aware of the detail highlighted by BuzzFeed. The subpoena was entered into the court file on Sept. 19, nearly four weeks ago.

The article added that Zervos and her lawyer have asked for "all documents" related to the president's other accusers.

The president's private legal team has tried to make the case go away -- Trump has denied doing anything wrong -- arguing among other things that the case could "distract a President from his public duties to the detriment of not only the President and his office but also the Nation."
Postscript: Shortly before the election, Trump vowed to file suits of his own against the women who accused him of sexual misconduct. To date, that hasn't happened.

That he was still allowed to be president after all this is absolutely shameful.

Because people like this exist

maxresdefault.jpg

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
arguing among other things that the case could "distract a President from his public duties to the detriment of not only the President and his office but also the Nation."

Take it out of your TV time, dickshit.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
After Trump denied having done what he bragged about doing,

This sentence hurts my fucking head.

dude is so guilty it's obvious. whats up with our country giving this shit a pass.

PKrockin

This sentence hurts my fucking head.

dude is so guilty it's obvious. whats up with our country giving this shit a pass.
Nah he said he'd sue the women after the election, so he's obviously innocent. Why else would he do that?

Oh wait he never did sue them.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Because Hillary was the devil or some nonsense like that. Plus her emails and Bill!!

Nah he said he'd sue the women after the election, so he's obviously innocent. Why else would he do that?

Oh wait he never did sue them.

~~~Locker Room Talk~~~

if weinstein goes down (which looks like he is, and he should) i hope it blows up on trumps front door because hes been walking that same lifestyle his whole career.

Can a president stand trial outside an impeachment process? Has this happened before?
Don't know, but maybe it's about time the president's powers and stature are severely reduced. If we can't heighten standards for who can run then restraining the power of those who hold the office is the only option left to us going forward and we can't wait for slow ass congress to do it for us.

Can a president stand trial outside an impeachment process? Has this happened before?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I know, it's not 100% clear if a president can be successfully sued. It's something that the courts have not yet had to decide on, but many people generally believe that presidents enjoy immunity from lawsuits.

Oppo

will be interesting to see what sort of velocity this catches on 2nd (no, 3rd!) pass, with the Weinstein stuff and the current... "climate"

Trump is pretty much untouchable and this is another reminder of that

It's honestly a complete waste of time

It's not a waste of time. Even if filing the suit goes nowhere legally, it's just one more way to say "This is not normal, and we should not accept this as normal. It needs to be resisted at every turn."

We as a society need to do this constantly, to make sure that this is just some horrible one-time mistake, and is never repeated.

PK Gaming

It's not a waste of time. Even if filing the suit goes nowhere legally, it's just one more way to say "This is not normal, and we should not accept this as normal. It needs to be resisted at every turn."

We as a society need to do this constantly, to make sure that this is just some horrible one-time mistake, and is never repeated.

It feels like an insurmountable wall. We've hit Trump with literally everything we've got; severe sexual harassment allegations, collusions with Russia, racism, overt corruption... Nothing we do matters. Corruption and apathy will be the death of us (and yes I realize the irony in blaming apathy).

It feels like an insurmountable wall. We've hit Trump with literally everything we've got; severe sexual harassment allegations, collusions with Russia, racism, overt corruption... Nothing we do matters. Corruption and apathy will be the death of us (and yes I realize the irony in blaming apathy).

He might not suffer any legal consequences while he's president for the things he's done. There will be a reckoning though. There are already personal consequences; all reports indicate that he is miserable every day of his life. His name has been dragged through the mud and his businesses have decreased in value. His immediate family members and many of his old associates are being investigated for federal crimes. The midterms will probably be a bloodbath for his party, and suddenly he'll be facing some real opposition in Congress.

And even if none of that happens like we want it to, we still can't accept this as normal. We have to be vocal and constantly remind everyone how abnormal this whole thing is. It's the only way not to continue sliding into the abyss after he's left office. It's the best way to help guarantee that he won't get away with it in the end.

Thats how NPD works yes; make punishment or deterance more trouble than just letting it go...

Its the buried lede in this sexual predator megascandal.

Remember that "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised."

Loxley

"We've hit Trump with collusion and overt corruption", Um...no we haven't? With the exception of a deposition relating to the Trump University bullshit a few years ago, Trump hasn't set foot in a courtroom for either of those things (yet).

Mueller 's team are still working and investigating. Remember, there's a reason Trump warned Mueller about looking at his finances and business dealings. Anyone with half a brain can figure out that there's stuff there that Trump would rather the government (and the IRS) not know about. Mueller's been hiring a litany of rockstar fraud prosecutors for a reason - they're following the money. And because they straight up told Manafort to expect to be indicted, they're clearly finding a lot of shady shit. I will be shocked beyond belief if Mueller and his team find absolutely zero dirt on Trump that he can be prosecuted for. It may not be directly conspiring with Russia, but it'll be something - likely related to dodging taxes or massive fraud.

Remember, Al Capone was considered to be untouchable since the authorities couldn't directly trace any of the crimes committed by his gangs back to him - but then they found out he'd been dodging income tax for a years and successfully prosecuted him for tax evasion.

But even then, Trump isn't some hardened criminal mastermind, he's a fucking idiot who surrounds himself with fucking idiots. So it's entirely possible that Mueller's team doesn't even have to look very hard to find wrong-doing.

Top Bottom