• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tales of Legendia is...

I might have to check my Destyiny 2 files again, but the casters in Destiny 2 cover multiple of enemies and do so much damage, it was a must to have at least two of them for me. I'll try your method though as I don't mind experimenting! It works so well in Rebirth... the three melee vs 1 spell caster since the ougis take so long for the casters in that game compared to the melee fighters, and the melee fighter actually do insane damage.

Geoff9920 said:
I just thought I'd give an update, though I'm sure no one really cares. Since they didn't have any copies of ToS on hand, I didn't have to choose. ToL it is.

Ah, well Legendia is better anyway. :D

Anyway, have fun.

Shouta

Magicpaint said:
I might have to check my Destyiny 2 files again, but the casters in Destiny 2 cover multiple of enemies and do so much damage, it was a must to have at least two of them for me. I'll try your method though as I don't mind experimenting! It works so well in Rebirth... the three melee vs 1 spell caster since the ougis take so long for the casters in that game compared to the melee fighters, and the melee fighter actually do insane damage.

You need to be really spammy with the attacks. That's the preferred method of melee battling in Tales games other than Legendia. Throw every attack you can and as fast as possible. You should be able to break guards on enemies and do full damage after a short number of attacks.

Geoff9920

After putting several hours into this, I don't get the hate. I'm really enjoying it so far. :) Granted, the combat is different than ToS, but I don't dislike it. And the story so far seems much more compelling (compaired to the beginning of ToS).

The first 10 or so hrs of Symphonia was a snooze fest, it was later the story started to pick up... or erm maybe the characters. Can't really remember much of Symphonia's sketchy plot.

I've finally beaten ToL. Clocked at 74 hrs, though there were some dead hrs where I wasn't playing, and well what more can I say other than it's great to have played it, especially after shunning it previously. Got it for $10 and even if I paid full price, I would still have been satisfied. I was actually a little sad at the end of Grune's CQ. :(

I think I liked Chloe's, Norma's and Grune's the most, or rather those were the ones that really struck me the most emotionally.

BTW Good to see you're enjoying it Geoff!

Shouta

Geoff9920 said:
After putting several hours into this, I don't get the hate. I'm really enjoying it so far. :) Granted, the combat is different than ToS, but I don't dislike it. And the story so far seems much more compelling (compaired to the beginning of ToS).

Yeah, the plot is pretty compelling. One of the best parts is that it's largely all story and no filler for it. So the story moves at a quick pace and it never feels like it stalls for time. Symphonia had a large number of fetch quests and the plot drags an extra country mile because of it.

Link1110

ToL was OK, It really should've been released in 2003, between Destiny 2 and Symphonia. THEN people would've loved it alot more. I have to get back to playing it. I didn't get much further than Senel's Marlon Brando impression halfway through the main game.

BTW, does the story of this have to do with
The water folk's leader, lacking in white wings, melting some ice wall and flooding the world?
Apparently that's what the song in the relares language (The one that plays at Fallingwater) translates to (It's a prayer for that to happen.)

Shouta

Link1110 said:
BTW, does the story of this have to do with
The water folk's leader, lacking in white wings, melting some ice wall and flooding the world?
Apparently that's what the song in the relares language (The one that plays at Fallingwater) translates to (It's a prayer for that to happen.)

Did you stop playing the game or something? That's basically the second arc in the story. :lol

Sagitario

I'm 22~23hrs. in and I just got to the plot twist (place:
Altar of the Sea
)... I definitely was expecting something like that... and it reminds in someways of ToS... :lol
The racism was very subtle until now...

The music during those scenes was so great, too bad not all the songs are in the OST... :(

I'm really enjoying it... I don't get the hate for this game...

Shouta

Farore said:
I'm 22~23hrs. in and I just got to the plot twist (place:
Altar of the Sea
)... I definitely was expecting something like that... and it reminds in someways of ToS... :lol
The racism was very subtle until now...

The music during those scenes was so great, too bad not all the songs are in the OST... :(

I'm really enjoying it... I don't get the hate for this game...

It's not really racism, you'll understand by the end of the story. Kir and I argued about it on like the first page. :lol

It's really not racism in the typical Tales sense, it's more like
an on-going war between water and land folks, one invaded the other and they struggle for dominance over the planet or whatever it is.
It's not the typical; "I hate you because you are different and worse than me!"

Sagitario

Well, I just finished the Main Quest... ~32hrs. so far...

Some points:
-I really like the cast... my favorite (as I've said before) is Norma (writing the letter to her parents = :lol ), Moses is really cool too, I'll miss their voices on the Character Quest :( ...

-The story is way better than ToS (and so is the cast, I don't know if that is saying much though :p ), but right know I think it fell apart on Chapter 7... too many unclear things have been left about the main story (not talking about about the character's backgrounds and what I suppose will be uncover on the second arc), Chapter 7 felt a little rushed to me...
So... these "unclear things" (like
2 Nerifes... WTF is up with that?
)... will they be cleared on the second arc?

-How the hell is
Maurits
alive (according to the credits)?

-Mentioning the Tales forums on the credits was a nice detail...

-Grune... I want my summons :p ...

That's all I have right now, maybe later I'll post more questions :} ...

Shouta

Farore said:
Well, I just finished the Main Quest... ~32hrs. so far...

So... these "unclear things" (like
2 Nerifes... WTF is up with that?
)... will they be cleared on the second arc?

-Grune... I want my summons :p ...

Nerifes/Sougas represent the two different worlds, one from inside the ship or the world of the land folks and the one of the water people (don't recall the English names off the top of my head). Remember, the land people came from another planet and apparently took everything with them. :lol It's not cleared up in the CQs but they are brought up again.

Grune doesn't have any summons.

MrDaravon

I was disappointed about the no summons for Grune too. I think we probably both assumed we'd get them since Grune seems to lack spells, and she has the scenes with them.

Also for shouta only, ending spoiler:
Was this supposed to be a prequel of some kind to one of the Tales games? They seemed to make a point of introducing the summons then having her release them in the ending which seemed odd since they played little to no role in the game.

kiryogi

Banned
No, Legendia like most Tales games are stand alone. Only Destiny has recieved a sequel and its debatable on Phantasia/Symphonia.

Sagitario

Shouta said:
Nerifes/Sougas represent the two different worlds, one from inside the ship or the world of the land folks and the one of the water people (don't recall the English names off the top of my head). Remember, the land people came from another planet and apparently took everything with them. :lol It's not cleared up in the CQs but they are brought up again.

Grune doesn't have any summons.

Well, I guess that makes sense...
the Quiet Nerifes being the sea from the planet where humans came from

Thanks... :)

MrDaravon

kiryogi said:
No, Legendia like most Tales games are stand alone. Only Destiny has recieved a sequel and its debatable on Phantasia/Symphonia.

I thought ToP/ToS had been pretty much totally confirmed? Any regardless, the only reason I thought ToL might be connected is because (ending spoiler again)
they make such a big deal out of Grune getting the elemental summon seeds and then releasing them which takes up a good chunk of the ending anime style. It just strikes me as really odd that they would go to all of that trouble to put them in there and then have them not be any relevant at all.

I think that was really more of them trying to
establish the elemental sprits in the world as a sign of the world finally starting to mature. They are supposed to be the remants of Grune's power iirc.

Shouta

The Tales games are all standalone.
The game does make it sound like a prequel though. It'd be nice if it was. I think the lore of Legendia is a bit better than the other Tales games. It has an interesting history and a great overall world. I'd love to see a sequel on the main continent.

I'm just hoping the failry low sales of ToL doesn't stop that from happening, Shouta. :D

I really liked ToL and would love to see a sequel too. In the main time, I'm very optmistic about playing Abyss which is supposedly much better. We'll see.

Top Bottom