• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version |OT| - Donder quest for the rhythm legacy (device)

MSMrRound

They were listed on Chinese retailer pages and the Chinese version is set to get DLC, I'm sure they're coming.

Okay. So far I'm able to download Dr Wily Stage 1 and some Idolmaster Ura or some song along that lines. No signs of Tutti yet though. Hopefully there wouldn't be any licensing issues >.>

WOW the boss hazards in this game are stupid lmao. they always suck but this is a new low

shoutouts to "memorize the song or fuck off" fourth rank boss

Holy shit. How can that even be done? Is that the final boss?
Also, you're so interconnected with the Japanese Taiko community haha

No idea if that's the final boss, lol. It probably is.

Eh, I wouldn't say that as much as I'd say the English Taiko community is so small that pretty much all the content comes from the Japanese community, lol.

Okay. So far I'm able to download Dr Wily Stage 1 and some Idolmaster Ura or some song along that lines. No signs of Tutti yet though. Hopefully there wouldn't be any licensing issues >.>

It should go up, according to this article. All the info is directly from their source and not just from news for the Japanese version, since they actually confirmed the Mega Man 2 track before the Japanese side did.

ChrisD

I was going to go through Donder Quest for a bit tonight, but seeing that clip and reading your impressions has changed my mind lol.

How do I get to training mode? I'm sure I can hit so many of these patterns, but they come too quickly and end too soon to get accustomed.

I was going to go through Donder Quest for a bit tonight, but seeing that clip and reading your impressions has changed my mind lol.

How do I get to training mode? I'm sure I can hit so many of these patterns, but they come too quickly and end too soon to get accustomed.

It's definitely worth going through Donder Quest, don't let my ranting put you off lol. At the very least, you should do it for the song unlocks, and because just getting through it doesn't take all that long (it seems). It's actually rarely frustrating because you can change the difficulty any time and it'll reduce enemies's life for you from the start after a couple of failed attempts. A lot of the hazards are just totally overboard, lol.

Training is the third option on the main menu, 太鼓トレーニング

ChrisD

It's definitely worth going through Donder Quest, don't let my ranting put you off lol. At the very least, you should do it for the song unlocks, and because just getting through it doesn't take all that long (it seems). It's actually rarely frustrating because you can change the difficulty any time and it'll reduce enemies's life for you from the start after a couple of failed attempts. A lot of the hazards are just totally overboard, lol.

Training is the third option on the main menu, 太鼓トレーニング

I'll still go through it, just not as soon as I initially planned. It's gonna' take me a good while to play everything already unlocked. Not missing much yet. =)

Thanks! I'm making it a personal goal to beat Oni Attack on Titan -- WITH full bar, and not just passing. The patterns are just so jumbled at that speed, it makes things difficult to get a feel for.

Edit: Senbonzakura is always a fun song to play, no matter the game.

BUT THIS EXTRA ONI THAT JUST SHOWED UP?

WHAT THE FRICK IS THIS

oh fuck. fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck.

i decided to scroll to the additional info pages for quests and missions and...

the rewards aren't auto-unlocked for clearing the stage... they're random drops... there are rare drops...

guhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Edit: Senbonzakura is always a fun song to play, no matter the game.

BUT THIS EXTRA ONI THAT JUST SHOWED UP?

WHAT THE FRICK IS THIS

oh yeah that's an ura. basically an alternate oni chart, usually harder. they're cool

Linkr2

Neo Member
For the people who already have the game: Is all the DLC stuff accessed through the game, or you can buy and download DLC through the normal PSN Store? (Vita/Web/PS3, etc.)

hello, taiko no tatsujin v version player. you should switch your controls to type B.

from the main menu, ゲーム設定 > 操作設定 > タイプB

please love yourself, and use type B

I personally use type C! XD

sugarless

Damn I used to love playing this in the arcade in Japan about ten years ago. Seeing this song list makes me realise how I've been left behind in terms of any kind of knowledge of currently popular Japanese music. The only two songs on there I could conceivably get behind are Natsu Matsuri and Saitama 2000. Whither Scroll Mika?!

5amshift

Banned
JnItoDPP

How pathetic, my god..
Why would they even have that restriction?

muteki

How pathetic, my god..
It is infuriating when Vita games do this.

Not that there aren't a million other issues with the firmware, but Sony should have forced a minimum level of screenshot support for all games, like PS4.

man, i'm really glad that norudon2000 is a return to a fun and goofy high-level 2000 song after how gimmicky and absurd joubutsu, suuhaa, and donkama were. i respect what the latter ones go for, i guess, but... i don't think they're fun, lol. and norudon is very fun.

For the people who already have the game: Is all the DLC stuff accessed through the game, or you can buy and download DLC through the normal PSN Store? (Vita/Web/PS3, etc.)

Far as I can tell, it's only through the game itself.

How pathetic, my god..

yeah i never really know what the deal is. the wii u games let you take miiverse screenshots while the 3DS ones don't. sucks because i like to take a lot of screens of high scores and the like.

edit: finished donder quest. for how insanely silly the boss hazards are, it's actually really forgiving. you have the ability to deal absurd amounts of damage in the second half, and the third-try enemy health reduction helps a lot. didn't need to drop the difficulty at all, woo!

Aizo

Banned
I am at a bar, but I wish I could play Taiko right now. That sounds very fun for some reason. Are music games impossible while drunk?

Edit: Do you ever worry that Taiko or other music games will give you carpal tunnel? I'm a musician, and that kind of thing is pretty common, as well as repetitive strain injury.

cj_iwakura

I am at a bar, but I wish I could play Taiko right now. That sounds very fun for some reason. Are music games impossible while drunk?

Edit: Do you ever worry that Taiko or other music games will give you carpal tunnel? I'm a musician, and that kind of thing is pretty common, as well as repetitive strain injury.

It damn sure can, especially playing IIDX.

How is To Make The End Of Battle? And I saw the last arcade version had Bad Apple, maybe this will too?

jeez they just gave everything in this game an ura chart huh. not that i'm complaining
okay 4 oni charts for senbonzakura is kinda silly

How is To Make The End Of Battle? And I saw the last arcade version had Bad Apple, maybe this will too?

I'd go as far as to say it probably will get Bad Apple, considering Touhou arrange songs are confirmed to be coming, and Bad Apple is always super popular (unless there's any licensing that may prevent it from being released in a home version).

t26

It is infuriating when Vita games do this.

Not that there aren't a million other issues with the firmware, but Sony should have forced a minimum level of screenshot support for all games, like PS4.

PS4 screenshot can be blocked

Aizo

Banned
So how do I get the DLC on my NA Vita?
You need to do that bullshit to switch to another profile with a differ sd card and make a Japanese account.

I'm not familiar with that hassle, because I have only ever played Japanese games on mine with a Japanese account.

SHarris78

Downloaded the demo (Full game coming Tuesday), noticed on the PS Store there were 3 things to download - the full game, the demo, and something else which I think is free.

Is that the first free DLC pack mentioned in the OP (Free DLC through August 31st:
Tutti! (ANIME), Uchouten Vivace (CLASSIC), Dr. Wily Stage 1 (GAME))?

well ok then (donder quest spoilers)

Downloaded the demo (Full game coming Tuesday), noticed on the PS Store there were 3 things to download - the full game, the demo, and something else which I think is free.

Is that the first free DLC pack mentioned in the OP (Free DLC through August 31st:
Tutti! (ANIME), Uchouten Vivace (CLASSIC), Dr. Wily Stage 1 (GAME))?

All the free DLC songs were separate, and I think they can only be accessed through the game itself, so I'm not sure what it is you saw, lol. Can you take a pic?

SHarris78

Anyone got a translation for the menus?

How many songs does the quest mode unlock? I've no idea what i'm doing in it so i'm not gonna get very far, but I must have all the songs!!!!

Cranzor

Just got my copy today. Really like the song selection! It's weird to be playing Taiko with songs on it that are pretty recent.

I wish getting the DLC on a US account was easier, but I guess I'll be buying another memory card for DLC. It'll definitely be worth it for me, even if it's a weird hassle to have to go through.

I got this game at launch and two nights since then I have been playing it well into the morning. It's soooo addictive when you see that you're getting better at it.

I missed the FedEx delivery, but I think I'm gonna try to go to and pick it up in a little bit though. Super excited by the anime song list. Too bad the game doesn't support PSTV. I would have loved to have streamed it.

I may, however, try and create a Japanese account to grab the DLC. Luckily I have a spare memory card I can use.

i am the tatsujin

(it's actually a really quick and easy platinum if you can manage 25 oni clears. my 3rd ever!)

Anyone got a translation for the menus?

How many songs does the quest mode unlock? I've no idea what i'm doing in it so i'm not gonna get very far, but I must have all the songs!!!!

Oh, shoot, I probably shoulda gotten some ready sooner. Sorry about that! Here's a start, lemme know what menus you want translated and I can get on it.

There's 8 songs from Donder Quest, and 1 song from increasing the drum counter (top right on the main menu).

wtf. Are you a monster? How many hours did you put in?

Honestly, if you speed through Donder Quest to the bonus boss, and then speed through the minimum 100 song plays required for all the trophies, someone skilled enough (can clear all bosses and FC 25 Oni songs first try) could do it in... I'd say less than 5 hours. Hell, even with a fair number of retries, if you gun straight for trophies I'd say 5 hours is still a decent estimate. I have no idea how long I played cuz this thing doesn't have a timer, but it's real simple.

I swear, I haven't been playing it THAT much lol. Don't gimme that look!

So i'm thinking about buying this since i love rhythm games and think i played one of these on my ds before, but i don't know any japanese. So i'm wondering if its easy to navigate the menu's and stuff?

Aizo

Banned
Honestly, if you speed through Donder Quest to the bonus boss, and then speed through the minimum 100 song plays required for all the trophies, someone skilled enough (can clear all bosses and FC 25 Oni songs first try) could do it in... I'd say less than 5 hours. Hell, even with a fair number of retries, if you gun straight for trophies I'd say 5 hours is still a decent estimate. I have no idea how long I played cuz this thing doesn't have a timer, but it's real simple.

I'm giving you that look! How can you speed through donder quest? haha. Doesn't it take all but 1 or 2 quests for each level to get to the boss? How many are there? All the way up to 1段? I'm trying my best to speed through it, but it's still pretty time consuming. At least 30 minutes per level, so probably... more like 8 hour minimum, I think. Songs are on average 2 minutes, right? So, that means 25 songs x 4 difficulties x 2 minutes/60 mins= 3.33 hours. I think it would take at least 10 hours to platinum.

Shinriji

Lol fc 25 oni songs? Plat will take a while for me.

t26

Is this game worth getting for someone who just isn't that good? (Always had trouble in Yakuza with their music mini game. Did okay with Theatrhythm)

So i'm thinking about buying this since i love rhythm games and think i played one of these on my ds before, but i don't know any japanese. So i'm wondering if its easy to navigate the menu's and stuff?

The images that Bankslammer posted above pretty much translates half the game (the important parts at least). I'd say jump in. はい = yes いいえ = no

Aizo

Banned
Is this game worth getting for someone who just isn't that good? (Always had trouble in Yakuza with their music mini game. Did okay with Theatrhythm)
I don't play rhythm games, and I am now playing songs on the hardest difficulty, so I think Taiko is pretty friendly. I didn't start playing until I lived in Japan last year. Also, the Vita version has a training mode, which will really help when you start dealing with difficult patterns. You can slow down the songs and play specific parts over and over.

I'm giving you that look! How can you speed through donder quest? haha. Doesn't it take all but 1 or 2 quests for each level to get to the boss? How many are there? All the way up to 1段? I'm trying my best to speed through it, but it's still pretty time consuming. At least 30 minutes per level, so probably... more like 8 hour minimum, I think. Songs are on average 2 minutes, right? So, that means 25 songs x 4 difficulties x 2 minutes/60 mins= 3.33 hours. I think it would take at least 10 hours to platinum.

There's, like... at most 10 songs or so a level, right? You can totally do it! Maybe! God I dunno! It's a fast platinum okay lol

Lol fc 25 oni songs? Plat will take a while for me.

You only need to clear 25 for each difficulty and get 100 FCs total among all difficulties, I was just using that as an example of how to do it optimally lol

Hazaku

I'm pretty awful at this so far.

Keep on trying to play this with only one side of the Vita's facebuttons lol.

STILL FUN

eastx

Enjoying this but the lack of screenshot support is super stupid. I'd do a translation guide but no screenshots is very constricting.

I only got my copy today but I'm coming for you Bankslammer! Did you download it?

I did! So it's not like I just got it today and have been playing for hours and hours all day lol

Enjoying this but the lack of screenshot support is super stupid. I'd do a translation guide but no screenshots is very constricting.

If you're interested, your best bet might be to look for some direct-feed video from people with Vita capture cards to use as a base for a translation guide. The screenshot restriction is really, really silly though.

May16

Am I blind?

I can't find where to change the difficulty level at all. I am stuck in Easy Mode and it's kinda boring. Do I have to clear more songs before Normal and Hard become available?

Oh wait, it's the up and down buttons. Nevermind.
I guess that makes sense, but it's not immediately obvious.

Aizo

Banned
Been playing this the last couple of days. Have trophy translations been posted anywhere yet?
If they haven't, we could translate them. Speaking of which, am I fucking up? There's one for using a color besides the default one five times, but it won't unlock for me. Have I misunderstood?

音色 ahh. I had no idea what that meant.

Been playing this the last couple of days. Have trophy translations been posted anywhere yet?

I'll go ahead and do that:

Taiko no Tatsujin V Version Master (Platinum)
Get all other Taiko no Tatsujin V Version trophies

Taiko Debut (Bronze)
Clear a song in Performance Mode for the first time

25 Crowns on Kantan (Silver)
Clear 25 songs on Kantan (Easy)

25 Crowns on Futsuu (Silver)
Clear 25 songs on Futsuu (Normal)

25 Crowns on Muzukashii (Silver)
Clear 25 songs on Muzukashii (Hard)

25 Crowns on Oni (Silver)
Clear 25 songs on Oni

First Full Combo (Bronze)
Clear a song without missing a note

Full Combo God (Gold)
Get 100 Full Combos

100 Combo (Bronze)
Clear a song with a max combo of at least 100

300 Combo (Bronze)
Clear a song with a max combo of at least 300

Drumroll Demon (Bronze)
Get over 100 drumroll hits over the course of a song

(Hidden)
Donderful Combo (Silver)
Clear a song with all 良 (best) hits

(Hidden)
Double Speed Full Combo (Bronze)
Full Combo a song with the ばいそく (Double Speed) modifier

(Hidden)
Whimsical Full Combo (Bronze)
Full Combo a song with the きまぐれ (Whimsical) modifier

(Hidden)
Random Full Combo (Bronze)
Full Combo a song with the でたらめ (Random) modifier

(Hidden)
Opposite Full Combo (Bronze)
Full Combo a song with the あべこべ (Opposite) modifier

(Hidden)
Hidden Full Combo (Bronze)
Full Combo a song with the ドロン (Hidden) modifier

(Hidden)
All Genre Connoisseur (Silver)
Clear every genre

Begin Donder Quest (Bronze)
Start Donder Quest

(Hidden)
9th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 9th Rank

(Hidden)
8th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 8th Rank

(Hidden)
7th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 7th Rank

(Hidden)
6th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 6th Rank

(Hidden)
5th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 5th Rank

(Hidden)
4th Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 4th Rank

(Hidden)
3rd Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 3rd Rank

(Hidden)
2nd Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 2nd Rank

(Hidden)
1st Rank Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 1st Rank

(Hidden)
1st Dan Donder (Bronze)
Rank up to 1st Dan

(Hidden)
Vs. Sachiko Kobayashi (Bronze)
Battle against bonus boss Sachiko Kobayashi

(Hidden)
Savior of Cavatina Village (Gold)
Clear Donder Quest

(Hidden)
Challenging the Test (Bronze)
Clear a Test Time (試練の時間) mission

Killer Taiko (Bronze)
Use a Special Attack for the first time

(Hidden)
On Stage (Bronze)
Use a Sachiko Kobayashi card for the first time

Taiko Counter 5000 (Bronze)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 5000

(Hidden)
Taiko Counter 10000 (Bronze)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 10000

(Hidden)
Taiko Counter 20000 (Bronze)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 20000

(Hidden)
Taiko Counter 40000 (Bronze)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 40000

(Hidden)
Taiko Counter 60000 (Silver)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 60000

(Hidden)
Taiko Counter 76500 (Gold)
Increase the Taiko Counter to 76500

Sound Changer (Bronze)
Perform with a Taiko sound other than the default 5 times

(Hidden)
Person of Ten Colors (Bronze)
Perform with a Taiko sound other than the default 10 times

Mix & Match Master (Bronze)
Customize your head and body outfit parts 10 times

(Hidden)
Best Dresser (Bronze)
Customize your head and body outfit parts 20 times

eastx

Sound Changer (Bronze)
Perform with a Taiko sound other than the default 5 times

(Hidden)
Person of Ten Colors (Bronze)
Perform with a Taiko sound other than the default 10 times

Mix & Match Master (Bronze)
Customize your head and body outfit parts 10 times

(Hidden)
Best Dresser (Bronze)
Customize your head and body outfit parts 20 times

I changed my character parts 10 times and didn't get a Trophy. Do you actually have to play a song after changing it?

Also, how do we get more Taiko sounds? Quest mode?

I changed my character parts 10 times and didn't get a Trophy. Do you actually have to play a song after changing it?

Also, how do we get more Taiko sounds? Quest mode?

It doesn't say, and I don't remember exactly when I got the trophy, aside from that it was during Donder Quest.

You unlock more sounds as drops in Donder Quest, and from getting certain stamps. Then you can change them on the same menu where you select modifiers (triangle on the song select screen).

Top Bottom