• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

System Shock Remake delayed again to May 30, 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
systemshock_thumb.jpg

The long-awaited remake of System Shock will now launch for PC on Tuesday 30th May - a delay of two months from its previous March launch window.

That date will apply to the game's release on all major PC platforms, including Steam, GOG and the Epic Games Store.

"We had hoped to bring the game to market by the end of March," publisher Plaion acknowledged, "but that turned out to be just beyond our reach; we are after all merely human (unlike Shodan!)"

This remake of the 1994 original updates the game with new visuals and music, adds fresh enemies and a revamped hacking system, and a Dead Space-style dismemberment system.

What strikes me most about the remake is how different it feels in terms of atmosphere,"

The original behaves much more like an action game, with a very catchy electronic track pumping in your ear, whereas here, it's gone. The remake has settled down a bit, taken a breath, and leaned into the atmospheric eerie space station vibe instead. And it makes a big difference - it's quite creepy now."

Console versions of the remake are also on the way, though there's no release date for those just yet. Plaion is still planning to launch the project across PlayStation 4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X/S.

source

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I pre purchased a copy on Steam. I wanted that Enhanced Edition of System Shock 2. Let me guess, that’s delayed as well.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
did they ever announce anything about the System Shock 2 remaster?

SS2 Enhanced Edition? No news about it since release. Probably got sidelined for now. SS Remake took a huge toll on the studio, so finally finishing it will create a lot of bandwidth for them to work on other shit. (assuming it sells ok…)

Puscifer

I pre purchased a copy on Steam. I wanted that Enhanced Edition of System Shock 2. Let me guess, that’s delayed as well.
YOOOO

Why didn't I know about that? Anything that can modernize SS 2 (largely on a control front) has my interest. Looks like my favorite type of remake, one that makes the game look like you remember it looking.

StereoVsn

They had originally said it was supposed to launch day and date with the remake but we haven't heard anything about it for a while so who knows.
Wait, SS2 enhanced will be released as well. If the games haven't been complete butchered I will be there, lol.

Top Bottom