• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suddenly my TV think I have a Playstation V

Who else is getting this with LG tv?

Under Playstation 4 i get Playstation V

I did update the TV today.

xO7i2lY.png

Allywidd

Neo Member
Had this show up on my older LG, do you have the VR box, not sure its it picking the VR breakout box as well.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
My Samsung TV refuses to accept I have a Playstation, every time I rename the input a few days later it resets the name to HDMI 1.

I'm pretty sure MS have paid them to do this, it's the only conclusion I can draw, because the HDMI 2 port shows the Xbox logo in its full glory and the TV never forgets 🤪

You must have received a free update to PS5 via update.

I would check if it can play ps5 games if I were you. Sony must be feeling generous.

bronk

Banned
My Samsung TV refuses to accept I have a Playstation, every time I rename the input a few days later it resets the name to HDMI 1.

I'm pretty sure MS have paid them to do this, it's the only conclusion I can draw, because the HDMI 2 port shows the Xbox logo in its full glory and the TV never forgets 🤪
My Samsung does the same thing. Its so weird.

jaysius

Banned

PS4 Pro especially has some fun quirky HDCP handshake issues that are well documented from users but Sony has never admitted to.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
PS4 Pro especially has some fun quirky HDCP handshake issues that are well documented from users but Sony has never admitted to.
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me, mine is a PS4 Pro.

That said, I rename my HDMI 3 to 'Shield' (for my Nvidia Shield) and it forgets that too. Like I say it is only the Xbox that it doesn't do this, but that is because it detects that as an Xbox specifically and displays the logo itself, which I guess is to do with their partnership together 🤷‍♂️

jaysius

Banned
Yeah it wouldn't surprise me, mine is a PS4 Pro.

That said, I rename my HDMI 3 to 'Shield' (for my Nvidia Shield) and it forgets that too. Like I say it is only the Xbox that it doesn't do this, but that is because it detects that as an Xbox specifically and displays the logo itself, which I guess is to do with their partnership together 🤷‍♂️

I have an AVR and the quirky HDCP issue I've always had with my Pro and never any other console, is once per session it'll have a BLACK SCREEN flash for a few seconds, OR a multicolored one flash. Sometimes unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in "cures" it but it's very annoying, searching online, it appears many people have this issue, but Sony just ignores it, as it's possibly a hardware issue.

It's odd but it might be the HDMI cable, have you tried using the current Xbox cable on your PS4 Pro? Sometimes HDMI cables can be odd, but if the cable doesn't resolve the issue, then it's Sony's issue. Another thought is, do you need 4k? I don't so I turned on force HDCP 1.4 or something in the safe mode menu.

Last edited:

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
I have an AVR and the quirky HDCP issue I've always had with my Pro and never any other console, is once per session it'll have a BLACK SCREEN flash for a few seconds, OR a multicolored one flash. Sometimes unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in "cures" it but it's very annoying, searching online, it appears many people have this issue, but Sony just ignores it, as it's possibly a hardware issue.

It's odd but it might be the HDMI cable, have you tried using the current Xbox cable on your PS4 Pro? Sometimes HDMI cables can be odd, but if the cable doesn't resolve the issue, then it's Sony's issue. Another thought is, do you need 4k? I don't so I turned on force HDCP 1.4 or something in the safe mode menu.
I might try swapping the cables tonight then, see if that works. To be honest it doesn't annoy me massively, just enough to post in here 😆 In a few months my Pro will be relegated elsewhere and hopefully the PS5 will be better, but I may end up getting a new TV anyway (for HDMI 2.1 features).

-Arcadia-

Banned
Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
What's a PlayStation V? I'm pretty sure it's called PlayStation 5.

Edit: The PlayStation V(R) explanation makes sense.

Last edited:
Top Bottom