• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023

Art and animations are excellent and it'll definitely be more polished by the time it comes out. And really interesting mechanics mentioned on the SF6 site - can't wait to get hands on.

They also mention simple control inputs - which I'll never use. But from the site, you get less control over the characters if you use the simple control inputs.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

The ps blog/capcom site info sound mad interesting. Definitely wanting a beta hopefully as soon as possible lol.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Not entirely sold on this. Sort of disappointed they are still using the sf4 style aesthetic. But gameplay is king.
Not a Street fighter fan but I hated the 5's art direction, those skins looked like foam goddammit, can't stand it, I think the back to 4's at direction is a plus in my book

I think it looks great and love the artstyle. I'm glad SF is sticking to their own artstyle instead of just copying Guilty gear which I've seen so many people wanting . Loving everything I saw today for sf6 except damn crossgen bullshit.

I think cross gen is gonna last through 2024

Too much pandering to rap/urban culture and the FGC.
Confused Little Girl GIF

Naked Lunch

Got a 3rd Strike vibe from that - glad hiphop flavor is back.
Love the colors and paint splashes.
Not loving the new characters but ill give it a chance.
Looks like they are making some kinda open world thing for the single player peeps - does nothing for me but they are trying to expand which is good.

And thank god its not one console exclusive. Seriously - thank you Capcom.

Reactions: KO7

Bombolone

Gold Member
I'm not sure how people think this is better graphics/visuals, if they are going to stick with the old school character look then they could of done so much more with the graphical fidelity, the style is so off. I can't quite explain it but graphics/style wise, this does not look good at all. It's just some hybrid weird style with the character models being cartoony and slightly more realistic at the same time.
Yeah im staring at the pictures and something is weird. Im trying to find the right words.
Its not cohesive or... present? It goes in and out of itself.
There is an identity crisis going on (imo)
The texture work but also looking flat or stylized? The effects and rim lighting on characters makes it look cheap.

It reminds me of the new Ghost in The Shell Season 2 on netflix.

Environments look nice.

Im not making any sense.

I also expect Capcoms art to be top tier, but this doesnt hit it for me.

Will have to play it obviously. The open world hub has my interest.

CamHostage

Xbox leaving last gen versions behind! Good!

...?

It will be the same game, with or without an Xbox One version. Them making SF6 Xbox Series X/S-exclusive but still making it for PS4 and PC (with scaling into and maybe below that PS4-level spec) won't mean the Xbox version will be full of raytracing and Nanite and next-gen specialsauce. It'll be the same game, they just won't be selling it to Xbox One owners (unless they stream it, maybe.)

OsirisBlack

Banned
There's real time commentary now as a feature, that's pretty slick:

Edit: sick music too, glad to see SF6 will continue the great tracks from SF5

as annoying as the commentary mode is the video actually got me hyped for the game when I turned the volume ALL the way down. The combat and defensive abilities look awesome. Love How Chun Li's ass..... I mean parry is more Tai chi based in this game.

Glad its on all platforms but I think Playstation got the EVO nod so all of the FGC will more than likely be playing it their or on PC.

Last edited:

Aenima

The open world story or whatever it is, looks interesting. My dream SF would be a open world RPG where you then fight in the 2D plane, so this was close. But i might only buy it in a few years. Was not a fan of the constant seasons with new content on SF5, so this time i will wait a few years and grab it when they launch a more complete edition down the line.

CamHostage

Curious why SF6 isnt on the Xbox one?

I would imagine it's simply down to sales trends. There have been a number of games with PS4/5 and PC, sometimes even Switch, but then on the Xbox side it's Series-only. Either the audience is dwindling or something about the economics in the MS publishing contract has made Xbox One a less viable platform. (PS4 is also starting to fall out too, and it has nothing to do with "next-gen optimization" since you'll sometimes see PC/PS5/XbSeries but then also Switch. Interest in games for these old boxes is just tapering off, but it depends on the marketbase and financial circumstances whether they cut PS4+Xb1 out or keep one in the plans that might catch with their buyers.)

Not a Street fighter fan but I hated the 5's art direction, those skins looked like foam goddammit, can't stand it, I think the back to 4's at direction is a plus in my book

Huh? SFIV's art style was the garbage one, not V's xD. The art team even took after SF3 aesthetically for V. So far SFVI looks like a mix of 4 and 5, but if 4 actually looked good and they didn't have the clay hair & monstrous hands/feet of V

I do hope there are still some more muscularly-toned female fighters in this one, though. Maybe Chun is but gotta see her in a different outfit to make sure.

Chun Li is such a fetish for someone on that team.

Well deserved, too 😁👍

Love How Chun Li's ass..... I mean

57Dh6De.png

No you were right, keep going 😂

Glad its on all platforms but I think Playstation got the EVO nod so all of the FGC will more than likely be playing it their or on PC.

Most likely, especially considering if there are marketing rights involved, Sony will potentially get them. They will also likely be a sponsor for Capcom Cup again.

NikuNashi

less cartoony.
I still think capcom should have asked arksys to do a full makeover and make it look like modern day Guilty gear meets SFa2 / sf3.

But eh better looking then 4 and 5

Exactly, exactly what I wanted / expected.

Very disappointed with this ugly ass looking Tekken mocap style.

paolo11

There are two things I need to know for sf6

A) is the input combo system as lenient as V?

B) will the online be way better than V?

SSfox

Open world elements? Character Creation? Shitty new characters? Looks more like SF4? Bad music? making SFV seem like the 'good ol days' with this e-sports looking garbage? Looks like I'm gonna be playing SF EX for the rest of my life? I miss QSOUND
dce5isk-9cd40060-5484-4f6c-884b-43cb9990773b.png

Open world and character creation are for lobbies.

There has always been shitty new characters in every SF game post SF2

That's around 1% of the entire OST of the gane

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Open world elements? Character Creation? Shitty new characters? Looks more like SF4? Bad music? making SFV seem like the 'good ol days' with this e-sports looking garbage? Looks like I'm gonna be playing SF EX for the rest of my life? I miss QSOUND
dce5isk-9cd40060-5484-4f6c-884b-43cb9990773b.png
that looks nothing like SF4.

4579601-characterart-daphne-sd.jpg

Last edited:
FlrhXLm.png

Looks like one of the other new characters, most likely related to the new guy Jamie.

...wait never mind, those are two long braided pigtails on her, Jamie just has the one long braided ponytail. Her outfit style also looks a bit different from his so she might have a different fighting style.

Last edited:

Justin9mm

Yeah im staring at the pictures and something is weird. Im trying to find the right words.
Its not cohesive or... present? It goes in and out of itself.
There is an identity crisis going on (imo)
The texture work but also looking flat or stylized? The effects and rim lighting on characters makes it look cheap.

It reminds me of the new Ghost in The Shell Season 2 on netflix.

Environments look nice.

Im not making any sense.

I also expect Capcoms art to be top tier, but this doesnt hit it for me.

Will have to play it obviously. The open world hub has my interest.
Yeah that's the thing, I can't quite put my finger on it, it looks off like two separate teams were working on it and didn't communicate with each other. It looks over stylized with trying to be new generation but it's not. I dunno, I just know it doesn't look right imo.

Last edited:

yurinka

I'd have prefered an anime-ish artstyle similar to Street Fighter III and Street Fighter Alpha, but other than this I like what I see, seems interesting and fresh.

I can imagine that in the World Tour mode you travel around looking for fights with a character that you can customize, and can fight other players or NPCs. The character redesigns, new characters, new game modes, new gameplay mechanics seem good and interesting.

Regarding the song let's hope it's only for the trailers (I don't like this type of music but I know many people likes it) and that instead they feature more SF2 and SFEX like music.

Anyway, also noticed this:

bA0EJud.png

Most likely Damnd from Final Fight:

tfkgfEC.jpg

Maybe he'll be another of the playable characters?
He appears several times in the trailer, I assume Damnd is a playable character. At the end of the trailer also appears what seems to be a new female character.
image.png

Where is Chun-Li's thickness ?
Seems this time they reduced her boobs and covered all her skin to make her taliban and woke gang friendly.

Extremely bold move from Capcom not to put it on Switch given that that’s what sells in Japan
Visuals already look a bit dated because the game is crossgen. It would have been looked like garbage if also released on Switch. Plus the crossplay with the Switch's McDonalds wifi would have been hell. No, thanks.

Buy a more modern console, a PC or if you want it portable a SteamDeck.

Coming to PS4/5, XSX/S and PC (Steam)

• The game features two new modes: World tour, an "immersive single-player story experience", and Battle Hub (online stuff)
  • Coming to PS4/5, XSX/S and PC (Steam)
  • New character named Jamie (and possiibly another one named Kimberly?
  • Luke confirmed to be a gamer
  • New mechanic: Drive System (perform 5 different techs to enhance offense/defense)
  • New modern control type being implemented for newer players
Extra info and direct feed screenshots (sadly at 1536x864 resolution, CapcomUnity staff scaled them down) in CapcomUnity just in case you want to add them to the OP:
https://news.capcomusa.com/2022/06/02/street-fighter-6-redefines-the-genre-in-2023/

Edit: there are even more artwork and higher quality screenshots and videos at Gamersyde:
https://www.gamersyde.com/news_street_fighter_6_in_2023-22958_en.html
SF6_PR_1-1024x576.jpg

street_fighter_6_in_2023-22958.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0003.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0004.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0006.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0007.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0010.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0011.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0013.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0015.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0017.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0020.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0024.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0021.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0022.jpg

image_street_fighter_6-44362-4908_0025.jpg

Friendly reminder: the final Street Fighter V and IV games looked better than the first screenshots released for these games. Probably we'll see some improvements once the game gets released.

Last edited:
Chun's new look kind of reminds me of a more mature Virtua Fighter Pai, which I guess only makes sense given Pai was based around Chun-Li. The circle is finally complete.

He appears several times in the trailer, I assume Damnd is a playable character. At the end of the trailer also appears what seems to be a new female character.

Yeah most likely. The new girl's name appears to be Kimberly going off what a few others are saying.

Seems this time they reduced her boobs and covered all her skin to make her taliban and woke gang friendly.

Could partially be the outfit making it appear that way but her butt is still definitely there. Plus there are always the modders who will make right any wrongs (part of the reason I'll also pick this up on PC).

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
It looks fucking awesome but at the same time looks shit, like wtf happened to Chun Li?
The art style of this game is going to cause a rift imo.

It looks fucking awesome but at the same time looks shit, like wtf happened to Chun Li?
The art style of this game is going to cause a rift imo.

Art style seems identical to 5's. The characters are just being portrayed differently cause they are supposed to be aged classic characters. They are trying to make Chun Li look mature and not so young anymore

yurinka

Could partially be the outfit making it appear that way but her butt is still definitely there. Plus there are always the modders who will make right any wrongs (part of the reason I'll also pick this up on PC).
Yes, and seems we'll be able to customize a character. Let's hope it includes a character editor with the boobs slider and so on. Btw I love your new avatar xDDDD

Curious why SF6 isnt on the Xbox one?
Sony holding next gen back /s
In the Capcom leaked mails from 2020 mentioned XBO, XBS, PS4, PS5, PC versions. Seems Capcom originally was going to make it crossgen and multiplatform, Sony went there later and asked for a exclusive but was generous and only got the old gen. Or who knows, maybe Sony isn't implied and Capom decided it doesn't make sense to release it on XBO due to too low potential sales there.

So are we finally moving past Street Fighter 3 story wise?
Yes. In fact parts of the SFV story already were after 3rd Strike

Last edited:

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Top Bottom