• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 is releasing in 2023

Draugoth

Gold Member
FUR9c2oX0AQrU5-

Coming to PS4/5, XSX/S and PC (Steam)

• The game features two new modes: World tour, an "immersive single-player story experience", and Battle Hub (online stuff)
  • Coming to PS4/5, XSX/S and PC (Steam)
  • New character named Jamie (and possiibly another one named Kimberly?
  • Luke confirmed to be a gamer
  • New mechanic: Drive System (perform 5 different techs to enhance offense/defense)
  • New modern control type being implemented for newer players

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
This looks really interesting. More than just another Street Fighter with better graphics, but an actual story this time where you can go around the world.
Cross-gen is really disappointing though.

Saber

Gold Member
Looks fine I guess.
The art of those 2 characters looks better than in game models.
Also, I like they feel like bringing back SF4 mechanics.

nikos

Damn, there's a lot in this trailer and most of it looks amazing. I just hope it doesn't feel stiff to play. That's something I didn't like about SFV. Last gen inclusion is also disappointing, hope it doesn't hold it back.

Really looking forward to seeing more.

SSfox

HOLY SHIET, it pisses me off it's cross gen, but outside it looks different than i excpect it to be, looks nice i would say, hard to comment on gameplay thus far. Chun looks nice, and that new capo guy looks weird (No Elena confirmed?

And what was that PS home shiet lmao?

Nautilus

Banned
It serms that campaign will be a major feature in this entry! You can see early in the trailer the character free roaming through the enviroment, and that got me hyped

KAOS

Reminds me of DOA now. I don't think it looks as good as MK 11 but it's still early I guess. Excited to see the new gameplay mechanics.

Tiamat2san

Love the stages but I don’t like the splashing effects.

I wonder what are the open world sections.
Just a big hub or maybe it’s for the story mode.
I hope so.

Called it, some interest. Doesn’t really hype me up, Luke is so bad.

He actually seems a bit more likeable in this one vs. SFV, but that other new dude looks a LOT cooler design and moveset-wise IMHO. He should be the new lead IMO. Lau, Lei, and Duck King rolled into one is hype.

I'm pretty optimistic for SFVI so long as there's enough good single-player content (I hope they take another shot at Cinematic Story Mode at least with having in-game cutscenes) and netcode especially is solid this time around. Hope they don't dumb down the game mechanics or inputs again though.

Chun-Li looking as gorgeous as ever too 😍

EDIT: Still kind of worried they're supporting PS4 but I guess it can't be helped. Even tho I have a PS4 I want this on PS5.

Last edited:

OsirisBlack

Banned
He actually seems a bit more likeable in this one vs. SFV, but that other new dude looks a LOT cooler design and moveset-wise IMHO. He should be the new lead IMO. Lau, Lei, and Duck King rolled into one is hype.

I'm pretty optimistic for SFVI so long as there's enough good single-player content (I hope they take another shot at Cinematic Story Mode at least with having in-game cutscenes) and netcode especially is solid this time around. Hope they don't dumb down the game mechanics or inputs again though.

Chun-Li looking as gorgeous as ever too 😍

EDIT: Still kind of worried they're supporting PS4 but I guess it can't be helped. Even tho I have a PS4 I want this on PS5.
Chun Li is waifu, I really am hoping for a better starting place than we got with V. Glad V wound up being what it is though I absolutely love it now days.

Could of done without the overly edgelord trailer, but the gameplay snipets looked fine.
I take it this will be on PC too.

Yeah; PS4/5, Series X/S and Steam (PC). PS5 & PC are going to be my routes, the latter simply for the mods 😁

Chun Li is waifu, I really am hoping for a better starting place than we got with V. Glad V wound up being what it is though I absolutely love it now days.

She's been waifu since '92 and better than ever it's crazy 😂

This one should be able to avoid all the troubles SFV had at launch, but yeah with that said it's great that SFV was able to turn things around so well. I think Season 3 & the Arcade Edition releasing were the turning point for many.

Last edited:

[Sigma]

Looks like the game will start off slow again and probably speed up over time. Some chunkiness but im sure that will get ironed out before release. Visuals look great. Need more info on the systems. And Jamie looks sick.:messenger_fire::messenger_sunglasses:

Top Bottom