• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Streamer mistreats his wife and his son while streaming live.

bigedole

14 pages of people excusing this shit. Absolutely unbelievable. I imagine, and also desperately hope, that the majority of the worst offenders are single and remain single.

There is a relatively small number of people actively excusing it and a large number of people acknowledging she acted crappy in response to him being a crappy partner, and then he responded in an absolutely terrible way to her crappiness.

Fahdis

There is a relatively small number of people actively excusing it and a large number of people acknowledging she acted crappy in response to him being a crappy partner, and then he responded in an absolutely terrible way to her crappiness.

Pretty much this, also a lot better than that other stupid forum where the condemnation reflects the mind-hive mentality. At least over hear you can see variable opinions.

Corrik

No matter what people want to say. Generally, men are physically superior in terms of force. I don't condone men hitting women in any way, despite how much a woman could have it coming to her.

This video is a person who is being antagonized and frustrated to the point that they snapped and made a mistake. A very serious mistake. A mistake that deserves punishment.

The girl is clearly emotionally abusing him at the beginning. She knows what will upset him and is doing it purposely to elicit a response.

That said, just because she is being emotionally abusive doesn't make it right to hit her.

I suspect both will be charged as it is a he said she said argument where both will say they were attacked, and it will end up dropped as neither wants charges against them.

However, the guy should have never hit her, and as hypocritical it is for me to say this because my relationship isn't all roses either, they should have been evaluating the relationship and its effect on their children if it was that bad.

Last edited:

llien

I don't know what you are referring to here?
A woman can decide she's not ready to become a mother and the state will free her of any sort of responsibility.
A men cannot decide he's not ready to become a father.
In like... any country I know.

As for incarceration gap, for pretty much any metric used to show racial bias in US judiciary, there is several times bigger gender gap (after accounting for severity of the crime, whether it is first time or not, etc)

Well, in academia and Europe in generally I'd say the term feminism is reasonably well defined, so you don't always have to specify.
Well, no, not at all.
Ironically, even in the context of this very forum any concrete example often ends with "not that type of feminists".
There are, e.g. intersectional feminists, trans exclusionary feinists, equity feminists, feminists suggesting to reduce population of men to 10%, etc.

PM if you like.
Well, it isn't something personal and, unlike what was said above, is actually on topic.

A very theoretical scenario (I didn't even fully watch the videos in this thread, not to get too frustrated), which will get more detailed in the next step, although not necessarily the same way as the incident in OP:

A weak person A is very displeased with what a bit stronger person B, is doing.
B is not disturbing anyone while doing that.
A attacks B first verbally, then physically.
B responds, first verbally, then physically.

Questions:
1) Does gender matter, if yes, why, and if no, why?
2) Is either A or B clearly a victim with nothing to blame for?

Last edited:
No matter what people want to say. Generally, men are physically superior in terms of force. I don't condone men hitting women in any way, despite how much a woman could have it coming to her.

This video is a person who is being antagonized and frustrated to the point that they snapped and made a mistake. A very serious mistake. A mistake that deserves punishment.

The girl is clearly emotionally abusing him at the beginning. She knows what will upset him and is doing it purposely to elicit a response.

That said, just because she is being emotionally abusive doesn't make it right to hit her.

I suspect both will be charged as it is a he said she said argument where both will say they were attacked, and it will end up dropped as neither wants charges against them.

However, the guy should have never hit her, and as hypocritical it is for me to say this because my relationship isn't all roses either, they should have been evaluating the relationship and its effect on their children if it was that bad.

Agreed. There are all sorts of wrongs going on here--the wife deliberately antagonizing him, the husband physically assaulting her. We don't know what either one was doing to the other in the minutes, days, or years preceding. All we have is a snippet where he ultimately crossed the line, and it's good that authorities were called. I feel bad for the children that have to watch their parents fight like this--I personally know what happens when you're raised in a broken home full of neglect and abuse.

Here's hoping they both get marriage counseling for their kids' sake and can become better people than this.

Wunray

If you threw a box at me I'd probably call you a child.
Given what we have seen him do on stream in front of people online I could only imagine what he does when the cameras are off. With that being said I believe this woman was clearly reaching her boiling point. With the tone of your comment I hope you don't side with the streamer here.

She asked him to come to dinner, he said let me finish, she starts throwing stuff.
Yeah the dude is an asshole and escalated things way too far. But she was acting childish.
I agree with everything except the childish part.

From start to finish throwing a temper tantrum and crying like a baby?
I think she was crying from something else.......

BANGS

Banned
I think she was crying from something else.......
Lack of attention, presumably... she couldn't have actually been crying because he hit her, or else she wouldn't have kept provoking him over and over again after the first time...

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wives should be robots and not get temperamental when they feel their husbands are being awful to their families because having tantrums over such petty matters like family life is childish so it's partially their fault if things escalate to violence, granted he took it too far and should be punished because I'm not a misogynist to claim otherwise but we should also attempt to explain why he reached that point, what her contributions to that situation were, and that's not victim blaming, it's merely so we can then teach other women to not do that and end up abused too, in front of the poor kids no less. /s just in case

Last edited:

kingbean

Given what we have seen him do on stream in front of people online I could only imagine what he does when the cameras are off. With that being said I believe this woman was clearly reaching her boiling point. With the tone of your comment I hope you don't side with the streamer here.

You could read what I posted above.

Nothing about this is right. Don't hit your SO, if it comes to that just break it off. The wife's reaction to him streaming instead of eating is excessive, but probably because ole boy is a shithead even when he's not slapping her.

If the escalation was like that on both sides they clearly don't need to be together.
I'm on the side of them both making stupid decisions and that he's clearly a shit head for hitting her.

EDIT: Removed text because I didn't want to come across as antagonistic.

Last edited:

BANGS

Banned
Wives should be robots and not have temper tantrums when they feel their husbands are being awful to their families because having tantrums over such petty matters like family life is childish so it's partially their fault if things escalate to violence, granted he took it too far and should be punished because I'm not a misogynist to claim otherwise but we should also attempt to explain why he reached that point, what her contributions to that situation were, and that's not victim blaming, it's merely so we can then teach other women to not do that and end up abused too, in front of the poor kids no less. /s just in case
Well, yeah, it is childish for grown ass adults with kids of their own to throw temper tantrums. In this case, SHE was the one who escalated it to violence by throwing shit at him and his stuff. This isn't about teaching women how to not get beat up, this is about personal responsibility to ALL adults male or female. If you don't want to get your ass kicked, don't provoke somebody and throw shit at them... especially when they're simply asking to be left alone... pretty simple concept really...

Funny thing is, if the roles were reversed, and some female gamer were streaming and being berated and having shit thrown at her by her husband all while pleading to just be left alone, this topic would be full of people cheering her on for slapping the shit out of him... but ya know, sexism and all that...

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Well, yeah, it is childish for grown ass adults with kids of their own to throw temper tantrums. In this case, SHE was the one who escalated it to violence by throwing shit at him and his stuff. This isn't about teaching women how to not get beat up, this is about personal responsibility to ALL adults male or female. If you don't want to get your ass kicked, don't provoke somebody and throw shit at them... especially when they're simply asking to be left alone... pretty simple concept really...

Funny thing is, if the roles were reversed, and some female gamer were streaming and being berated and having shit thrown at her by her husband all while pleading to just be left alone, this topic would be full of people cheering her on for slapping the shit out of him... but ya know, sexism and all that...

The guy is playing Fortnite 8+ hours a day and neglecting his family...

Raven117

Nah. There most definitely are times where raising your hand against a women is acceptable. You don't need to beat the shit out of a girl because one good smack is going to make her realise she can't walk all over you because "men shouldn't hit women".

I would try way, way harder to defuse a situation with a girl but if there wasn't an easy way to walk away from a situation and she hit me first, then continued to do so, I would most definitely hit her back.

I don't give a fuck what your gender is. You hit me, be prepared to be hit back.

Just to be clear, I've never hit a women and have been slapped before. The threshold for physical retaliation is high.
Did I stutter?

And besides, if one is in a relationship regardless of gender who is being hit, then like any relationship, get out.

(Pointy comments aside), this really is for the man's protection as well as the women's. A women, hitting a man is simply not going to do alot of damage, but if a man even half speed, retaliates, the legal consequences are dire.

Yall can argue all you want about whether its fair or whatever, but the practical reality of the situation is that (1) men should not hit women, and (2) legal consequences of hitting a women far outweigh whatever physical damage the women may have caused whatever the justification.

Zog

Banned

This is 100% true. Any man acting like she did would be considered abusive and controlling.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Do people really find it fun streaming while gaming. To me it feels like its going to be really distracting and kill any immersion.

G-Bus

Banned
Did I stutter?

And besides, if one is in a relationship regardless of gender who is being hit, then like any relationship, get out.

(Pointy comments aside), this really is for the man's protection as well as the women's. A women, hitting a man is simply not going to do alot of damage, but if a man even half speed, retaliates, the legal consequences are dire.

Yall can argue all you want about whether its fair or whatever, but the practical reality of the situation is that (1) men should not hit women, and (2) legal consequences of hitting a women far outweigh whatever physical damage the women may have caused whatever the justification.

No, you didn't stutter... What?

We'll just agree to disagree. I firmly believe in what I'm saying and I can see you do as well. It's all good.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Thats how the dude get his money. PLus there is no immersion when it comes to games like fornite.
Thats true, I guess thats what these games are made for. Same way first person horror games are made for YouTube reaction videos.

Alexios

He was a full time engineer until this incident, if you see no problem with having a full time job, and then streaming for that many hours on top, and then likely sleeping at some point, and also eating alone given the situation in the video, means it's likely you're neglecting your wife and 2, soon 3 children, which means she's very likely way past her own tipping point of "annoyance" to say the least as you want to accuse her of being annoying herself, then you have no concept of what a relationship is. Which wouldn't surprise me. You're horrible beings and as far from a (hu)man as one can be. It's pure bullshit you're trying to spin this as some hard working man who is stopped from earning bread for his family by a hag of a wife who can't understand basic shit about their livelihood and is plotting against him rather than see this as a cry for something to happen so the family can be saved, which he completely fails to do and instead goes in the complete opposite direction further condemning its future.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
He was a full time engineer until this incident, if you see no problem with having a full time job, and then streaming for that many hours on top, and then likely sleeping at some point, and also eating alone given the situation in the video, means it's likely you're neglecting your wife and 2, soon 3 children, which means she's very likely way past her own tipping point of "annoyance" to say the least as you want to accuse her of being annoying herself, then you have no concept of what a relationship is. Which wouldn't surprise me. You're horrible beings and as far from a (hu)man as one can be. It's pure bullshit you're trying to spin this as some hard working man who is stopped from earning bread for his family by a hag of a wife who can't understand basic shit about their livelihood and is plotting against him rather than see this as a cry for something to happen so the family can be saved, which he completely fails to do and instead goes in the complete opposite direction further condemning its future.

If a man did this to his wife complete with throwing things at her, would you have the same reaction?

If they haven't already ended the relationship, they'll have a lot of bonding time available at the unemployment line now that he's been fired.

Alexios

If a man did this to his wife complete with throwing things at her, would you have the same reaction?
If the context was the same? Sure, why not? You though? Maybe you'd berate him for not being manly like yourself instead just as you ignore the context in this case to make her seem evil and him normal.

And yes, plenty men act out when they feel neglected or mistreated, how's that news to you? People aren't robots to resolve every issue like they're in a court room and never push each other's buttons.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I'm sorry but how is that relevant to anything you just quoted? Care to make the connection for me?

You are arguing that she provoked him and brought this on herself. I would say this guy started it by blowing off his pregnant wife and two kids to play a video game all day.

Thats how the dude get his money. PLus there is no immersion when it comes to games like fornite.

This guy had a day job until he got fired after this story broke.

Last edited:

Zog

Banned
If the context was the same? Sure, why not? You though? Maybe you'd berate him for not being manly like yourself instead just as you ignore the context in this case to make her seem evil and him normal.

And yes, plenty men act out when they feel neglected or mistreated, how's that news to you?

Manly like myself? I am calling for equality here, not feminist equality, not chivalry but actual equality.

I just know that the double standards are real and a man demanding his wife's time, verbally abusing her and throwing things at her would NOT be excused like her actions have been. Deep down, I am sure that you know it too.

Corrik

Does having a full time job mean you cannot do anything you enjoy also without it being neglect?

I mean, who knows what led to this. We can only judge what we have seen happen here.

Zog

Banned
You are arguing that she provoked him and brought this on herself. I would say this guy started it by blowing off his pregnant wife and two kids to play a video game all day.
Just to be clear, you are saying that if a woman ignored her husband and family for a hobby that the husband is ok to verbally harass her and throw things at her?

Last edited:

Alexios

No what's obvious here is you're excusing his behavior based on her behavior which you can't tolerate despite not knowing the reasons for it, being unwilling to accept the evidence towards said reasons, but you'd certainly be eager to protect him from those imaginary people you're sure would accuse him had the roles been reversed without examining the context by saying the same old shit, that a woman would be excused (yet you're not excusing her). You're both condemning her behavior as is and and at the same time show you believe that he would unfairly not be excused or rather understood had he been in her shoes. Those are your double standards, not everyone else's. People fight in relationships, she was fighting, he abused her in return to that, he didn't return abuse where it started, what she did was quite far from that. It's not harassment to demand attention from a family member who is not giving his or her due and if a fight over it doesn't make them realize that then sure you can believe separating is for the best. Clearly the guy did far from realizing it just like you folks. Of course whether they remain together or not is not for any bystander to say, it's up to them to find agreement even after this or not.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Does having a full time job mean you cannot do anything you enjoy also without it being neglect?

I mean, who knows what led to this. We can only judge what we have seen happen here.

In moderation. If you have a full time job, pregnant wife and two kids you can’t play Fortnite for 8 hours all the time.

Zog

Banned
No what's obvious here is you're excusing his behavior based on her behavior which you can't tolerate despite not knowing the reasons for it, being unwilling to accept the evidence towards said reasons, but you'd certainly be eager to protect him from those imaginary people you're sure would accuse him had the roles been reversed without examining the context. You're both condemning her behavior as is and and at the same time show you believe that he would unfairly not be excused or rather understood had he been in her shoes. Those are your double standards, not everyone else's. People fight in relationships, she was fighting, he abused her, he didn't return abuse, what she did was quite far from that.

No one is excusing his behavior. If that's your only argument, you've lost.

cr0w

Old Member
I don't see why one party has to be completely absolved in the process of admonishing the other party for being a gigantic piece of shit. Both of them were in the wrong, but their actions are extremely disproportionate. I sincerely hope that if the roles were reversed people would reach the same conclusion.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Just to be clear, you are saying that if a woman ignored her husband and family for a hobby that the husband is ok to verbally harass her and throw things at her?

Verbal harassment? Couples argue. I don’t agree with throwing things, but you seem very focused on this flimsy piece of cardboard.

KrisB

It's all about balance. There's no way he is spending any decent amount time with his kids and wife if he has (had now) a full time job, and then spending 8 hours on Fortnite which is the equivalent of a full time job here in Australia.

I have a daughter and I work full time plus run a business but I make sure to only game when she is sleeping. I cook and clean daily while spending plenty of time with her and helping my partner out.

Alexios

No one is excusing his behavior. If that's your only argument, you've lost.
I mean, that's one response here. Nothing about the abuse, just her being annoying because clearly that's all that matters to this guy, her actions, out of context, and not his actions in any way.
Why was she being annoying? Leave the man alone and let him pay the bills.
And then you're quoting and agreeing with that stance, with only commenting that she did it knowing she would be excused by having it on cam. Like, what the fuck kind of logic is that? Wouldn't she also be excused if nobody other than her and her husband knew she was "being annoying" she has to have you see it to be excused when you're doing anything but?

So don't give that shit, you're constantly victim blaming. Yeah he's bad, but she's bad. Yeah he's bad, but she's not letting him earn a living. Yeah he's bad, but a man in her shoes would be considered bad. Yeah he's bad, but you feminists and SJWs are piling on the poor guy. That's excusing. Not explicitly saying shit like beating women rocks is not somehow making this shit less than shitty excusing.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

Verbal harassment? Couples argue. I don’t agree with throwing things, but you seem very focused on this flimsy piece of cardboard.
We don't know if that was the only thing being thrown around though, and she was also messing with the equipment.

BANGS

Banned
The difference is she acted crazy and violent, so she should expect a crazy and violent reaction. There is nothing crazy and violent about playing video games all day and neglecting your family, so no, he didn't start this scenario. If your significant other is neglecting you and your family, you tell them to step their game up or this relationship is over, you don't start screaming and throwing shit. Just end the relationship, done...

Just like when your wife starts screaming and throwing shit at you, it's time to end the relationship. Instead he chose to hit her because he's fucked...

Last edited:

cr0w

Old Member
The difference is she acted crazy and violent, so she should expect a crazy and violent reaction. There is nothing crazy and violent about playing video games all day and neglecting your family, so no, he didn't start this scenario. If your significant other is neglecting you and your family, you tell them to step their game up or this relationship is over, you don't start screaming and throwing shit. Just end the relationship, done...

Just like when your wife starts screaming and throwing shit at you, it's time to end the relationship. Instead he chose to hit her because he's fucked...

Bingo. The second violence enters the building, the person on the receiving end needs to exit. Even if it's not physical, it will eventually escalate to that if it's not handled. Once the abuser stops receiving the desired reaction, they will step things up to get that reaction.

I really doubt this is the first incident with this guy, because one doesn't simply wake up one day and decide, "I'm gonna fucking slap my wife in the face, I'll tell you what!". They have small kids and she's pregnant again, so it may not be the easiest decision, but she needed to remove herself and their kids from the situation before it got to this point instead of staying and (I'm really not trying to victim blame here at all, honest) egging him on if she knew what he was capable of. I'm speaking on this from personal experience...my stepfather was abusive, and I witnessed him beating the hell out of my mother multiple times over the years. HOWEVER, my mother is the absolute world's worst at pushing peoples' buttons, and she deliberately did things to get a rise out of him to the point where he simply lost it. It wasn't until I was older and big enough to get between them that it stopped, and that required me to tell both of them to fucking cut the shit or they'd both be through the walls they were currently standing closest to. In the years after, my mom moved on to another relationship which, shockingly, ended up the same way because she just can't fucking stand NOT pushing someone's buttons, and my stepdad has spent the years since regretting everything that happened in those years because he legitimately wanted to be a good husband and father, but he had an issue with alcohol due to lingering issues from his days in Vietnam and my mother jumped at any chance she got to antagonize him when he was drinking. In fact, just last year I talked to him for the first time in a decade and we went over and resolved a lot of things from my childhood that I have a completely different perspective on now that I'm pushing 40 and have a much different view of things. Meanwhile, I barely talk to my mother because she's thoroughly unpleasant to be around and I feel drained even being in the same room with her. She always used the excuse of, "Everything I did was to make sure you had a good life and never wanted for anything", which is complete and utter bullshit because if she really meant that shit she wouldn't have kept me in that environment for 15+ years.

Situations like this aren't black and white at all, but at some point someone has to be the adult and remove themselves from the situation instead of digging in deeper and making it worse.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Divorce him now and keep the kids away!
The only problem is, how are you 100% they're better off with her? No one knows anything about this relationship, and we're all just sitting here judging their whole life from a 4 minute video where both of them were acting stupid.

Bingo. The second violence enters the building, the person on the receiving end needs to exit. Even if it's not physical, it will eventually escalate to that if it's not handled. Once the abuser stops receiving the desired reaction, they will step things up to get that reaction.

I really doubt this is the first incident with this guy, because one doesn't simply wake up one day and decide, "I'm gonna fucking slap my wife in the face, I'll tell you what!". They have small kids and she's pregnant again, so it may not be the easiest decision, but she needed to remove herself and their kids from the situation before it got to this point instead of staying and (I'm really not trying to victim blame here at all, honest) egging him on if she knew what he was capable of. I'm speaking on this from personal experience...my stepfather was abusive, and I witnessed him beating the hell out of my mother multiple times over the years. HOWEVER, my mother is the absolute world's worst at pushing peoples' buttons, and she deliberately did things to get a rise out of him to the point where he simply lost it. It wasn't until I was older and big enough to get between them that it stopped, and that required me to tell both of them to fucking cut the shit or they'd both be through the walls they were currently standing closest to. In the years after, my mom moved on to another relationship which, shockingly, ended up the same way because she just can't fucking stand NOT pushing someone's buttons, and my stepdad has spent the years since regretting everything that happened in those years because he legitimately wanted to be a good husband and father, but he had an issue with alcohol due to lingering issues from his days in Vietnam and my mother jumped at any chance she got to antagonize him when he was drinking. In fact, just last year I talked to him for the first time in a decade and we went over and resolved a lot of things from my childhood that I have a completely different perspective on now that I'm pushing 40 and have a much different view of things. Meanwhile, I barely talk to my mother because she's thoroughly unpleasant to be around and I feel drained even being in the same room with her. She always used the excuse of, "Everything I did was to make sure you had a good life and never wanted for anything", which is complete and utter bullshit because if she really meant that shit she wouldn't have kept me in that environment for 15+ years.

Situations like this aren't black and white at all, but at some point someone has to be the adult and remove themselves from the situation instead of digging in deeper and making it worse.

Yeah. There are always stories and history behind these. I wish people always think of these first and know we have counselling for a valid reason. If you can't deal with your issues, seek help. Counselling can help a lot.

Last edited:

Athena~

Banned
The only problem is, how are you 100% they're better off with her? No one knows anything about this relationship, and we're all just sitting here judging their whole life from a 4 minute video where both of them were acting stupid.

Speaking from experiences, I would rather get cardboard thrown at me than getting punched.

And yeah we are just judging from the video. For all we know the man could be much worse than what we saw.

I really hope some people here dont have family's or are planning on having one. Your wife handling 2 kids and pregnant and is begging you to come and you telling her to fuck off because your playing a game your a a piece of shit no debate you get up there and slap her because she called you out on being a unless tool your subhuman trash ya dont need to white knight be on the right or be an sjw to understand that.

Never hit your SO unless your life is in immediate danger . Simple.

Zog

Banned
You didn't answer the question. I asked: Just to be clear, you are saying that if a woman ignored her husband and family for a hobby that the husband is ok to verbally harass her and throw things at her?

Top Bottom