• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Snoop Dogg and His Son Are Launching Death Row Games

havoc00

Snoop Dogg and his son, Cordell Broadus, are officially launching Death Row Games.

According to reports, the new arm of Death Row Records will focus on giving minority creators and artists a platform to develop and publish for Fortnite using the game’s Unreal Editor. “We’ve been creating games, and none of them has been published anything on a huge scale, but on a very amateur level,” Broadus told AFROTECH. “We’ve been around games for the last five to six years. And Snoop, he’s done mobile games. A few of them in the past five to six years in apps and stuff like that. So we’ve always had the mindset of building it on our own.”

He added, “We felt like let’s really put resources into building Death Row Games and making a home for diverse creators in the gaming ecosystem and be a part of the narrative, the storytelling of what the next game should be looking like. And I keep saying ‘show representation of the culture in these sectors,’ versus us just being the talent. We wanted to make sure that we’re part of the decision that’s being made and more importantly tell these stories from diverse creators and focus on creatives in underserved communities.”

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I wish them both luck. the Gaming community will not be as kind as the people who listen to music. Hope they are ready for that.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Not going to knock the household but I see nothing about you coming out of this but credit to him and his son or something cool for themselves

havoc00

Don't let Suge Knight know about this or he'll send his men to kill Neil Druckmann.

petty-family-nwp.gif

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I’m on board as long as it leads to either a sequel or spiritual successor to 50 Cent: Blood On The Sand.

That, is what you call an underrated game.

Last edited:

RavageX

Here I was thinking this would be a revival of the Def Jam games in some form. (The first 2...not that Icon shit)

Very, very disappointed.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I bought it for like 70 bucks over the summer and don’t regret it one bit

And I bet you got more fun out of that $70 than you did for most other shit this year.

I say it all the time, hold on to those “older” games (6th and 7th gen stuff especially)

Pejo

Tax shelter the game company
I mean there's less conspicuous ways to do that. He could have opened a mattress store.

I hope his first game is a Cooking Mama ripoff, just to throw everybody off.

Wish I had the opportunity to start a gaming company with my dad.

Top Bottom