• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STRANGER THINGS 4 Vol. 1 is coming May 27.

YCoCg

Damn it's been soo long I only remember that season one was good, season two was something about Ghostbusters costumes and hipster kids in the city and season three was a mall with neverending story cringe scene.

MGHA

Shows needs 1 to 2 seasons tops. After that it becomes a chore to watch. See, it’s like poetry. It rhymes. Must be true.

Stitch

Gold Member
Shows needs 1 to 2 seasons tops. After that it becomes a chore to watch. See, it’s like poetry. It rhymes. Must be true.

the sopranos hbo GIF

the show isn't nearly good enough to have people wait 3 years in between seasons

I've pretty much stopped caring, don't remember most of what happened in the first seasons, and have no desire to rewatch them.

bitbydeath

I enjoyed season 2, that was the season Sean Astin played Bob, and the story directly followed the events of the first.

They did have that one shitty episode that should have been cut with new kids in the city which felt like it had the $5 budget of a Neill Blomkamp movie.

Last edited:

Ionian

Ha, was gonna post I didn't know it was still on as I stopped paying attention after Season 2. Seems like I wasn't the only one.

3 year gap between seasons though? I know pandemic etc. but even then that's a massive break for a show about (then) kids.

I enjoyed season 2, that was the season Sean Astin played Bob, and the story directly followed the events of the first.

They did have that one shitty episode that should have been cut with new kids in the city which felt like it had the $5 budget of a Neill Blomkamp movie.
After season 5, they're planning spin offs so I wouldn't be shocked if one of those shows focuses on the psychic kids.

Anyone know how long they plan on keeping this show going?!…College Years?…Pretend they’re still in high school for 2/3 more seasons?

Last edited:

sol_bad

I loved the 1st season, thought the second season was average and really enjoyed the 3rd season. I hope the quality stays high and that they can stick the landing. Then a nice Blu ray set please.

Melon Husk

Stranger Things 4.1
survivor-shocked.gif

Off to a good start!

Does not feel "tired" at all.

These streaming shows tend to fizzle out after the first 3 episodes so we'll see.

Edit: wrong thread!

Last edited:

Catphish

I've seen the first four episodes.

Some things bother me, like another convenient D&D tie in, the oversaturation of the nostalgia element, and Hopper running like a sprint champ on a broken-ass foot, but, so far, it's not bad, and has me less angry than Season 3, which is nice.

We'll see how it goes.

Just finished watching season 4.

Damn I didn’t think they could get any more life out of another season. And that first episode had me suspecting they were running out of fresh ideas. And yet somehow, it really came together nicely over the 7 episodes!

These writers really impressed me! I have to hand it to them. I didn't think they could pull it off. What an excellently crafted piece of work!

Top Bottom