• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A new Jurassic World movie is in the works.

Lunarorbit

I watched the original 3 this holiday and I still really like them.

Besides kinda liking jurassic world I didn't even bother with the last movie. They really ran out of ideas; how many times do I have to see some shadowy organization try to steal dinosaurs?

I want to be hyped but I'll reserve that until we get closer to release

Honestly most of the film is bad, I feel it’s likely only remembered fondly due to nostalgia and the fact that it’s the only sequel Spielberg directed of the series

-the gymnastics part was covered

-most of the main ”heroes” are idiots and/or assholes. They are supposed to be smart, yet think trying to help a baby T-Rex won’t end with the mother trying to murder the shit out of them. They demonize the hunters for trying to capture the dinosaurs and put them in a zoo, but then the hunters save their asses and our “heroes” STILL act all critical towards them (Malcolm giving the lead hunter shit for making light of their teammate’s death despite that being mainly the fault of Malcom and his team!), culminating in Vince Vaughn stealing the ammo from the main hunter which could have resulted in that hunter’s death! I’m not saying one has to approve of animals being in zoos, but the second you try to endanger someone’s life over it, yeah, go fuck yourself.

Oh, and because this lead to the T-Rex getting captured instead of killed, every single death in Californian from said T-Rex is on Vince Vaughn’s hands.

It was interesting to hear they actual cut an establishing scene of the main hunter where he saves a woman in a bar who was being sexually harassed by a creep. Apparently they didn’t want to have people rooting for the hunter over the leads. Guess what, between the two, I’d still root for the hunters, at least the main one.

Also, Julianne Moore’s character belittles Malcom for not wanting to go back to the island despite that anyone with working brain cells who heard what went down in the first film would leave any survivors likely extremely traumatized

Generally, it’s only Malcolm who manages to be tolerable, and the poor guy who get killed was the only truly intelligent person in their group (so of course he’s the one to die! And again, it’s all because they couldn’t just leave that baby T-Rex alone!)

-the stupidity of the boat sequence. So “apparently” the T-Rex got free, killed the boat crew…..and then locked himself back in. What?! I know apparently there are rumors of there being unused footage of raptors appearing on the boat and they killed the crew, but both early drafts and the shooting script make no mention of that, so that’s some copium and it’s just an illogical moment.

Yeah, I really don’t like that film. Also way too long, like Jurassic Park 3 sucks too, but it’s much shorter, so if forced to I’d rather rewatch 3 over LW as at least it would be over faster. Even the city sequence in LW bores me, it’s like, “hey, it’s like a Godzilla movie, only this thing is smaller and can’t make energy blasts.” ……..still better than Godzilla 1998 though!
Wasn’t there a game that cover the boat scene? That it did escape. One of the last person alive, trick it back in with him and hit something so that it would close again but trip himself in with the Rex.

Trilobit

I think it's time for Jurassic Galaxy. There were intelligent and space-faring dinosaurs before the comet hit...and now they are returning to Earth!

Top Bottom