• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things | Season 4 | Part 1

Draugoth

Gold Member

The “Stranger Things” kids are all grown up and going to war with the monsters of the Upside Down in the official trailer for Season 4

Set to a looping version of the pulse in Journey’s “Separate Ways (Worlds Apart),” the trailer sees Mike (Finn Wolfhard), Dustin (Gaten Matarazzo), Lucas (Caleb McLaughlin) and Max (Sadie Sink) enter high school, while Eleven and Will (Noah Schnapp) are in California. As the friends navigate their different surroundings, a new supernatural threat surfaces, forcing them to once again confront the horrors of the Upside Down.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Season 3 jumped the shark. But...this doesn't look bad. Shredding to save the world.

RYPnfdf.gif

Fbh

Haven't seen this since season 2. Man those kids got old.
Will now looks like he is 20 but has the same haircut as Season 1 lol

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Millie Bobby Brown is gonna be really hot when she gets older. I think she’s 18 and she’s already getting there. Weird to say because peoples first real introduction to her was a shaved headed kid, but when she hits her 20s look out.

Erebus

I just hope that all the wait was worth it. Looks like they've significantly increased the budget this season.

Ragnarok

I actually thought season 3 was better than 2. 2 was so boring. At least 3 had some fun with it, although yes, it was very stupid with the new little kids and the “hey I’ma lesbian” even though the character was obviously built up to be a love interest of Steve the entire time. Gah now that I’m typing this out…

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I'm hecka excited about this season! The trailer gave SOME context but most of it is so random that I can't guess too much HOW it's going to play out.

I still enjoy it. I would agree that it isn't as good as when it first started, but it's still one of the better shows Netflix puts out. Honestly it's been a big reason why I've kept my subscription when the new seasons drop.

I liked the mall setting in 3, even if it wasn't perfect.

AJUMP23

They take to long between seasons. But I have enjoyed all of it, even if Season 1 was the best by far. I don't think it needs a season 5 which they said it was getting.

They take to long between seasons. But I have enjoyed all of it, even if Season 1 was the best by far. I don't think it needs a season 5 which they said it was getting.
Yeah, I personally feel like this would be a good finish. They said the episodes are all going to be longer than an hour and it's a two part season.

Doom85

I think she’s 18

Think? Quite the gamble there, because otherwise:

fbi fbifam GIF by CBS

JK, she is. Though sadly, quickly googling her name resulted in me reading an article that she’s been harassed by sexual comments and insults online since turning 18, and even sicker and crazier she got some when she was only turning 16. Geezus, they can’t even let her get out of college before acting this way, for fucks’ sake. Thinking about it, Emma Watson (Hermoine from Harry Potter) probably had even worse to deal with.

To be clear, not lumping you in with those creeps. There’s a world of difference between simply appreciating someone’s beauty on a message board that the individual will never read versus leaving a comment to them directly being all, “hey girl, you fine, wanna hook up?” or “god, you’re so ugly, how did you even get an audition for this show?“ and shit like that that I assume these harassers say.

TTOOLL

Holy shit!! It looks FANTASTICally bad. The music is the only thing we can salvage here.

It really peaked in its first season, it's all downhill from there. I hate when they think they have to turn it to 11 for the story to be impactful.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I dont think its a new phenomenon but I hate when shows lose quality over time. It is one of the reasons I am more interested in movies now. Less of an investment of time.

I will def watch this but the outlook doesnt look good.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
is this the last season?

i'll watch it but i hope they don't drag it out. hopefully S4 is good and they can put it to rest.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Think? Quite the gamble there, because otherwise:

fbi fbifam GIF by CBS

JK, she is. Though sadly, quickly googling her name resulted in me reading an article that she’s been harassed by sexual comments and insults online since turning 18, and even sicker and crazier she got some when she was only turning 16. Geezus, they can’t even let her get out of college before acting this way, for fucks’ sake. Thinking about it, Emma Watson (Hermoine from Harry Potter) probably had even worse to deal with.

To be clear, not lumping you in with those creeps. There’s a world of difference between simply appreciating someone’s beauty on a message board that the individual will never read versus leaving a comment to them directly being all, “hey girl, you fine, wanna hook up?” or “god, you’re so ugly, how did you even get an audition for this show?“ and shit like that that I assume these harassers say.
Funny thing is I read an article yesterday that Maisie Williams(Arya from GOT) is starring in a new project where she will be getting nude. She's 24. And that's one project I won't be checking out because she looks so damn young still and I'll always think of her as little Arya Stark. Not gonna do it.

gatti-man

1 amazing
2 solid
3 horrible
Let’s hope season 4 is back to Atleast season 2 quality. It certainly looks more serious. I’d love to return to the horror elements of season 1 personally.

Kev Kev

im pumped for this. season 3 was my favorite by far, loved it! i like how they have aged with each season too, and i dont understand why people mark that as a negative? hopefully they can keep everyone on for season 5 and have a strong finish. this could turn out to be an all timer for me if they stick the landing

Last edited:

Billbofet

Happy that people love this show. My friends are all really into it.
I loved the first season and had to bounce about halfway through season 2 from sheer boredom.

StormCell

1 amazing
2 solid
3 horrible
Let’s hope season 4 is back to Atleast season 2 quality. It certainly looks more serious. I’d love to return to the horror elements of season 1 personally.
I don't really see how that's possible given we've gotten such a good look at the antagonist already. Part of what made season 1 spooky was that we didn't have any idea what the hell was happening. lol I, too, love mystery box horror, but it requires a lot of imagination and a lot less time in front of the camera.

Happy that people love this show. My friends are all really into it.
I loved the first season and had to bounce about halfway through season 2 from sheer boredom.
Eh, you're not alone. A lot of us were hooked by season 1, and then in true Netflix story fashion the subsequent seasons kind of drag on while still trying to replicate that season 1 magic. My hope is that season 4 won't try to be like season 1 but instead go on and tell us the rest of the story and give us more explanation. It's time for conclusion.

I'm broke I will only have enough money for one streaming service right now and that will be subscribing to Disney Plus tonight for that stupid Obi-Wan show.

I can't afford both Netflix and Disney Plus. Not just that but they can screw themselves with that stupid format where they cut up the season into two parts. So if I want to see Stranger Things season 4 I'll wait until July or whenever it is when the second part of the season debut and just binge all of it.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Gold Member
Season 3 was horrible, made me lose interest in the show after a good season 1 and decent season 2. Not to mention they plan on doing very long episodes which is also something I don't like in tv shows. 60 minutes should be the absolute maxmium.

Oh, and this thing with dividing the seasons is bullshit to make people keep the subs longer.

farmerboy

i hate the whole part 1 and 2 shit. just release it all at once you cowards. its fine and not going to make a big enough difference in the long run. let people decide if they want to binge it or not.

stupid.

First world problems and all that.

Watched first 5 episodes
Think they are trying to make the "scary" bits more scarier than in previous series
Had a few actual funny bits too
Need to ditch the boring lovey-dovey parts, it slows things down too much imo

Issues... and spoilers I guess
the bad guy/thing going after people's fears is lifted directly from stephen king??

anyone whos seen or read IT, or read Dark tower with Dandelo will recognise the emotional vampire (IT sucking fear, Dandelo any strong emotion he could get from patrick), the whole scary thing disappeared for 30 years and is now back to feed or kill is directly from IT, reoccuring spiders reminded me of Mordred...and the scary house theme, seems to just be the Wells House, Dutch Hill House or Room 1408, changing around you, showing you horrible things, making you replay horrible memories. I just feel ive been here before, and its being shoe horned into an upsidedown story? I could even stretch to seeing the cursed town Hawkins/derry(or Castle rock) and openings into the upsidedown/thinnies to todash space/The Mist links. I'm literally looking out for "19's", turtle's or anyone with R.F initials
...and half way through episode 5 a big red rose appears....on a door. Doors and roses 🙄

I totaly admit, im on a stephen king kick at the moment, ive reread the first 3 DT books in last few weeks, so im seeing SK influences stronger than maybe i should

I dont think its a new phenomenon but I hate when shows lose quality over time. It is one of the reasons I am more interested in movies now. Less of an investment of time.

I will def watch this but the outlook doesnt look good.
And the thing is that once a show has a bad season, it’s almost impossible for the series to go back to its heights.

Top Bottom