• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2016 - Dear Valve, E3 is here, please release Ricochet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
You should report it! Be a good Steam Citizen! See something, say something!
well, since the game is a actual licensed game than just a ripoff, it seems the report function would be kinda useless. The IP owner noticing it and sending a DMCA claim or similar would do it, but it would require Ford to even know Ford videogames are being sold right now. That said, these are just assumptions in my part. They might have picked the rights tl it for a couple hundred dollars like the other 10/15 years old shovelware that time had forgotten that they release from time to time. I'm just a bit suspicious because they have a reputation of being terrible publishers and not paying their developers. And with a title like the Ford Racing games, with licensed use of the Ford brand and of licensed car models, I wouldn't be surprised if things werent exactly up to snuff.

Doing a quick search, I can't find the exact quote but I remember those games were paid for by Ford itself as part of a marketing plan.
They were released by completely different publishers back then.

Nzyme32

Steam now natively supports episodic content

ClkmDpVWIAA37wz.jpg:large

"Where da Half-Life at?"

Durante

I was just browsing older HG101 articles and came across a game that seemed quite interesting, and that I had never heard of before. So I checked whether it was on Steam, with the intention of putting it on my wishlist before the sale. Well, it is on Steam. It was also already on my wishlist.

I'll just assume Valve have implemented some kind of advanced wishlisting AI, because it's more comforting than the idea that I could have so completely and utterly forgotten about a game I actually put on my wishlist at some point.

gngf123

I was just browsing older HG101 articles and came across a game that seemed quite interesting, and that I had never heard of before. So I checked whether it was on Steam, with the intention of putting it on my wishlist before the sale. Well, it is on Steam. It was also already on my wishlist.

I'll just assume Valve have implemented some kind of advanced wishlisting AI, because it's more comforting than the idea that I could have so completely and utterly forgotten about a game I actually put on my wishlist at some point.

The best part of this post is that at no point did you say what game this was.

Come on Durante.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Certainly design and trade marks for Hasbro's Mr. Potato Head, if not also copyright.
ss_2e65a58e936be4940e5ba868141106206a47dc74.1920x1080.jpg

I think a case could be made for parody, honestly.

The game is probably pretty garbo, but I also don't think it's worth eroding our already vanishing fair use rights over it.

Amzin

Yeah well not all of us can afford to get every new top of the line phone and tablet that comes out. All of my phones including my current android have had proprietary cords.

As for the format itself, it seems really awful in terms of handling physical forces. A standard weight cord with a chunky end for such a tiny connector. Seems almost intentionally designed to turn the connector into a prybar on the port, which seems to be happening. It can actually come loose by kicking to an angle while fully in the port.

Not to keep derailing but I'm honestly curious, I haven't seen an Android phone with a proprietary connector since... ever as far as I remember. That was the whole point of Micro USB and why there was a bunch of complaining about Apple's lightning nonsense. Unless you actually mean CORD where they aren't doing the fast charging that new Samsungs/Motorolas seem to have trouble with but since you said not top-of-the-line I'm assuming that's not it?

And yea not many modern connections handle force too well. USB cables die all the time because of the connector bending. mini USB was certainly better in that regard but they were too fat for the form factor of modern phones. USB-C is mildly better in this aspect at least.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Bleh, missed the first two check-in days on the GoG sale for some reason, so I missed Spelunky :\

Soon. Hope my top 7 is gone.

Dragonfall has been super cheap tonnes of places. Surprised you've missed it.

Personally I'm hoping for a small discount for Devil Daggers.

Ludens

Banned
Is it worth it? I heard the game had quite of few issues when it launched, haven't followed it since

Totally, even if the first one is much better.
I wonder when Nightcry will go on sale for 75% off, Steamspy says there are around 2000 owners.

derExperte

Is it worth it? I heard the game had quite of few issues when it launched, haven't followed it since

Issues? 1 had problems with Windows 8, can't remember anything else. The level design is more open and the story very convoluted which not everyone liked but for fans of HM it's of course a must-have. And they released the level editor today.

I'm really hoping for some sort of discount on No Man's Sky.

I'm ready for disappointment.

Why would they do that before relase? To get 10.000 refunds?

mp1990

Banned
I'll say yes, but HM2 is one of those games I enjoyed thoroughly but will never touch again, just because it's THAT frustrating. Like, I can't recall another game that made me scream at my tv as many times as this one, and it's not like in the first game where most of my deaths were solely my fault, this one can be straight up unfair in some levels.

Hektor

Artistically the game is freakin' amazing, especially the Soundtrack. As a game, it does a lot of things worse than it's amazing predeccessor, the game is outright unfair at spots, making you die to a lot for things completely out of your control, which imho is a death sentence for such a game, due to that it can become very frustrating and thereby often lacks the flow the first game had.

For that price i still recommend to give it a try and see for yourself how much you can deal with the frustrating encounter design, because the soundrack, design and atmosphere of the game is still worth experiencing, maybe even more so than in HM1.

velociraptor

Does anyone have L4D2 as a gift? If yes, I would like to purchase it via Paypal if you're willing. Currently have L4D2 but want to play with my brother and AFAIK sharing mode does not allow 2 people to play at once.

These companies really should just add dedicated servers to their dead pc multiplayer games so that the niche fans can keep the multiplayer alive.

I've finally uninstalled The Witcher 3 for good. That's 50GB out of my HDD, phew.

rsmtFnG.png

Easily one of my favorite games of all time. The expansions are pretty great as well. Did my best to complete the achievements, but nah I don't think I can deal with it.

I really hope CDPR can somehow remake the first two games with RED3 Engine. Maybe separate each act into White Orcard sized maps and that'll do just fine. There's huge potential market for the first two games. The first one is not accessible for non PC gamers, and the Witcher 2 is PC/360 exclusive. Lots of new fans started playing The Witcher from the Wild Hunt and still missed the first two games, and lots of them want more adventure featuring Geralt. Ending The Witcher series at this point is like leaving money on the table. Good bye Geralt, you'll be missed. :(

Ozium

I've come up with a cracking idea for a meta game...

Battleborn free to play for the entirety of the sale, every 1 hour in Battleborn you get a card.

H1PSTER

Moar.

ModBot said:
Instructions for H1PSTER:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (H1PSTER, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery Game #3 -- MB-C252C2F98A6E92D8 - Taken by Gez. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #2 -- MB-569A3B6E58338259 - Taken by Regginator. 8 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-36D9B20CC0277D2E - Taken by Costa1774. 6 entrants total.
Mystery Game #5 -- MB-A4B443E622CE212E - Taken by Parsnip. 12 entrants total.
Mystery Game #4 -- MB-FCBD451629E8EEBD - Taken by ussjtrunks. 4 entrants total.

t1466636307z1.png

bakeray

I know I'm just going to spend this sale buying 50+ hr RPGs that I don't have time to play..

At least most of the ones I need to buy are cheap now :E

Momentary

Banned
I like Berserk, but I don't like Musou games much. And I don't really think the genre fits the theme/mood of Berserk. So I'm mostly ambivalent about it.

Seeing Berserk turned into a Musou hurts me so much. There's so much more to the story and setting than what this copy and paste job of a game is going to be able to portray.

It deserved better than some bullshit assembly line slap job from KT and Omega Force.

I'm still going to buy it.

Hopefully, sometime before I die, a developer that actually cares about the license makes it into something that's not some quick cash grab

sadblob

ModBot said:
Instructions for Costa1774:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Masked Shooters 2 -- MB-E604AA3F82EE9228 - Taken by gaiadyne. 1 entrants total.
Bionic Dues -- MB-CB243157A19E4662 - Taken by voodooray. 1 entrants total.
The Next Door -- MB-4D933D74314EBB58 - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.

Airstrike HD -- MB-A551A5D6D33CF978 - Taken by Jalal. 1 entrants total.
Elements Soul of Fire -- MB-C44597B01FBFFC8E - Taken by trailmix16. 1 entrants total.
Nuclear Shot -- MB-B554ECB70D1CCB8C - Taken by krczt23. 1 entrants total.

t1466627426z1.png

Ascheroth

Seeing Berserk turned into a Musou hurts me so much. There's so much more to the story and setting than what this copy and paste job of a game is going to be able to portray.

It deserved better than some bullshit assembly line slap job from KT and Omega Force.

Don't worry, at least you have the new anime.
Ha ha ha..

Kagemusha

So if I activate MNo.9 key from Nuuvem by VPN it's just reqiures a one time activation right? Like if i decide to see how bad it is, I woudn't need to stay connected via VPN.

I'm still going to buy it.

Hopefully, sometime before I die, a developer that actually cares about the license makes it into something that's not some quick cash grab

Yeah, Beserk deserves a full-fledged RPG treatment, not a musou.

Momentary

Banned
Yeah, Beserk deserves a full-fledged RPG treatment, not a musou.

Man could you imagine a Berserk RPG where the story starts off where Guts was born? The camera pans down the hanging tree and shows Guts fall out of his dead mother. Then Shisu picks up the baby and Gambino says he's dead. At that moment baby Guts starts crying and BAM!!! Cut to a black screen with red lettering saying BERSERK.

God damn!

Man could you imagine a Berserk RPG where the story starts off where Guts was born? The camera pans down hanging tree and shows Guts fall out of his dead mother. Then Shisu picks up the baby and Gambino says he's dead. At that moment baby Guts starts crying and BAM!!! Cut to a black screen with red lettering saying BERSERK.

God damn!

anigif_enhanced-3654-1442876077-6.gif

OMG I want this so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom