• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2016 - Post Sale Hauls, Post Sale Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdytoroll

I just recently finished it (bought during summer sale).

It's pretty much good from start to finish, although I think combat early on with barely any skills and companions can be a downer. The character interaction, music and cutscenes make up for it though.

I hope you set the difficulty on Normal, because I finished it on Hard and the overall balance was WAY OFF (sooo not worth the trouble), and apparently broken from what others have said in the Trails thread.

Absolutely, I set it on normal. Don't want it to get too frustrating

Adnor

Banned
They need, need, need to make these F2P and charge for cosmetics.

Especially when cosmetics will be an important part of the game if I remember correctly. They choosed that design for the robots because it was easier to animate, read and to make cosmetics. One of the plans they had, at least when the game was still named Reborn, was the option for professional teams to sell stickers and stuff like that on the Steam Workshop.

But I think making it f2p would make it too easy for cheaters to come back after a ban. If they have to pay again at least there would be a deterrent. But then again, CS:GO has show us that no matter the price cheaters will come back after a ban.

James is an ass.

He really is :p

Tellaerin

They need, need, need to make these F2P and charge for cosmetics.

I'm really tired of the whole "make the base game free, then nickel and dime people for cosmetics" bullshit. I'd much rather they sell the game to me at a reasonable price and let the community go nuts making models, skins, maps and mods for it, UT style.

So I finished the Neptunia 1 remake a bunch of days ago. While at first I found myself surprisingly enjoying parts of it, by the time I reached the second half of the game I started becoming tired of the whole thing.

Battles, bosses especially, inolves you doing the same things, over and over again. Filling up the exe gauge, depleting enemies' guard guage, and then unloading on them with exe moves if they're still standing. It's a good thing that you can skip most animations since some enemies have an annoyingly large guard gauge which just make battles drag on for too long.

Dungeons are an even bigger disappointing aspect of the game. They don't offer anything interesting in their structure, and are mostly devoid of any complexity. They only serve are places where to find monsters and gather materials. What's worse is that a lot of them are reused multiple times during the game, at times with little to no differences. This even for story dungeons and not only the optional ones. It's so lazy.

When I first started the game I thought about getting the sequels and play them afterwards, but right now I don't really want to subject myself to all of this again, especially since apparently this remake seems to lift a lot of mechanics and assets from the second and third game (god, not the same dungeons again).

That credit sequence though is so cute and better than the ending itself.

Also finished Transformers Devastation yesterday. While I had started it on Hard I decided to switch back to Normal after clearing the first two chapters, since enemies where too much of damage sponges and could kill you in two or three hits most of the times, which proved to be a bit annoying after a while.

Unfortunately the game focuses on a weapon system that kinda reminds me of Diablo-style games, with lots of loot that consist of the same weapons with some different stats, something that I find very boring and not as engaging as having a small quantity of somewhat different weapons. This probably also directly affected the balance of the game and its spongey enemies on the higher difficulties.

While The game uses systems similar to the Witch Time from Bayonetta or the parry from MGR, generally it doesn't feel as satisfying and engaging, but they are serviceable enough. There's also a very little amount of skills you can acquire, and coupled with the weapon system it feels like there's a lack of a proper growth or progression throughout the game.

What I actually liked is the soundtrack, which made some fights really exciting. But generally this is not really one of my favorites Platinum Games titles. I even replayed Korra but I don't see myself playing through this again, even if it's a very short game.

Adnor

Banned
I'm really tired of the whole "make the base game free, then nickel and dime people for cosmetics" bullshit. I'd much rather they sell the game to me at a reasonable price and let the community go nuts making models, skins, maps and mods for it, UT style.

UT4 will be f2p with a cosmetic store lol.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That gameplay looks smooth as hell.

$150,000 dollars for 14 member team and 10-12 months development time is absurd though.

They have been working on this for quite a while AFAIK. I remember 2GD talking about it two years ago. Also I think a large portion of the team live in some of the less expensive EU countries so it might be possible? I dunno how much it costs to live over there. That said, it still seems like they are shooting low and hoping to score big by the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom