• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Hardware Survey GPU results May 2023.

Guilty_AI

I don't even like CS, but calling CS players "casuals that play once or twice a month" is being so completely off the mark it's kind of staggering.
There's nothing casual about that game or the people that play it, i can promise you that.
you think every CS player is some sweaty dude that morfed with his chair? There are tons of people that just play casual mode every now and then while steering off competitive.

you think every CS player is some sweaty dude that morfed with his chair? There are tons of people that just play casual mode every now and then while steering off competitive.
It's neither every one, nor none. Just that defining CS as an example of a game for casuals is bizarre. CoD is definitely a lot more casual if you want to go fps. Or fortnite... CS is definitely everything but casual lol

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
my PC survey would look like

OS Version: Windows 11 64-bit
System RAM: 64GB
Physical CPUs: 16 cpus
Video Card Description: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080
VRAM: 16GB
Primary Display Resolution: 2560x1440
Total Hard Drive Space: Above 1TB

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

It's neither every one, nor none. Just that defining CS as an example of a game for casuals is bizarre. CoD is definitely a lot more casual if you want to go fps. Or fortnite... CS is definitely everything but casual lol
Dude, I played a bunch of CS back in the day, casually. Its easy to pick up and learn, and you can play it in a state between mindless and focused as long as you don't go into competitive mode, like going into deathmatch or something. This isn't ARMA 3.

tkscz

wait, the GTX 1650 is back on top...?

God damn it. when will these half a decade old budget cards die already?
When an affordable alternative hits the market? Majority of people who want to PC game don't want to pay $700+ for prettier graphics. My son still runs an R9 380x and his friends all use the 1660(Ti) because the games they play run and that's all they care about. Most don't even know you CAN turn the graphics up. Until good $200 midrange cards return, you'll see the 1650 top that list a lot. Remember, it was the 1060 until the 1650 showed up.

Dude, I played a bunch of CS back in the day, casually. Its easy to pick up and learn, and you can play it in a state between mindless and focused as long as you don't go into competitive mode, like going into deathmatch or something. This isn't ARMA 3.
Anyone can play any game casually lol, does not make it a casual game. It's actually pretty fucking obtuse of a game and quite punishing with no handholding for newbies. It's also been there since the early 2000's with barely any changes, fully online and competitive. When you say casuals games people say candy crush or games a gramma can play. Not a game where you need to know what "echo" means with a gigantic competitive scene :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Again, for the record, i actively dislike CS, but that's not casual :)

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Until good $200 midrange cards return,
qwo0uAM.png

:messenger_unamused::messenger_unamused::messenger_unamused:

Leonidas

I could see RTX 4060 and RTX 4050 making this list if the 4050 is priced right. Seems that to make the top 10 you have to be an Nvidia GPU. Cheap recent AMD GPUs are way down the list.
i2C7Gwt.png

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Anyone can play any game casually lol, does not make it a casual game. It's actually pretty fucking obtuse of a game and quite punishing with no handholding for newbies. It's also been there since the early 2000's with barely any changes, fully online and competitive. When you say casuals games people say candy crush or games a gramma can play. Not a game where you need to know what "echo" means with a gigantic competitive scene :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Again, for the record, i actively dislike CS, but that's not casual :)
Why the heck you said COD and Fortnite are casual games then? They're super obtuse too, i've still no clue how some of those drone missiles and construction mechanics work.

Why the heck you said COD and Fortnite are casual games then? They're super obtuse too, i've still no clue how some of those drone missiles and construction mechanics work.
Not casual, but more casual than CS :)
Same here, only played fortnite once, 2 rounds, killed a couple people, died.. uninstalled. Zero interest, can't get why people get so deep into it.

Guilty_AI

Not casual, but more casual than CS :)
Same here, only played fortnite once, 2 rounds, killed a couple people, died.. uninstalled. Zero interest, can't get why people get so deep into it.
well, regardless of what you think, doesn't change the fact plenty of people play these kind of games casually. I know some in real life, and even someone in this thread who only play against bots.

Its not hard to understand. That "loud minority" complaining about console performance sports a PC with high specs. The ones that don't, don't complain and are satisfied with their mid-low range machine.

There's absolutely nothing disingenuous here, pc players aren't a monolith.
Yeah I have a 3060. I never complained that I couldn't turn on ray tracing in CP2077.

Top Bottom