• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cicero

Wow, Steam isnt recovering previous dailies/flash from this sale?
Notable shit like Broken Age and Walking Dead S2 still the same price, god this is garbage.

Oh no no. You probably just have so many games now that it SEEMS like garbage. *cough*

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Thread rules:

• Do not solicit/trade/sell/beg for games in this thread. Splitting retail packs is fine in this thread.
  • Do not spam post your steam stats/games count or post damage lists from sales.
  • Examples of good posting behaviour and poor posting behaviour.
  • Don't hype pre-order bundles that you have no idea about.

xezuru

Oh no no. You probably just have so many games now that it SEEMS like garbage. *cough*

I just peeked bearly above 150 games, I saw these two on flash or daily for sure, and was clearing out personal games and doing a final walletcheck roundup to gift friends on encore days where last major sales would include all of the best deals, this encore doesn't so there goes all those purchases.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Crunch Time! and The Ingenious Machine keys from indieroyale debut bundles 18 and 21 are up on the desura client

(crunch time lists 2 steam keys, the second is the correct one, the first is a dud)

XShagrath

First game of 2015 completed!

Nightmares from the Deep: Cursed Heart

A simple little point and click / hidden object game. Story was alright, standard pirate stuff. Puzzles were easy enough, and I liked that it gave you the option to play Mahjongg instead of doing the hidden object clickfest.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Watching some videos of people clearing bosses no damage on the whole playthrough on hard make me feel miserable. Am I the only one?

FoneBone

Green Man Gaming has Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Ultimate Edition and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 both at a 60% discount...then on top of that you can use the WINTER-SALE20-GROGRE code to get 20% off of that

after discounts...

Lords of Shadow UE = $9.60
Lords of Shadow 2 = $19.20

The DLC for LoS 2 isn't on sale but you can get it cheap from Nuuvem right now (all 4 pieces for about $4)

Not sure why this is noteworthy when they've both been much cheaper elsewhere (recently at that).

Tizoc

In anything

Those damn mega man games though. I couldn't beat 2 without save states and now I have 3 onMmy vita, so no shenanigans

Oh come on now, MM2's bosses aren't that hard >_>;
Wily Stage bosses, yeah I'd agree, but the 8 RMs aren't that tough.

Lomax

I just peeked bearly above 150 games, I saw these two on flash or daily for sure, and was clearing out personal games and doing a final walletcheck roundup to gift friends on encore days where last major sales would include all of the best deals, this encore doesn't so there goes all those purchases.

Not every daily gets an encore, not even close. That's why the rule is "buy if daily, wait otherwise." While it may have seemed likely those games would have gotten encores, there's no guarantee. In terms of the encore deals, this sale if anything has more than usual. There were lots of problems with this sale, but the quantity of encores really isn't one of them.

Jørdan;145605850 said:
Since a few posts have gone by and I'll be corrected if wrong, ROW can be activated anywhere. Wait for confirmation though, just to be certain.

That's correct, ROW is "Rest of World" and can be activated in EU/USA assuming you have them in your inventory.

Blitzhex

Anyone bought Company of Heroes 2 off Nuuvem? Did it activate without vpn? It say's its region locked, but they use that warning quite loosely.

Ok, so I decided I need a budget for 2015.
I may have considered making a resolution about it.

But YNAB isn't part of the encore today? WTF, really?

Cheddahz

Banned
Figured I would pop in to wish every a Happy New Year! I'll try to post on here more than I have in the last few months (trying to get back in Steam, been playing too much on my Vita & Xbox One, really come on here to talk about hip hop nowadays, etc.)

Just finished my first game of the year, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs.

I loved the story and the setting, but the original is way better in every other way. It's not really scary, and the puzzles are way too easy, but the worst part is that I felt the monsters sucked.

I know The Chinese Room developed this one, but I recall reading a Frictional Games blog post talking about how once you've looked at a scary monster long enough, it stops being scary. I think they fleshed out the monsters way too much in this one, not only in journal entries but also letting you see them in their natural habitat. After they were introduced I stopped feeling tension, up until the last segments of the game. Also,
I found having little manpings kill people in London very silly

Overall, I'd say I enjoyed it, but now I understand why it's not as well regarded as The Dark Descent.

Phinor

Only one spare but it's a good one.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-98E6552907F3D894 - Taken by Nyteshade517. 3 entrants total.

t1420140169z1.png

Humble Weekly Bundle Eye Candy 2

Pay What You Want
- Year Walk
- Lovely Planet
- The Blue Flamingo

BTA
- Dust: An Elysian Tale
- MIND: Path to the Thalamus
- Eidolon

$10 or more
- FRACT OSC
holy crap that's a ridculous bundle.
Get the $1 tier for Year Walk and Lovely Planet at least, and then add a few more $ for Dust.

Hahahahahahahahahahahaghhghhgg
*sobbing uncontrollably*
lool your "damage list is one of the few i am actually curious to see :p
Humble Weekly Bundle Eye Candy 2
Pay What You Want
- Year Walk
- Lovely Planet
- The Blue Flamingo
BTA
- Dust: An Elysian Tale
- MIND: Path to the Thalamus
- Eidolon
$10 or more
- FRACT OSC
wow, that is a fricking good bundle right here. awesome stuff at every tier.

Monooboe

Oh damn, Humble Bundle has also started adding VAT.o_O At least when using Google Wallet, if I used Amazon I didn't have to pay the VAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom