• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December II 2014 - A thread for people who don't like sale side posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird. Steam ate my two 25% off Pixel Pirates coupons that weren't supposed to expire for a couple months and replaced them with 2 10% off Toki Tori 2+ coupons.

I wish they'd give me coupons that are more in line with my gaming, like, say, Door Kickers.

I've also noticed the coupons they give are doodoo. I wish that the coupon system would take into considerations what games you own/have the most hours in to give you a coupon for a game that you'd actually buy instead of toki toki 2 and pixel piracy(these are the only coupons I ever get)

It's amazing quite how much of Shadowgate I remember, even though I only played it like the one day at a friend's many, many, many moons ago.
Of course, soon, I will come into unexplored territory, since we never did finish the game =p

When you get to the wizard...

> melt wizard

What do you want to melt him with?

> throw thermal pod

dot

Okay guys, it is time for messages quoting me to destroy the integrity of this discussion.

Guess one game from the flashes that will be announced at 1:00 AM EST.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

If there are two correct guessers, the person who guessed first is the winner.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $20. If you want some game that's slightly north of that (like the deal for Wolfenstein today), we'll talk. Just don't push it. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $20.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.
Killer is Dead.

2014-12-30_04-22-20.jpg
steamOS is gonna change everything. EVERYTHING!
;)

RedFyn

Okay guys, it is time for messages quoting me to destroy the integrity of this discussion.

If you edit, you will be disqualified. If you pick two games, you will be disqualified. If you previously won, you are disqualified.

The winner gets any game on Steam, not to exceed $20. If you want some game that's slightly north of that (like the deal for Wolfenstein today), we'll talk. Just don't push it. If you want more than one game, that's fine. The total budget is still $20.

Please have a game in mind at 1:00 AM EST. Please make yourself available to receive your prize.
State of decay

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So now I can't buy any games, because every time I try to make a purchase I get an 'unknown error' D: I emailed Steam Support, but they're understandably busy. Anything I can do, or just wait for Steam Support to get back to me? I don't want miss out on any deals.

Purchasing issues during sale periods generally fix themselves after a while.

Honey Bunny

Wings of Vi

autoduelist

RE: The whole 'more information' if you want to sell more than 200 cards... I understand that stuff is for the IRS, but if I fill that out does that mean I've got to report a couple bux worth of sold cards on my taxes? I'm never going to remember to do that.

Nete

X3: Albion Prelude

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
RE: The whole 'more information' if you want to sell more than 200 cards... I understand that stuff is for the IRS, but if I fill that out does that mean I've got to report a couple bux worth of sold cards on my taxes? I'm never going to remember to do that.

No:

Will you be providing 1099’s based on my transactions in the Community Market?
The United States Internal Revenue Service requires us to report gross sales for, and provide IRS Form 1099’s to, only those subscribers who are U.S. citizens or residents and who exceed 200 sales transactions in a calendar year and also exceed $20,000 in gross sales proceeds from those sales transactions in that same calendar year, from all of that subscriber's accounts. If you are a U.S. citizen or resident and exceed both of these thresholds, we will report the amount of gross sales to the IRS and provide you with Form 1099.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

Wreckfest

xGreg

Singularity

rickyson1

ys origins

dani_dc

Pure.

autoduelist

Still trying to get my head around pc gaming after a relatively long absence. What's considered the pinnacle of turn-based tactical squad warfare nowadays?

I'm talking along the lines of SSI games of yore like Six Gun Shootout, to Wasteland, Fallout, Xcom, Breach, etc. Prone, kneeling, cover, cover density, stats up the wazoo, hit percentages, snap shots, aimed shots, all that good stuff. I don't care if it's modern or sci-fi or whatever.

I already picked up Wasteland 2, but I'm wondering if there are any other gems out there that I should be checking out. Or is it a dead genre?

Doesn't need to be recent, though a relatively modern interface would be nice.

(also, another thanks for the Dominions 4 recommendation, it's high up on my wishlist now).

As always, thanks for your wisdom JaseC.

Turfster

I already picked up Wasteland 2, but I'm wondering if there are any other gems out there that I should be checking out. Or is it a dead genre?
Shadowrun (and Dragonfall, which has a much better interface and story and is overall much more polished), kinda?
Dead state, maybe? (didn't play this one myself)
Jagged Alliance?
Xenonauts? (which is basically indie xcom)

(also, another thanks for the Dominions 4 recommendation, it's high up on my wishlist now).
yw ;)

Sch1sm

So now I can't buy any games, because every time I try to make a purchase I get an 'unknown error' D: I emailed Steam Support, but they're understandably busy. Anything I can do, or just wait for Steam Support to get back to me? I don't want miss out on any deals.

Try the mobile app or your browser, or a different payment method. Anything. Steam Support probably won't get back to you until the sale's over. And then it's too late.

Jørdan

I need to pay more attention to Greenlight, just learned about Planet Centauri which is now at the top of my most wanted list. Spell crafting, animal husbandry, farming, fishing, monster taming and so on. Fuck. Yes.

Thanks again for the generosity and neat twist. Nominating SimCIty 4 <3

Articalys

Just finished up Ys I+II, which were super fun. But then I may have gotten spoiled on a late plot point in Origins, which is not fun.

Such goes life, I suppose. Still got Oath to play between them, though, which I thankfully know nothing about.

Tellaerin

I'm going to go with Remember Me again.

Momentary

Banned

Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming

pahamrick

Volgarr the Viking.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Fuck my life, SteamGAF. :(

Emergency as I was driving home. Surgery is gonna be the cost of a small used car. Took out a loan to pay for the first surgery today, but I need to go back for the second one ASAP.

I was already horrifically depressed to begin with--this has been a horrible year--but this just makes shit even worse. Time to go get deeper in debt.

'Merkan healthcare. Best in the world.

I fucking hate our health system.

tebunker

Banned

Shattered Planet is my guess

In need of some help. I switched over to Windows 8.1 recently with all my steam games on a separate storage drive. Anyway I've been playing a few new games I've picked up but I went and tried some of my older stuff and nothing seems to start. The all either say "(blank) has stopped working" or my icon/display pic will momentarily have a green border like I'm in game then go back to blue without anything happening. I'm sure there has to be common thread because over 10 games are doing this.

Any idea what I should do?

Accoun

The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter (lol dunno)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom