• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Dr Dogg

What, the game is only 7 seconds long?!?

:p

Well at least the "upto 4k support" was a load of marketing guff.
15432248153_45783bfa63_b.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm, hitting 4k by the end of the sale is looking unlikely. There's a fair amount of stuff with a general sale discount of <30% and this blows up the total cost of the last 90-odd games to a point where even if I have what I'm hoping to spend I'll be cutting it very close.

Arthea

so, I'm giving away those codes for SE discounts (on SE store, games redeem on steam). Any takers?
FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 50% OFF
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris with Season Pass 33% OFF
FINAL FANTASY III 50% OFF

so, I'm giving away those codes for SE discounts (on SE store, games redeem on steam). Any takers?

I'll take FFIII if you're not using. Thanks!

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hmm that Ubi free game for the AC season pass seems to have given me a Steam key. Is there anyway to test it without using the key to make sure it's a steam key and not a Uplay key?

AsylumX

Hmm that Ubi free game for the AC season pass seems to have given me a Steam key. Is there anyway to test it without using the key to make sure it's a steam key and not a Uplay key?

If you already own the game or have someone that does, you can test it that way. But beside that, there is no actual way to test it...

derExperte

Try to activate it on a Steam account who already has the game. And what is it?

As long as we're complaining about wishlist problems... For years now I've noticed that when I add a game to my wishlist, it doesn't get added to the top or the bottom, but usually around 2/3 of the way through the list. How bizarre is that? Does it do that for everyone?

No, always the bottom. Wait, do you manually sort the wishlist? Maybe it gets added on top of the not sorted games?

Alavard

but that's not what's happening

i put a game from #30 to #15

after saving i see that the game is at #15 but #20 is now at #37, #10 at #6 etc.

makes no sense

As long as we're complaining about wishlist problems... For years now I've noticed that when I add a game to my wishlist, it doesn't get added to the top or the bottom, but usually around 2/3 of the way through the list. How bizarre is that? Does it do that for everyone?

Firebrand

So re: recent region-locks and such, do Nuveem-keys still register, if they can be added to the cart and there's nothing about region restrictions on the game's store page? Mainly thinking about Lara Croft 2: It Must Be Xolotl's Trap, Again! and Ground Zeroes. edit: GZ can't be added to the cart it seems, so not that.

Turfster

Uplay keys are longershorter, aren't they?
The ones I have all start with a 3 character block instead of a 5 character block.

Dr Dogg

Awwwww no 21:9 resolution support though in GZ. Well it accepts the resolution but crops the bottom third of the screen with no FOV adjustments. Seeing as everything is rendered I hope the clever clogs over at WSGF get a fix out by the time for The Phantom Pain.

How do you get those resolutions? GeDoSaTo?

2560x1440 monitor and using Nvidia's Dynamic Super Resolution. It's a DX11 title so sadly no GeDoSaTo magic for the time being I'm afraid.

yuraya

Just noticed the entire wishlist on front store page after scrolling a bit.

Sogood.jpg. About time Valve utilizes such a feature. Or was it there b4? I don't think it was during last months sale.

Also...so much Metal Gear Solid in activity feed...

First MGS game on steam. First Kojima game on steam. Can't help but shed some salty discharge for such a glorious day.

Jack-Bauer.gif

Turfster

Just noticed the entire wishlist on front store page after scrolling a bit.

Sogood.jpg. About time Valve utilizes such a feature.

No, it's worthless bullshit.
It's not sorted in any way, and it lists stuff that isn't even for sale yet too.
It's just a gigantic, confusing blob of colours, some of which are discounted.

that doesn't happen to me.
usually gets at last place.

but i do believe problems with wishlist are sporadically happening on choice user.
not everyone.

we are the unlucky ones. hah.

bigzgod

It's Far Cry 4 which I have the Gold edition of already.

I can confirm it gives a steam key. A friend of mine redeemed the offer for Far Cry 4 as well, he told me it was a steam key

I would love XIII-2 coupon if you still have it :).

Maybe some dont see good enough value in waiting for a remaster that'll be more than likely way more expensive?

I'd get it now if I had the funds.

But the remaster is probably going to cost what it would now cost you to buy the game + the DLC, so if youre even interested in the DLC then why not hold?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No, it's worthless bullshit.
It's not sorted in any way, and it lists stuff that isn't even for sale yet too.
It's just a gigantic, confusing blob of colours, some of which are discounted.

Not to mention it's causing the home page not to load at all (or load very slowly) for those with 100+ items on their wishlists.

Card value are likely worst this year cause there isn't much of a reason to craft them. Remember, the last Winter sales (and last Summer Sale) you could craft cards and earn in-game items for TF2, Dota, or any other game that was part of it. They have none of that this time.

Alavard

that doesn't happen to me.
usually gets at last place.

but i do believe problems with wishlist are sporadically happening on choice user.
not everyone.

we are the unlucky ones. hah.

Well of course now that I mention it, I can't reproduce it... Oh, well, didn't exactly have much of an impact.

Top Bottom