• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Opinion Trailer Game Dev Star Wars: Rogue Leader Developers React to 40 Minute Speedrun

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
Dec 1, 2014
ibiza

Remember Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader for GameCube? Remember how it's still one of the best Star Wars games EVER made? Well ride along with three of the original developers as they watch this fantastic speedrun by DaymanAAA and tell incredible stories about what it was like to make the game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is an action game developer by Factor 5 and LucasArts. It was released for Nintendo GameCube back in November 2001. The game spans all three movies in the original Star Wars trilogy, and you play as either Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles.

BPX

Nov 10, 2018
polar bear swimming GIF

phil_t98

Oct 10, 2014

Remember Star Wars Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader for GameCube? Remember how it's still one of the best Star Wars games EVER made? Well ride along with three of the original developers as they watch this fantastic speedrun by DaymanAAA and tell incredible stories about what it was like to make the game.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader is an action game developer by Factor 5 and LucasArts. It was released for Nintendo GameCube back in November 2001. The game spans all three movies in the original Star Wars trilogy, and you play as either Luke Skywalker or Wedge Antilles.
Love this game

Fredrik

Jun 27, 2005
~ 27 minutes in:
”Y-You... You just saw him skip all the things we designed...”
-Lead programmer
😅

sinnergy

Jun 16, 2007
It was all the talk at my high school. The technical make up was fascinating, effects before their time SSS, bump mapping , volumetrics. Advanced culling . It was one of my launch games.

Last edited:

bender

Bending Rodríguez (22, 1,729)
Apr 12, 2010
The visuals for Rogue Leader blew my mind. I'd kill for a re-release of this and the sequel.

dan76

Aug 7, 2018
You got to hope that Rogue Leaders will find its way to the Switch. I've been waiting on it for years. Interesting video, though they didn't really do much reaction, more of a history.

Reactions: phil_t98