• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

meh am i right in thinking most people complaining on consoles are people that need performance mode?

i have no issues with 30fps as i enjoy visual clarity but is the 30fps mode stable?
Quality mode seems ok and much nicer IQ.

0Tbmakx.gif

Performance mode should be renamed VRR mode as it is more an unlocked 30fps+ that occasionally hits 60fps but with muddy IQ.

I guess the CPU bound issues are the same on console as they are on PC as the frame rate is completely wild. If you don't care or don't notice fine but for people that do you've been warned.

0Tbmakx.gif

Performance mode should be renamed VRR mode as it is more an unlocked 30fps+ that occasionally hits 60fps but with muddy IQ.

I guess the CPU bound issues are the same on console as they are on PC as the frame rate is completely wild. If you don't care or don't notice fine but for people that do you've been warned.

Why is the geometry of the textures so fucked on performance? what the fuck is that shit? It's not even far away textures. People are fucking blind, idiots or completely ignorant if they say "it's fine".

Luipadre

Gold Member

0Tbmakx.gif

oof. That performance mode looks garbage

TheGejsza

0Tbmakx.gif

This would be acceptable on PS4... but damn, this is current-gen only. What a shitshow.

Bragr

Banned
It's a good game and if it was more polished, I think it would score higher.

What annoys me more than all the stuttering right now is the animations. If you pay attention to the characters standing next to Cal, or stuff in the background, it's common to see stuff that's not finished.

This is one of those games where the animators didn't have the time to finish up and had to rush through big chunks of the game.

And that's the sort of stuff that will never get fixed.

I will say that while I'm not happy about the performance, IQ and janky animations if those things don't bother you this really is a better game than the first one in every way possible. A lot of my complaints about the first game were fixed and it is really fun to play and doesn't leave you with zero upgrades at the start like a lot of sequels do.

The 30fps mode stays at 30fps from what I've tried while in the same place the 60fps mode can jump wildly between 60 and 40fps so if you are happy with 30fps and enjoyed the first one go for it for sure.

It needed a sticker on the box Redfall style (or another few months in the oven).

Salty Pickle

Neo Member
Wait you mean it’s not running at 14fps like some people claimed?
You’d think it would be running at 13 fps by reading the comments here.

No it’s not perfect but if I expected perfect from every game I guess i would only be playing first party games or none at all. Would be pretty boring.

Banned
is there word out if VRR at 120hz works on Xbox?

I'm asking because it doesn't in the Street Fighter 5 demo, which reminded me that this can't be guaranteed, especially with clealey unfinished games like these.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
is there word out if VRR at 120hz works on Xbox?

I'm asking because it doesn't in the Street Fighter 5 demo, which reminded me that this can't be guaranteed, especially with clealey unfinished games like these.
It should help like to did Elden Ring as it’s at the system level.

Banned
The funny thing is these people can’t wait to pay $70 for a 20fps 720p Zelda game in a couple of weeks.

dynamic 900p, and the previews say very steady 30fps.

also it's running on a handheld and the gamedesign of Nintendo basically shits on 99% of other developers.

It should help like to did Elden Ring as it’s at the system level.

there are games that don't support VRR due to the devs being shit and not settings it up correctly.
Street Fighter 5 currently in the demo does not support VRR on Xbox. The demo of RE8 had the same issue, which was thankfully resolved with the final game.

Watch Dogs Legion in its 60fps mode also doesn't support VRR. it does in its 30fps mode... yay

Ghostwire Tokyo in it's VRR modes... doesn't support VRR.

hence I'm asking if someone knows if VRR works at 120hz in this game.

Last edited:

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
I don't understand what kind of additional stuff they have in Unreal, based on how executable looks life from EA Play on PC it seems to be built with UE 4.26, which is quite old.

Also for some reason it looks worse on Xbox (IQ wise) than Next-gen patch of Fallen Order, truly astonishing.

Banned
I don't understand what kind of additional stuff they have in Unreal, based on how executable looks life from EA Play on PC it seems to be built with UE 4.26, which is quite old.

Also for some reason it looks worse on Xbox (IQ wise) than Next-gen patch of Fallen Order, truly astonishing.

wait, when did 4.26 come out? aren't we at 4.272 or something?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I will say that while I'm not happy about the performance, IQ and janky animations if those things don't bother you this really is a better game than the first one in every way possible. A lot of my complaints about the first game were fixed and it is really fun to play and doesn't leave you with zero upgrades at the start like a lot of sequels do.

The 30fps mode stays at 30fps from what I've tried while in the same place the 60fps mode can jump wildly between 60 and 40fps so if you are happy with 30fps and enjoyed the first one go for it for sure.

It needed a sticker on the box Redfall style (or another few months in the oven).
Yeah, I am only 30 minutes in but I love it already. I am kinda glad that I never replayed the original because im not getting the samey feeling so far. I like the new NPC addition and dual stances. Combat feels weightier yet more responsive, and it's definitely flashier and more fun. Such a good choice to give you all the force moves from the start. Game is giving me Sony first party vibes in terms of quality and storytelling which is only a good thing.

On PC, the performance is mostly solid but there are some microstutters. It's a shame that the game shipped in this state because I can tell I will love this game.

Neff

I'm wondering if it gets "worse"

Playing on PS5 rather than PC, but in my experience it does get better. I'm several hours in and the first area runs like crap and leaves an awful impression, despite looking spectacular. The next area is a lot less visually taxing and runs a hell of a lot better. The game clearly would benefit from a patch or several, though.

How can this game have 8 and 9 score plastered everywhere?

It's really fun and looks great, even if it doesn't run great.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Playing on PS5 rather than PC, but in my experience it does get better. I'm several hours in and the first area runs like crap and leaves an awful impression, despite looking spectacular. The next area is a lot less visually taxing and runs a hell of a lot better. The game clearly would benefit from a patch or several, though.
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, on my end I haven't seen anything change (negatively) and I'm on the second planet. It's already really easy to see how much better this game is over the previous one, I'm loving it so much. It's a shame they didn't delay it even just a bit longer to fix some things before going live. I'm sure the game will do just fine, regardless, which is great because I'd love to have a trilogy. But still, this kind of thing really isn't doing the product or developers any favors.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

4.27, so it isn't that old, but still old enough.

ARFxBgz.png

2020 Unreal Engine 4.26 released! - Unreal Engine

4.27 is 2021, which deals with a lot of performance updates for new consoles and so on.
The funny thing is that they had the oppurtunity to go with UE5 since they started dev in March 2020 when Epic released the first PS5 demo, but chose not to do it because they didnt want to make a game on an engine that was currently in development. Then they go ahead and ship this game in this state anyway.

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
Ah, gotcha. Yeah, on my end I haven't seen anything change (negatively) and I'm on the second planet. It's already really easy to see how much better this game is over the previous one, I'm loving it so much. It's a shame they didn't delay it even just a bit longer to fix some things before going live. I'm sure the game will do just fine, regardless, which is great because I'd love to have a trilogy. But still, this kind of thing really isn't doing the product or developers any favors.
Coruscant is really rough. Lots of stuff going on though. Second area is more of an open world map like the original game planets and whole there was still some tearing, it was much better than the first area.

Banned
The funny thing is that they had the oppurtunity to go with UE5 since they started dev in March 2020 when Epic released the first PS5 demo, but chose not to do it because they didnt want to make a game on an engine that was currently in development. Then they go ahead and ship this game in this state anyway.

how hard is it to migrate a UE4 game into UE5 I wonder...
especially 3 years out from release.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Just bought Star Wars Jedi Survivor on Steam

Hopefully it runs good on my PC
I'd say buy it if you're REALLY excited, but be prepared to refund if issues arise. That way you're not really losing anything, especially on Steam.

Jesus this is worse than expected

The audio D-Syncing is wild

The audio d-sync was completely fixed with the latest patch, it was even mentioned by some reviewers that it would be by launch. On PC, it's bad for some, but not for others. Console seems to be much more reasonable for people for the most part.

Coruscant is really rough. Lots of stuff going on though. Second area is more of an open world map like the original game planets and whole there was still some tearing, it was much better than the first area.
It wasn't rough at all for me on my PC. Just another one of those dumb situations. Really wish they could've kept the game in the over a little bit longer.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
how hard is it to migrate a UE4 game into UE5 I wonder...
especially 3 years out from release.
You can import assets without any issue, like the whole thing, it has to be authored again, but like it works... It's not going to be using any new feature, but still all the updates will be there. Problem could be some middleware, if they are using that.

SlimySnake

This game could have desperately used a 40hz quality mode option as well.

I'm in no rush to play it so if they add a 40hz option in the coming patches, I'm gonna be a happy camper.
Played Horizon DLC at 40 fps. I am constantly blown away by how much smoother it feels compared to 30 fps. And constantly shocked by how few studios bother implementing 40 fps modes. I get that vrr tvs are rare, but devs really need to start future proofing their games.

Last edited:

thatJohann

This is how HDR is looking like to me on PS5:

ZEIsl5Y.jpg
yAFDAPD.jpg
EASY FIX - go to your PS5 HDR calibration settings and on the third screen, the one for black point, bump it up at least one notch from the minimum. It fixes the HDR. It’s a known bug with users who have the third screen set to 0 in the ps5 calibration settings.

I'd say buy it if you're REALLY excited, but be prepared to refund if issues arise. That way you're not really losing anything, especially on Steam.

The audio d-sync was completely fixed with the latest patch, it was even mentioned by some reviewers that it would be by launch. On PC, it's bad for some, but not for others. Console seems to be much more reasonable for people for the most part.

It wasn't rough at all for me on my PC. Just another one of those dumb situations. Really wish they could've kept the game in the over a little bit longer.

I have a old Build with 2 980 GTX so I expect some issues

Top Bottom