• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
So, after the onslaught of shit PC ports, I thought I'd get this one on the PS5.

Are EA fucking serious? Performance mode is an absolutely embarrassing shitshow. Just disgustingly bad, unacceptable frame drops, tearing, hiccups. It's dog shit.

And of course, Sony won't refund.

This industry fucking sucks. I am so tired of it.

Luipadre

Gold Member
So, after the onslaught of shit PC ports, I thought I'd get this one on the PS5.

Are EA fucking serious? Performance mode is an absolutely embarrassing shitshow. Just disgustingly bad, unacceptable frame drops, tearing, hiccups. It's dog shit.

Stop buying these games day 1. Why you expect any changes when people keep buying unfinished games? Review scores are high, sales are high, why should they fucking care?

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I was keen on this but not giving them my money until it's patched properly. Sick of companies doing this type of trash.

Hoppa

I don’t know why but I bought it on impulse on Ps5. It’s not unplayable but I had to double check that I actually had performance mode on, turning off motion blur/chromatic and film grain somehow made the image quality worse lol. Game-wise Im about 40ish minutes in and it started a bit slow, typical action adventure platforming fodder. Might just wait for the patch

Shocking performance on console on whatever the current patch is. Playing this second so it's not an older patch. 40fps average in combat on XSX (in the 60fps mode) and worse on PS5. Stutters from 60 to 30fps when just exploring.

IQ is ok if a little blurry but whatever upscaling they are using handles certain parts of the image horribly with tons of shimmering and aliasing on certain things.

Unless there is another patch today DF etc will maul this in its current state.

I'm sure they will fix it and it will be a great experience in a month or two but poor showing out of the gate.

Luipadre

Gold Member
Shocking performance on console on whatever the current patch is. Playing this second so it's not an older patch. 40fps average in combat on XSX (in the 60fps mode) and worse on PS5. Stutters from 60 to 30fps when just exploring.

IQ is ok if a little blurry but whatever upscaling they are using handles certain parts of the image horribly with tons of shimmering and aliasing on certain things.

Unless there is another patch today DF etc will maul this in its current state.

I'm sure they will fix it and it will be a great experience in a month or two but poor showing out of the gate.

From what i understand there is no reason to use performance mode right now. Much worse IQ and graphics. Stutters, tearing and the fps is nowhere near 60

Last edited:

Arun1910

Jesus.

I cancelled my PC pre order the other day and was hoping to pick this up on PS5 today but from what I'm seeing here and on Reddit I think I'll wait a couple months.

fatmarco

The game looks atrocious on performance mode on Series X. Supposed to be 1440p, it clearly isn't. The use of FSR is obnoxious throughout.

The performance is also bad, maybe because they've got Ray tracing still going on, which you'd think would be an easy fix to simply not use Ray tracing in a Framerate mode?

(the performance is better in the second planet you visit)

Bragr

Banned
If it's this bad on the console too, WHY ARE THE CRITICS IGNORING THIS?? this is number one bullshit.

I don't know what to say, I'm playing on PC, it's constantly stuttering, and half of the textures look low-res.

A lot of half-finished animations too, especially the facial animations.

It's a shame because the opening location is awesome, apart from the shitty textures and barely-existent lighting (look at the weird pitch-black flying cars). They spend so much time and effort making a game and then push it out when it's 95% done. They did the same nonsense with the first game too. Respawn you fucking clowns.

Luipadre

Gold Member
The game looks atrocious on performance mode on Series X. Supposed to be 1440p, it clearly isn't. The use of FSR is obnoxious throughout.

The performance is also bad, maybe because they've got Ray tracing still going on, which you'd think would be an easy fix to simply not use Ray tracing in a Framerate mode?

(the performance is better in the second planet you visit)

That 1440p number is just PR talk. Its 1440p upscaled with FSR from probably a much lower resolution. Thats why there is so much upscaling artifacts too. I only saw some videos but it looks awful

Last edited:

Exentryk

Been playing for a few hours now and the game is fantastic! Love exploring the areas, and the combat is decent enough to keep it engaging.

Performance is fine on 3080 at 4K with everything max. Sure there are drops and some stutters, but I can deal with that. I could probably reduce some settings if it gets figured out what gives the most performance for minimal reduction in visuals.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

If it's this bad on the console too, WHY ARE THE CRITICS IGNORING THIS?? this is number one bullshit.
I guess it's today's "normal and wrong" mentality. As if this is a GaaS and it's normal to launch it half-baked.

This is a single-player game that should be playable from day-one. If not, just delay the game. The backlash they get from launching the game as it is is far worse. Game seems legit good, but this performance issue overshadows it a lot, because you can't see how good the game is if it performs poorly.

Not only that but I'm sure they wanted to dodge launching the game on the same month as Zelda TotK, because it makes zero sense not launching the game on may 4th.

Nevertheless I'm getting my game later today and I'll boot it up on PS5 to see how it holds. If I find it unbearable to play I guess I put it on stand-by unfortunately.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Gold Member
EA had tweeted that a patch was coming on launch day. Unless they meant the day 0 patch

Shouldn't that be out by now? I mean its day 1 and game released globally at the same time everywhere. I wouldn't hold my breath for it

Last edited:

thatJohann

I don’t get how HDR is fine for some and broken for others. Wonder if it’s based on your tv. Anyone with an LG C1 OLED that can check if HDR is broken for this tv?

MiguelItUp

I'm wondering if it gets "worse", currently playing right now on PC, been about 30-40 minutes thus far, and this by no means is awful for me. I've noticed about 4-5 micro stutters that happened during cinematics, but they were each about a half second. Gameplay has been buttery smooth. This is with a i9-12900 and a 3080, everything is on Epic @ 2560x1440...

Could things change? Maybe. But I've had plenty of combat segments and nothing has been a red flag. Wondering what's affecting other people's experiences at this point...

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Salty Pickle

Neo Member
Playing it right now on PS5. Perfectly playable, some stutters in performance mode along with occasional screen tear but definately not as bad as I thought it would be going off of some of the comments on here.

Playing on an LG CX with VRR activated.

ClosBSAS

man performance is so shit on PC, i was going down to 30fps and sub 30 with a 3090ti 12700k and 32gb ram...jesus.

the game is fucking incredible though. it looks so good with HDR on, its ridiculous and the sound is amazing. but fuck, fix the performance.

Exentryk

I like how the monsters that surprise attack you have a good audio telegraph before attacking, and you can usually prevent getting hit. I also appreciate good telegraphing for attacks from pretty much all enemies so far. Makes the combat a lot more enjoyable.

man performance is so shit on PC, i was going down to 30fps and sub 30 with a 3090ti 12700k and 32gb ram...jesus.

the game is fucking incredible though. it looks so good with HDR on, its ridiculous and the sound is amazing. but fuck, fix the performance.
That’s good enough for me I think. I’ve got almost an identical build but a 3080. Despite not being that interested in it previously, it does look fun and I’m bored so why the fuck not!

thatJohann

So I started playing finally on PS5 on my LG C1 and HDR looks… fine? I don’t see anything broken.

I do see occasional tearing and frame drops despite having VRR on so it’s def going below the 48fps VRR window but overall it’s fine. Glad it will only get better with the upcoming patches.

Version 1.000.002 on PS5 btw. Default HDR settings on the game. And calibrated HGIG PS5 HDR settings and using HGIG HDR on my LG C1 OLED.

Last edited:

aries_71

I’ve never seen such a disconnect between player feedback and professional reviews. How can this game have 8 and 9 score plastered everywhere?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I guess I'll be in the minority here and say I'm playing it on XSX in Quality Mode and am having a blast. That recap at the beginning was so well done! The sound (wearing Audeze headphones) is just *chef's kiss*. I jaw-dropped at some of the animations you do when killing the early Stormtroopers. The only issue, if you want to call it that, that I've seen was a quick hitch when it loaded a cutscene.

Now, granted, I'm only like 1.5 hours into it, but so far I'm loving it.

MiguelItUp

I’ve never seen such a disconnect between player feedback and professional reviews. How can this game have 8 and 9 score plastered everywhere?
Because a lot of reviewers tested on specific platforms that happen to perform better, and the game is better than the previous in every way apparently.

TheMan

Man, didn’t get a chance to play last night cause I fell asleep, but it’s disappointing to hear that the ps5 version has performance problems. Here’s hoping they put a patch out ASAP

Dibils2k

meh am i right in thinking most people complaining on consoles are people that need performance mode?

i have no issues with 30fps as i enjoy visual clarity but is the 30fps mode stable?

I’ve learnt to wait now after being burned so many times in the past.

Wait a month and you get a better experience for less money.

There have been impressions for the past week saying performance was awful and it was in the reviews. Why did you buy day one?

Top Bottom