• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor |OT| - Judge me by my file size, do you?

MaKTaiL

EASY FIX - go to your PS5 HDR calibration settings and on the third screen, the one for black point, bump it up at least one notch from the minimum. It fixes the HDR. It’s a known bug with users who have the third screen set to 0 in the ps5 calibration settings.
Thanks for the heads-up. They really need to fix this eventually though. The whole point of keeping the third screen at minimum is achieving perfect blacks on OLED TVs.

K' Dash

image.png

Some people still on copium and saying the game is just fine

I'll wait and get it for cheap later, there's no way I finish this before Zelda comes out anyway.

Zuzu

I really wish there were more 40fps modes being offered in games. I generally can't handle 30fps on the OLED tv, but 40fps is fairly good and would be quite suitable for a game like this. The image quality in performance mode looks pretty bad, but I don't think I'll be able to handle the 30fps of quality mode.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Played for about an hour on PC (5600x, 3080 10GB) and didnt see any issues. Playing at 4K with FSR quality and no raytracing. Looks great and framerate is generally very smooth only.
I am not saying there are no issues but so far I havent encountered any.

MaKTaiL

Really? They literally promised Dualsense features in one of the PR pieces alongside SSD and Ray tracing.

I laughed out loud when the game had me squeeze through a crack in the wall. Next gen as fuck!
I mean, there is no use for adaptive triggers and I haven't noticed any haptic feedback beyond the normal use of vibrations. I might be wrong though.

Banned
Really? They literally promised Dualsense features in one of the PR pieces alongside SSD and Ray tracing.

I laughed out loud when the game had me squeeze through a crack in the wall. Next gen as fuck!

Dualsense features is the same as "HD Rumble" support on Switch... every game technically has it, so developers sometimes just use it for their PR.

as soon as a game on PS5 has any kind of Rumble, the Devs can basically say "yeah we support haptic feedback"
just like any Switch game with any kind of fucks e can technically advertise their game with "using HD Rumble"

Last edited:

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I mean, there is no use for adaptive triggers and I haven't noticed any haptic feedback beyond the normal use of vibrations. I might be wrong though.
There's some of those special types of across controller vibrations, also the use of those alongside good controller speaker use has been cool.

No adaptive trigger stuff though, which for me, doesn't matter cause I hate them and turn them off always lol.

Side note: after some frames grossness and tearing I forced VRR on my C1 OLED and holy shit fuck Batman, the game looks 10x better and is good in Perf mode now.

Need to tick the "turn on in unsupported games" option in the PS5 VRR settings under screen options.

Last edited:

thatJohann

TIP for PS5 players.

If you’re sick of the screen tearing and frame drops (even with VRR), switch to Quality mode and change controls settings to:

Controller Look Sensitivity X - 6
Controller Look Sensitivity Y - 6

Makes quality mode feel much more responsive and you get the Quality Crispy graphics.

Banned
I asked it before but noone really answered so in the hopes someone has an answer I'll ask again... bigger this time.

HAS ANYONE PLAYED THIS ON XBOX ON A VRR DISPLAY, PREFERABLY AT 120HZ, AND IF SO CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT IT INDEED SUPPORTS VRR PROPERLY?

EDIT: FOR ANYONE STUMBLING ACROSS THIS, WONDERING THE SAME, A FEW POSTS DOWN 2 PEOPLE CONFIRMED IT WORKS!

Last edited:

momo15

Neo Member
I asked it before but noone really answered so in the hopes someone has an answer I'll ask again... bigger this time.

HAS ANYONE PLAYED THIS ON XBOX ON A VRR DISPLAY, PREFERABLY AT 120HZ, AND IF SO CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT IT INDEED SUPPORTS VRR PROPERLY?

LG C2
XSX 120hz
70~120hZ
I think it supports. The screen is pretty good.

paulyboy81

Neo Member

Playing at 120hz with VRR on a LG CX, can indeed confirm it all works very well.

In fact I can't stress enough how much of a difference the 120hz and LFC help with this game over a 60hz VRR output, it's night and day.

Banned
LG C2
XSX 120hz
70~120hZ
I think it supports. The screen is pretty good.

Playing at 120hz with VRR on a LG CX, can indeed confirm it all works very well.

In fact I can't stress enough how much of a difference the 120hz and LFC help with this game over a 60hz VRR output, it's night and day.

good to know! thanks!
after Ghostwire's astonishing feat of only supporting VRR in the modes that aren't meant for VRR, and not supporting it on the precise 2 modes that are meant for VRR, I had my doubts about trusting this one to support it without issue

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game just crashes after the stupidly long logo intros (no one likes seeing these. . .every fucking time). I honestly just grabbed the game to see if the performance was as woeful, but Jesus, when you can't even get to main menus anymore. . .

Apparently it is an AMD issue as REDDIT seems to suggest.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion

EDIT: FOR ANYONE STUMBLING ACROSS THIS, WONDERING THE SAME, A FEW POSTS DOWN 2 PEOPLE CONFIRMED IT WORKS!
It does, but it has stutter unrelated to VRR. In performance mode at least, played 2 hours so far.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I’ll take some Series S shots later.

edit: NOPE Series S version is 134GB not installing that.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Holy frijoles I this is bad. The game absolutely isn't "unplayable. . ." but the performance issues are for sure wild. As others have said, 1440P using FSR Balanced on a 6800XT/5600X/32G's and I'm getting 40 frames climbing a ladder. This is top-shelf "fly in the ointment" performance that no way someone did see during testing.

. . .oh well. Beyond that, game immediately feels "better" to play than FO and there's a clear jump in confidence from the art aesthetic to the performances. Does suck that there wasn't some grand music playing during that intro (which again was spoiled by the stutter-struggling) because it was crying out for it. And wasn't 2046 the name of the Bobba Fett game these guys were trying to do?

You paid $70 for a game just to see if it was shit

Sure why not? Was going to play the game eventually but wanted to satisfy my own curiosity.

phant0m

I still don’t understand how performance mode looks like a PS4 game and still can’t hold a locked 60 fps

This gen sucks

Last edited:
Apparently it's 900p internal res in performance mode (I guess on both consoles?) then reconstructed to 1440p which I can believe given how blurry it is and how messy the image looks when you move the camera.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Series S version is 134GB. The 44GB size was more FUD about the console that concerns so many people for completely mysterious reasons.

Luipadre

Apparently it's 900p internal res in performance mode (I guess on both consoles?) then reconstructed to 1440p which I can believe given how blurry it is and how messy the image looks when you move the camera.

thats what my guess was based on some perf mode pictures i saw.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
This performance is all over the board for a lot of players.

I have played it on 4 different machines, 1 console 3 pcs:

PS5 - I recommend the 40fps 1440p mode. It felt the best to me, but I also only spent about 35 minutes on the PS5 version. Got through the intro

PC 1: On screen FPS readings show the following range: 45 fps to 74 fps. (PC and monitor set to 120 hrz 1440p no RT)
Core i9-9900K 32gb ddr4, 512 gb nvme pcie ver 3.x, Intel Arc 770, windows 10 (latest patch)

PC 2: on screen FPS readings show the following range: 70fps to 101fps (PC and monitor set to 120 hrz, 4k no RT)
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x, 64gb ddr 4 ram, 1tb nvme pcie 4.x, RTX 3090 Founders edition, windows 10 (latest patch)

PC 3: on screen FPS readings show the following range: 84fps to 120fps (pc and monitor set to 120 hrz 4k no RT)
Intel Intel i9-13900k, 64bg ddr6, 2tb nvme pcie ver 4.x, RTX 4090 Founders edition, windows 11 (latest patch)

For the PC version I played the same 1 hour and 15 min (ish) intro to first planet section of the game. The NVIDA drivers are both latest and I left all game settings set to what the game choose on start up (except for RT which I set to "NO" on the first start up for each PC).

I still recommend playing on PC. Even the lowest performing PC version felt better to me than it did on PS5, but admittedly I didn't play the PS5 version as long as I did each of the PC versions. Each person is going to have their own opinion as well, just sharing my exp.

Every version has issues with Cinematic playback at least in the sessions I ran through.

Performance mode on SX is awful especially once you get to the more open areas, it’s near constant screen-tearing and the res looks to be below the 1440p target most of the time, it might be alright with VRR but without it’s just not worth it.

Quality mode isn’t hitting it’s 4k target either, and has some dips, but it’s sporadic and hits the 30fps target more often than not compared to the virtually constant problems with performance mode.

Last edited:

MaKTaiL

There's some of those special types of across controller vibrations, also the use of those alongside good controller speaker use has been cool.

No adaptive trigger stuff though, which for me, doesn't matter cause I hate them and turn them off always lol.

Side note: after some frames grossness and tearing I forced VRR on my C1 OLED and holy shit fuck Batman, the game looks 10x better and is good in Perf mode now.

Need to tick the "turn on in unsupported games" option in the PS5 VRR settings under screen options.
I've been having a problem with VRR lately where all my recorded videos have audio out of sync when VRR is turned on for any game. Can you give it a try?

Top Bottom