• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Official Gameplay Reveal

Mista

Banned

The footage is set about three hours into the game. Protagonist Kal, a young Padawan who yet to become a full Jedi, is on the planet Kashyyyk, enslaved by the Empire to drain its resources, where he is tasked with freeing the Wookies.

Last edited:
Light sabers are NOT boomerangs.
I understand that the Jedi could Force PULL it back, but he doesn't.

The slowed death sequences are pathetic.

So this is Star Wars Uncharted.

Edit: Oh Jesus, just saw the double jump 🤮

Last edited:

Solo Act

I want this game to do well because of what it represents (an EA single player game). That said, this demo doesn't look particularly good to me and I was really looking forward to it. Graphically it's definitely a step down from Uncharted 4 and that came out years ago. I would describe my opinion of the gameplay as "by the numbers".

Mildudon

Light sabers are NOT boomerangs.
I understand that the Jedi could Force PULL it back, but he doesn't.

The slowed death sequences are pathetic.

So this is Star Wars Uncharted.

Edit: Oh Jesus, just saw the double jump 🤮

Have you played the other 3rd person star wars games. Like star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. The jumping is nearly similar.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
The negativity in the first posts.... Am I on ResetEra... Let me check... Nope...

Come on guys... Looks dope and more or less like 1313 with a light saber... Everyone was sad when it was canned and now this....I’m puzzled...

Well, I’ll preorder once a Steelbook version is available. Loving what I saw.

Mildudon

I haven't seen all of star wars rebels. But correct me if i am wrong, but I don't remember stormtroopers having batons to counter lightsabers at this point in the timeline.

Fbh

Looks ok. I expected more from Respawn and at least here I saw none of the awesome level and encounter design from Titanfall 2, but it might be fun after a price drop. Or maybe it's just a bad demo

Really seems to be going for that Uncharted style: hyper linear level design with impossible to fail "platforming" sections in between battle encounters. I hope it also means there's some cool set piece moments.
Combat looks fairly by the numbers. Hopefully this is early on and by the end there's more skills and combos, and I imagine this was being recorded in easy mode so I hope higher difficulty options make it more interesting

C

Contica

Unconfirmed Member
Something about the main character is completely unappealing to me. He just... doesn't look like a hero I want to play.

More importantly though, who is that obnoxious hyper annoying guy asking the questions?

Verdanth

Looks good except he is swinging a bat not a lightsaber. Sorry but it needs dismemberment, without it feels fake.

Also dont like the protagonist so far, feels so generic and he gives me a Nero wannabe vibe.

If this had Sekiro's parry system, now that would be awesome.

Last edited:
I have more faith in Respawn than any other developer, but that didn't exactly look exhilirating. A lot of God of War there and I think it looked fine visually, but it almost looked like the enemy a.i. was turned off at times.

jonnyp

Slightly disappointed but still looks fun. Unfortunately, I stopped buying EA games many years ago.

Worst part about the presentation was Greg Miller, he is such an insufferable douche.

waylo

Banned
Let me preface by saying I'm not a Star Wars fan at all.

That looked incredibly boring to me.

Bullet Club

pdpzofP.gif

Mildudon

The devs saying that you can't go dark side because the main character has to fulfill a certain roll. That comes of as that disney/lucasfilm dictating what the charretar can and can't be. So he can be used in other media.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Looks decent. Combat looks like it's ripped out of Creed Odyssey or possibly for Honor.

I'll give it a shot.

juliotendo

Looks like an ok game to play maybe when it hits around $19 to $29 USD. I don’t think I would spend full retail price on this.

Something about it looks bland though, and a lot of it seems really generic. I can’t quite figure out what it is.

I think the whole Star Wars thing is just becoming dull already.

Last edited:

Belmonte

I liked the From Software-like combat. Seems to have lots of potential with Force powers and all that. I hope we have some exploration in the levels also. I can't tell if the player in the video was just going in the main path or there is just one path.

Arun1910

I.. seem to be the only person who thought that was decent?

I liked how the Storm Troopers didn't have crazy health, it made sense to me. I can see scenarios where you just get surrounded and what makes their conflict hard is them all coming down on you from different sides.

I thought the force powers looked good, the extended fights with what I will call the Purple Sword guy looked like they could be challenging.

Graphics looked good, facial animations a bit weird but, whatever.

If the story is good and we get many more Archetypes (like they said) then I will be happy. Knowing there are more force powers to unlock and play around with has peaked my interest too.

Lanrutcon

Shadows of Uncharted Creed.

Has the skill tree been revealed? Bet it's split into like, generic abilities/force abilities/lightsaber combat. Probably has a gear upgrade system. There will be collectibles, weekly missions for some special resource to get skins and shit. Probably has a ship we can customise and improve. Little sidekick bot is there to play R2D2 and hack things.

Diddy X

Outstanding graphics, gameplay looks old and boring, would rather watch it on youtube than play it.

Story makes all the difference in a game like this. Gameplay looks adequate, nothing spectacular. If the game has a great story it will be a great game.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
I must say... the WOW effect just wasn't there for me. I mean, it does look and plays like an action adventure game we all played like a million times and SW license aside, I just don't see how this game is different. Now, that said, it sure looks like a game I want to play and support, I just hope it'll offer a lot more interesting stuff in terms of gameplay, memorable story, characters, set pieces etc. and I think this type of combat can become stale in about 5-6 hours or so... kinda like in The Force Unleashed series.

Also, yeah, you can kill stormtroopers in one hit and thank god this time we actually see burned wounds on bodies etc, but these new purgetroopers... you should kill them just as fast too no matter the armor they're wearing, or at least cut off limbs etc. I don't know, this right here still feels like you're wealding a glowing baton instead of real lightsaber. All in all, wasn't impressed all that much, but I for sure will be playing this game, just not on launch at 3700K RUB on PC - fuck off with this shit, EA!, you're not better that any other publisher out there which are selling their AAA games on PC for 2K RUB.

Last edited:
Top Bottom