• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Star Wars Jedi is in development, devs confirm

Draugoth

Gold Member
star_wars_jedi_survivor_review__3h7u25g-1210x544.jpg

Disney and Electronic Arts hit the mark with Star Wars Jedi, which showed that there is still interest in titles for the solo player. Fortunately for fans of the galactic franchise, both companies have not wasted the success of the first two installments and have just revealed that the third installment is already in development.

The surprising revelation was not made by Respawn Entertainment, Disney or Electronic Arts, but by the actor who plays the protagonist in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Star Wars Jedi: Survivor, Cameron Monaghan.

“We are working on the third (Star Wars Jedi installment) and right now we are in the process of making it,”

Said the actor when a fan at Comic-Con 2023 in Ocala questioned him about the projects they are working on.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
If they dont fire the people who "optimized" the game and worked on the animations, then expect another garbage port. The people who worked on the level design tho? Give them a raise, because Jedi Survivor has an incredible level design, especially on Koboh.

Valonquar

Late into my play through I turned Cal into Jedi Redneck. Mullet, long mustache, jeans with wifebeater and bandolier. Solely used blaster stance and drop kicked everyone possible. Maybe in the sequel they can give him a robot dog upgrade for BD-1.

Despite all the technical issues (and oh boy were there a lot!) Survivor was a fantastic game, one I enjoyed so much that I got the plat trophy for it. With Stig's departure it'll be interesting to see who takes the director's chair and what they do with it. I felt like Stig was building towards something epic with a trilogy in mind, 3rd could have been on the level of his finest work to date: God of War 3.

Fbh

Can't wait to play it 6 months after launch.
Hopefully they've learned a lesson regarding ray tracing on consoles.

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Yeah they will pump those out until no one cares and then do 2 more. Budget and Quality decreasing every time.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
It will be very uncharted territory without Stig around.

Probably won't be there day one like I was for Survivor. Learned my lesson.

Mister Wolf

I'm interested where they go with the story after the end of Survivor. They need to up their competence with using the Unreal Engine.

Last edited:
Top Bottom