• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stadia

Stadia

• Will die in 2021

Votes: 154 37.9%
  • Will die before the next gen (PS6)

Votes: 158 38.9%
  • Will be kinda sucessful

Votes: 67 16.5%
  • Will beat the PS5

Votes: 27 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Algan

Bad news for non believers 🥳🤪🥳.

Yeah Stadia is currently hiring and is about to be released in South America:

Why is it important.
Let's face it. America is crap and is crap for cloud gaming because gamers have access to great consoles but have data cap for internet... (bad for cloud)

On the other hand cloud gaming is very popular in Brazil since consoles are too expensive for the average gamer. (GFN and Xcloud are too crowded with infinite queues ). There is a cloud demand in Brazil and a 70mbps average internet speed. (40 is needed for 4K Stadia)

The future of cloud gaming are merging countries.

2022 LATAM
2023 ASIA (huge demand in India) ?

Wow! It is good news that Stadia is aiming to enter the Brazilian market. We currently have Geforce Now and xCloud with excellent performance.

surprise-938281.gif

Internet operators in Brazil are rapidly expanding fiber infrastructure in several cities, with speeds of at least 100Mb/s and unlimited usage.
Unfortunately, Stadia in my opinion is the worst streaming service out there right now. The idea of having to buy games on Google's own store and not having a subscription option like xCloud leaves this service far behind its competitors.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
So...any thoughts on the Stadia YT videos today?
The white labelling focus was known since 2021... 😎 (ATT Batman)

Stadia hater's reaction is just masturbation. 😇

"Stadia is dead 2021"
3rd message: "Shocked".

"Stadia is dead 2022"
13th message: " pretends to be shocked"

Same jokes every year... 🤡

Only the budget limitation for Stadia is a new detail but not unexpected.

It's a shame but on the other hand it is confirmed that Google will keep Stadia alive:
They are currently hiring and probably want to take advantages of the new market (LATAM, Australia). Why not ? They are millions of gamers there, the library is decent enough and Google already paid for another upcoming 150 to 200 games for years to come...

Conclusion:

#Yeah, Stadia isn't Google's priority anymore. Too bad.

#Yup, Stadia won't close: They are hiring, many countries are hungry for cloud gaming.(registration is over in Brazil 🥳)

#Yup, there is a market with Stadia on Smart TVs. Google won't be leader of the video game market, but Stadia will be integrated in more than 100 million TVs in 2022. I guess they'll eat a share of that pie...

Last edited:

ZoukGalaxy

The white labelling focus was known since 2021... 😎 (ATT Batman)

Stadia hater's reaction is just masturbation. 😇

"Stadia is dead 2021"
3rd message: "Shocked".

"Stadia is dead 2022"
13th message: " pretends to be shocked"

Same jokes every year... 🤡

Only the budget limitation for Stadia is a new detail but not unexpected.

It's a shame but on the other hand it is confirmed that Google will keep Stadia alive:
They are currently hiring and probably want to take advantages of the new market (LATAM, Australia). Why not ? They are millions of gamers there, the library is decent enough and Google already paid for another upcoming 150 to 200 games for years to come...

Conclusion:

#Yeah, Stadia isn't Google's priority anymore. Too bad.

#Yup, Stadia won't close: They are hiring, many countries are hungry for cloud gaming.(registration is over in Brazil 🥳)

#Yup, there is a market with Stadia on Smart TVs. Google won't be leader of the video game market, but Stadia will be integrated in more than 100 million TVs in 2022. I guess they'll eat a share of that pie...

#Okay

Great Job Yes GIF by Hollywood Suite

Last edited:

Fat Frog

Wow! It is good news that Stadia is aiming to enter the Brazilian market. We currently have Geforce Now and xCloud with excellent performance.

surprise-938281.gif

Internet operators in Brazil are rapidly expanding fiber infrastructure in several cities, with speeds of at least 100Mb/s and unlimited usage.
Unfortunately, Stadia in my opinion is the worst streaming service out there right now. The idea of having to buy games on Google's own store and not having a subscription option like xCloud leaves this service far behind its competitors.
#1 Game purchase isn't mandatory on Stadia. There are already F2P games like Destiny 2, Hitman, Bomberman, PUBG.

#2 Cloud services are different from consoles wars... It's OK if you're not very interested by the Stadia business model: You don't have to buy expensive hardwares to test all the services like the old console model.

You can ignore Stadia for months and then pick and play one or two games. (buying is not a real problem since there is a refund policy if the service close...)

Play your GFN, good for you and if one day you want to play Sega of Japan games (almost none on GFN), Square of Japan titles, then buy a selected game on Stadia. It's cheap, you have nothing to loose (refunds are official within the internal policy)

Fat Frog

What is this refund policy?
The "you loose all your games if Stadia closes" is a myth.

If you loose acces to your games, Stadia refunds your games except the in app purchases of F2P games...

It's been proved, i have seen the terms and kept a screen cap in my phone. (upload failed on gaf but i will copy a part of it)

"If Google remove access to content that you have purchased, Google may offer you full or partial refund for purchased games and expansions" (and then later they explain why it could be partial because they don't refund virtual currency stuffs and in app purchases within F2P)

The usual policy for paid services at Google is:

- You can save, transfer your content to new services. (there is no example of stolen content by google. The lost content is only for free services, that's completely different from paid services)

- Stadia games cannot be easily saved or transferred, so Google has chosen refunds...

- Google doesn't remove access to paid content, that's facts. (they only remove content for free services)

Last edited:
"If Google remove access to content that you have purchased, Google may offer you full or partial refund for purchased games and expansions" (and then later they explain why it could be partial because they don't refund virtual currency stuffs and in app purchases within F2P)

"may"

Fat Frog

I know but Google stealing paid content to customers is the exception... Does it exist (Free service is not paid content) ?
Examples ? Google music ? Google movies ? There was no stolen content. Google did find a way for each case (save content, transfer > Google Music became Youtube music, we didn't loose our content)

They would have lawsuits tsunami. (and would probably loose)
The details of the terms only say Stadia won't refund in app purchases

I know but Google stealing paid content to customers is the exception... Does it exist (Free service is not paid content) ?
Examples ? Google music ? Google movies ? There was no stolen content. Google did find a way for each case (save content, transfer > Google Music became Youtube music, we didn't loose our content)

They would have lawsuits tsunami. (and would probably loose)
The details of the terms only say Stadia won't refund in app purchases

it wouldn't have lawsuits, it's explicit in the terms you just posted that they don't have to do anything...only effect it would have is possible reputational damage

Fat Frog

it wouldn't have lawsuits, it's explicit in the terms you just posted that they don't have to do anything...only effect it would have is possible reputational damage
It would have lawsuits for abusive terms if they don't offer refunds. A lot of big companies try to fuck people in Europe but judges are powerful, they punish them: For instance, Glovo, Deliveroo try to make contracts with "partners" and not "employees", it's their terms... but when they fire people, judges cancel their " terms" and give "partners" a status of employee...(allows financial compensation)

These companies are losing all their lawsuits. Judges are not stupid...

As for refunds, Google always has a solution for customers and paid content(Google music, google movies) , there is no example of stolen content...

Google won't remove access without compensation.

Last edited:
The "you loose all your games if Stadia closes" is a myth.

If you loose acces to your games, Stadia refunds your games except the in app purchases of F2P games...

It's been proved, i have seen the terms and kept a screen cap in my phone. (upload failed on gaf but i will copy a part of it)

The usual policy for paid services at Google is:

- You can save, transfer your content to new services. (there is no example of stolen content by google. The lost content is only for free services, that's completely different from paid services)

- Stadia games cannot be easily saved or transferred, so Google has chosen refunds...

- Google doesn't remove access to paid content, that's facts. (they only remove content for free services)
You know Onlive had the same type of policy when they had to take a game down. They didn't have to when they shut the whole system down. Google will be the same way

Fat Frog

I admire your passion for a failing service, Fat Frog Fat Frog

Once Stadia and/or Google stream is lowered into the ground, are you moving onto GeForce Now or another service?
I already know i'm awesome but thanx 😎

Unlike consoles, it's much more easy to use several cloud services, you know.😇 I already use GFN free tier and i'm looking forward game purchases on Xcloud. (I'll use PS Now as well if Sony proposes game purchases)

CobraAB

Is Phil Harrison still with Google or has he moved on?

I know he was at Atari and then at Microsoft. He certainly has not been high profile since he left Sony.

Fat Frog

I'm back with a HUGE News 😎
3916711-2021-12-1012_28_09-sonicthehedgehog2_officialtrailer_paramountpicturesaustralia-youtube.png

Sorry for you Stadia haters, you lost...

Ok, just kidding but tomorrow's summit will be interesting and important for the success or downfall of Stadia.

If the Windows emulator is effective enough to convince publishers, then Stadia will have a second chance. (If publishers only needs 1 guy and two clicks for the port, then we'll talk...)

Capcom, Sega are hiring for Stadia (last chance ?)

and Ubisoft confirms they believe in Stadia and will continue to feed the service. (it would mean at least Stadia will remain a Ubisoft remote console 😅)

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
I'm back with a HUGE News 😎
3916711-2021-12-1012_28_09-sonicthehedgehog2_officialtrailer_paramountpicturesaustralia-youtube.png

Sorry for you Stadia haters, you lost...

Ok, just kidding but tomorrow's summit will be interesting and important for the success or downfall of Stadia.

If the Windows emulator is effective enough to convince publishers, then Stadia will have a second chance. (If publishers only needs 1 guy and two clicks for the port, then we'll talk...)

Capcom, Sega are hiring for Stadia (last chance ?)

and Ubisoft confirms they believe in Stadia and will continue to feed the service. (it would mean at least Stadia will remain a Ubisoft remote console 😅)

I thought stadia was transforming into a service for businesses to host demos on their website and have interactive marketing?

Fat Frog

I would have waited until after the event before posting. It could be a whole lot of nothing...
I agree, i was joking. 🤪🤡
Like i said, if the emulator is a thing and really a game changer for Stadia developement (minimum time investment from publishers), then it could change Stadia's cloudy fate or... it could be simple masturbation from Google 😁.

But it seems some sites changed their mind on Stadia. They don't necessarly think it will be a success but a least be useful for the industry.

Lunarorbit

Stadia? Nothing is saving this pos.

They had their chance years ago and blew it. Has the internet infrastructure gotten way better since then?

Fuck stadia. Never did anything personal against me but fuck Google and their ass backwardsness

I'm honestly baffled at how well this works in my area. Maybe there is an ever so slight delay when using a mouse, but nothing more than the difference between how two different local games would handle latency. Zero chance I would be able to tell it's streamed if I used a controller.

Image quality is pretty meh on this base tier though. At least on a 65" TV.

Fat Frog

I'm honestly baffled at how well this works in my area. Maybe there is an ever so slight delay when using a mouse, but nothing more than the difference between how two different local games would handle latency. Zero chance I would be able to tell it's streamed if I used a controller.

Image quality is pretty meh on this base tier though. At least on a 65" TV.
Yeah i wouldn't expect miracles on a 65" TV 😆, for now i'm good with 32" screen.

Did you try the Nvidia Shield Pro 4k AI IQ enhancing ? I think it's a little expensive but i'm pretty sure some chinese companies will soon find a way to imitate Nvidia's technologie for 50 bucks 😁.

I believe some recent LG, Samsung smart TV's are already kinda enhance image quality. Some prefer Stadia on their new TVs (internal app) instead of CCU render.

Fat Frog

Google is officially shutting down Stadia.
jk...

Summer 2022 state of Stadia

Honestly, it's hard to say if Stadia will survive 2024-2025. 🤡

CONS:
AAA games are dropping down.
No country expansion.
Maybe Stadia is running out of time and Google won't be patient any further.

PROS:

After LG, TCL, Hisense, Philips, Stadia also launched on Samsung TVs.
Big publishers remain silent on Stadia, nonetheless indies are receiving monthly incomes from Stadia PRO and some of them are announcing 2023 releases for Stadia. (Stadia a failing Playstation but a successful Ouya ?)
Stadia is still hiring
Stadia low effort porting tool are improving. (for now, that allow to reduce development time from months to weeks and the jobs descriptions for the Stadia porting team suggests that it will continue to be reduced to the limit)

PS: I saw the next gen RDR2 thread bumped yesterday 🤡🤡🤡

https://www.playstation.com/fr-fr/g...27YrzMisVem0tbYDSup3ZvD7YL1cPIOBoChFUQAvD_BwE
https://stadia.google.com/game/rdr2

RDR2 PS5 : 30 FPS/60 bucks 🤡
RDR2 Stadia:60 FPS/30 bucks (on salessales and you don't pay 500 dollars for the console 🤑)

Jump in 🥳
https://stadia.google.com/store/list/47?hl=fr
30 click to play demos

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Stadia is all but dead. Google is doing the bare minimum. As current gen ramps up, Stadia will officially die. It’s not worth the investment.

Fat Frog

Love it 😍.

Lone Wolf Lone Wolf

Hard to say.

The press overestimated Google during the first Stadia presentation:

" Blabla Alphabet is so powerful with Google and Youtube... many game journalists could loose their jobs with such virality"

Now, gamers are underestimating Google:

"Blabla it was written (sure, Jane), killed by Google".

Everything could be so fast with Google.

A closure of course...

But what about a release in LATAM, ASIA... Don't forget Stadia has been all of a sudden released in 100 million Smart TVs right after they were announced dead by most players.

Last edited:

Fat Frog

In other words, the Stadia team is currently playing low profil but is still working on its 0 effort porting tools for big publishers. (Amazon receives much more games than Stadia due to windows... it doesn't cost very much to port PC games to Luna)

Also

Pepe the frog only plays on Stadia 🤑

Last edited:

Fat Frog

It'll die next year. It already is barely spoken about in gaming circles. No matter how many adverts YouTube tries to shove down my throat.

I can't see Google bothering to continue with it.
You lost in 2021.
You'll loose again in 2022, Stadia has been announced for Mexico 😎.

But i like you, you had the balls to give a precise prediction. No Stadia avatar for you.
I'm awesome, i know 💩.

@ all suckers

BET TIME !

Stadia will die in 2023, 24, 25 ?

What are your predictions ?

Last edited:

Dizzan

MINI Member
Any news on Australia?? I finally have fibre to my house. Hoping PS5 is the last console I need to buy.

Fat Frog

Crucial day for Stadia fanboys (hi) and Stadia haters.

In 5 hours, we'll know if EA is done with Stadia.

If Fifa 23 is cancelled on Stadia, even with LATAM, the future of Stadia would remain cloudy without the help of big plublishers.

On the other hand, Fifa 23 as launch title for Mexico would be absolutely nuts (for Mexicans, Football > sex) and could secure a second life to Stadia...

Fat Frog

https://www.xda-developers.com/google-stadia-party-stream/

A Mario Kart like soon available (without paying any console) on hundreds of millions of Smart TVs ? (Stadia is available on 70% of upcoming Smart TVs from Samsung to LG, Hisense, Philipps, TCL...)

Google is finally taking good decisions lately (not to mention Sonic is very popular in LATAM for the imminent launch)

Well developped, TSR could do a very good use of cloud tech: For instance, the stream could send the same graphic quality for all players in the same room.(it was teased in the old Stadia tech demos... )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom