• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square-Enix should get HexaDrive to remaster Crisis Core in the same vein as Type 0

Boss Mog

HexaDrive did a great job remastering the PSP version of Final Fantasy Type 0 for the PS4. I don't know what they're up to these days but I think it'd be great if SE could get them to do a similar port for Crisis Core. I really love Crisis Core and my PSP barely holds a charge anymore as I'm sure is the case with others. I thought about getting the game digitally for the Vita but it turns out that Crisis Core is not available digitally on the PS Store for whatever reason. Honestly I'm sure they'd make money off of it, especially with all the Remake hype. Come on SE, just do it.

Deft Beck

Crisis Core isn't going to get a remaster as long as Gackt's voice and likeness is in the story in the form of Genesis, the main villain.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
200.gif

CamHostage

Crisis Core isn't going to get a remaster as long as Gackt's voice and likeness is in the story in the form of Genesis, the main villain.

Oh shit, huh? I always wondered why Crisis Core was this case of having no digital presence and no future re-release plans despite lasting interest (although there are of course a LOT of Square Enix games with that history...) but Gackt being one of the roadblocks would make some sense.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler

They'd also have to negotiate with Ayaka's record label, too, and figure out international shit, because "Why," wasn't localized and the original Japanese theme was kept for other releases. Overall it's a J-Pop red tape nightmare.

Lethal01

Oh shit, huh? I always wondered why Crisis Core was this case of having no digital presence and no future re-release plans despite lasting interest (although there are of course a LOT of Square Enix games with that history...) but Gackt being one of the roadblocks would make some sense.

That's just a rumor with nothing to back it up.

In reality, Gackt loves the series, has allowed genesis to be used in several other works, and has constantly said he would love to come back.

Just last year he was reciting lines.

Erdrick

I'd love to play Crisis Core again on modern consoles. Best spinoff of the whole FF7 thing they were going at some 15 years ago. The soundtrack alone is worth it.

Top Bottom